2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Camaro 5 guys are now conspiracy nuts

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/10 | 11:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 541MoparMan
I'm one of the Challenger owners from Camaro5..and frankly I cant agree more with this post. Being a Mopar fan I have already selected my car. That being said, behind Mopar my loyalty lies with Ford.

The die hards over at Camaro5 really are nutswingers. My opinion is doubly pointless because not only did I dare to state that the Mustang has won the 2011 round of the muscle car wars..but I also drive a Challenger which makes it basically worthless in their view.

Their retarded parroting of excuses is rather pathetic. They're "Its heavier because its safer" and "We have the better looking cars" is the same lines the die hard Challenger folks vomit out. I personally let my car speak for me.
Welcome aboard! Nice car too, not for me, but still great!
Old 4/4/10 | 11:20 PM
Post *****

I'm one of the Challenger owners from Camaro5..and frankly I cant agree more with this post. Being a Mopar fan I have already selected my car. That being said, behind Mopar my loyalty lies with Ford.

The die hards over at Camaro5 really are nutswingers. My opinion is doubly pointless because not only did I dare to state that the Mustang has won the 2011 round of the muscle car wars..but I also drive a Challenger which makes it basically worthless in their view.

Their retarded parroting of excuses is rather pathetic. They're "Its heavier because its safer" and "We have the better looking cars" is the same lines the die hard Challenger folks vomit out. I personally let my car speak for me.
Challengers are definitely gorgeous.

What color do you have?
Old 4/4/10 | 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Challengers are definitely gorgeous.

What color do you have?
Dark Titanium..kind of a dark metallic gray, more brown than Sterling Grey.

Old 4/4/10 | 11:36 PM
Post *****

Nice. If I didn't have a Mustang, I'd definitely have a Challenger.

I drove by the Chevy dealer tonight. I think I like the looks of the Camaro better when its at rest as opposed to when its in motion. It's probably just one of my quirks, but I just think they look better that way.
Old 4/4/10 | 11:49 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Nice. If I didn't have a Mustang, I'd definitely have a Challenger.

I drove by the Chevy dealer tonight. I think I like the looks of the Camaro better when its at rest as opposed to when its in motion. It's probably just one of my quirks, but I just think they look better that way.
The 2010 Camaros look even better in the rearview mirror of a Mustang. I keed! I keed!
Funny how they can't handle having the slower car from the factory this time around. Guess the Camaros' performance numbers were the only saving grace (looks are a subjective thing) because it couldn't keep up with the Mustang in overall sales numbers before and certainly not now with the release of the 2011 V6 and V8.
Old 4/5/10 | 12:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1trickpony
All I can see GM doing with the 2011 Camaro is an option gear ratio like 3.73s. Cam changes and retunes affect fuel economy, emissions, and warranties. I don't think GM has the time or money for this in 2011. Plus they'd need to bump up the Corvette to keep it on top. The Vette has always led on HP so to find 10 HP on the Camaro you's need to find 20 HP for the Vette. Maybe in 2012 or after the new line of GM V8s come out GM will find some extra HP.
GM usually ups hp about every couple of years in either cam/tune swaps (a la every LT1 upgrade, LT4 upgrade to LS1 in 97, 2000 LS1 cam swap, 01 intake swap, switch to LS2, switch to LS3 etc etc). You loose money otherwise. With millions invested in the "You Decide" I don't see letting 1 mpg stand especially when the standard 14:1 AFR can be dropped to 13:1 and increase both hp and mpg .GM has used CAI's in past (Blackwing lids and other SLP sourced ram air parts). Gears would drop the MPG which right now is more important in the "You Decide" campaign. Gears would be the last thing I would expect, unless they wen't down numerically like a 3.08 or 2.73. 80 mph at 1500 rpm nets great highway numbers. Bumping the corvette is just as easy.

Originally Posted by bob
Most of the published GT500 times are in the 12's, not even counting "real world" encounters where times are all over the map. Camaro guys also like to talk about 07-10 GT's incapable of anything but high 13's and low 14's (and the ambiguity there in, what consitutes high 13's??? IMO 13.70 - 13.99 is high to me, 13.69 - 13.40 would be mid, and 13.39 and below semes like a respectably low 13 second car, but YMMV)
Some just don't get the driver mod. I've outrun a 800RWHP GT500 once at the track. 800+hp and stock tires and rubber meant smoking tires all the way to the 1/8 mark. I gues to them my stock GTO was faster even though he blew by me after the traps like I was sitting still. Driver mod FTL. I bet some knuckle dragger can get a 14.00 run out of a ZR1.

Last edited by Slims00ls1z28; 4/5/10 at 12:21 AM.
Old 4/5/10 | 12:36 AM
GT Member

Well the Camaro5 guys are really gonna be pissed when they read the Motortrend 3 Way comparison. Mustang wins ALL performance categories.
Old 4/5/10 | 12:45 AM
MOTM Committee Member

So much for their "only .1 seconds" excuse
Old 4/5/10 | 12:49 AM

^^^ """"""So much for their "only .1 seconds" excuse """"""" ................LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =]

Last edited by The_F5_Assassin; 4/5/10 at 12:50 AM.
Old 4/5/10 | 03:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Slims00ls1z28
GM usually ups hp about every couple of years in either cam/tune swaps (a la every LT1 upgrade, LT4 upgrade to LS1 in 97, 2000 LS1 cam swap, 01 intake swap, switch to LS2, switch to LS3 etc etc). You loose money otherwise. With millions invested in the "You Decide" I don't see letting 1 mpg stand especially when the standard 14:1 AFR can be dropped to 13:1 and increase both hp and mpg .GM has used CAI's in past (Blackwing lids and other SLP sourced ram air parts). Gears would drop the MPG which right now is more important in the "You Decide" campaign. Gears would be the last thing I would expect, unless they wen't down numerically like a 3.08 or 2.73. 80 mph at 1500 rpm nets great highway numbers. Bumping the corvette is just as easy.

Some just don't get the driver mod. I've outrun a 800RWHP GT500 once at the track. 800+hp and stock tires and rubber meant smoking tires all the way to the 1/8 mark. I gues to them my stock GTO was faster even though he blew by me after the traps like I was sitting still. Driver mod FTL. I bet some knuckle dragger can get a 14.00 run out of a ZR1.
Great points all around but is the LS3 running a 14:1 AFR instead of 13:1 right now and wouldn't running richer probably hurts fuel economy? I have a hunch the LS3 is closer to 13:1 right now.

I think a LS3 is a cam swap away from a gas guzzler tax and GM will avoid that. I think the SRT8 is runing a pretty hot cam and that's why it's fuel economy numbers suck.

With the new emission laws, specifically carbon traps, I wouldn't expect to see a factory installed CAI (big open element air fliter) again. It one of the reasons why Roush and a lot of folks keep the restrictive factory air box with blowers.

Optional gears do not count towards CAFE numbers and that's why Ford is offering 3.31s standard with optional 3.55 or 3.73s. You won't see different fuel economy numbers on the window sticker with optional gears.

You might be right but all I can see GM doing is a gear option for 2011. The 2011 Camaro's specs should be locked in a month or two and hopefully that will kill all of the speculation.
Old 4/5/10 | 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
Well the Camaro5 guys are really gonna be pissed when they read the Motortrend 3 Way comparison. Mustang wins ALL performance categories.

Almost all of the performance ones. Dodge did place first when it came to braking (the Challenger stopped slowest but did so most consistently without fade) and grip(which isnt surprising).
Old 4/5/10 | 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Nice compare, and it seem pretty spot on. I always like the Challenger, and I went to see one when they first dropped. Unfortunately it was when they wanted 73k for one........So heh, needless to say it stayed on the lot. When I sat in one though I was like WHOA.......it felt sooooo good...big, roomy, but still like a sports car. And the v8 rumblings do sound good.

I can only imagine whats being said on Cam5 about now...it will probably be stuff like.."Well it has a track pack!" or "The camaro would rape it if it had the same gears...." or "The Camaro is heavier because it safer!" (With a 4 star rating??!?) Ahhh lol..the excuses. The 2011 will be a great performer. It is already summing up to be so. Now lets see what a power adder can bring.......and 12.7@111 ...... 0~100 at 10.2.....yeah hmmm I think that whole Mustang is underpowered at higher speeds have been put to rest.

Last edited by Ninjak; 4/5/10 at 09:52 AM.
Old 4/5/10 | 09:52 AM
FR500 Member

Congrats on the purchase. The Challenger is one sweet looking car. I happen to live across the street from a Dodge/Chrysler dealership, so I get to see them all the time.
Old 4/5/10 | 10:17 AM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by 1trickpony
With the new emission laws, specifically carbon traps, I wouldn't expect to see a factory installed CAI (big open element air fliter) again.
GT500 doesn't have any emissions problems with the open CAI and will continue to have one.
Old 4/5/10 | 10:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very beautiful car. That is the color I'd get if I'd buy a Challenger. My wife and I have owned three Chrysler/Dodge products in the last 15 years and if Ford had made a mistake with the S197 Mustang in 2005 like they did with the Mustang II in 1974, I'm sure I'd own a Challenger today. Welcome.

Dark Titanium..kind of a dark metallic gray, more brown than Sterling Grey.

Old 4/5/10 | 11:23 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and compliments.

Far, far better reception here than on Camaro5. It's refreshing to be amongst adults that can have an adult conversation as opposed to childish bullcrap.
Old 4/5/10 | 11:47 AM
Post *****

Thank you all for the warm welcomes and compliments.

Far, far better reception here than on Camaro5. It's refreshing to be amongst adults that can have an adult conversation as opposed to childish bullcrap.
That is a nice color! Dodge has some unique shades. I remember seeing one over at Brookings about a year ago that wasn't a maroon, but more like a crimson. Definitely turned my head!

Welcome aboard! Nice to see someone else from the State of Jefferson.
Old 4/5/10 | 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That is a nice color! Dodge has some unique shades. I remember seeing one over at Brookings about a year ago that wasn't a maroon, but more like a crimson. Definitely turned my head!

Welcome aboard! Nice to see someone else from the State of Jefferson.
Yeah, Dodge has two different shades of red. TorRed which is more of a fire engine red and Inferno Red which is a deeper crimson.

I havent taken my Challenger over to the coast yet, I may this summer. Maybe a coast photo shoot with your Bullitt and my Challenger would be in order...

The only thing I'm not happy about here right now is the freaking weather! Come on!! It's April 5th and SNOWING.
Old 4/5/10 | 12:01 PM
Post *****

Yeah, Dodge has two different shades of red. TorRed which is more of a fire engine red and Inferno Red which is a deeper crimson.

I havent taken my Challenger over to the coast yet, I may this summer. Maybe a coast photo shoot with your Bullitt and my Challenger would be in order...

The only thing I'm not happy about here right now is the freaking weather! Come on!! It's April 5th and SNOWING.
That'd be great! Smith River canyon is a thrill drive!

Old 4/5/10 | 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That'd be great! Smith River canyon is a thrill drive!

Yes..it really is!! I last took that drive in my 08 Avenger R/T and frankly..I didnt care about being IN Brookings, I wanted to just drive to and from endlessly. What was even more "thrilling" was letting my ex girlfriend Rebekah take the drive on the way back. Apparently an Avenger R/T handles a bit better, and faster, in those corners than a 1998 Volvo S70!

IMO that'd be a fun test for MT to do..go from Medford to Brookings in the three cars. Lets see how well the Camaro and Challenger does when you throw the Smith River run at them! (Not for the weak of heart or backbone)

Last edited by 541MoparMan; 4/5/10 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Camaro 5 guys are now conspiracy nuts