2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Camaro 5 guys are now conspiracy nuts

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/10 | 10:24 PM
Post *****

I saw a metallic lime green one Friday with temp plates. Do they make them in green? Kind of looked like electric green.
Old 4/3/10 | 10:54 PM
V6 Member

There is one of those nasty green ones at a dealership in Huntington Beach, CA right now. Sickly looking turd.
Old 4/3/10 | 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just spent the last 4 hours reading all the posts on C5! Some of those guys won't give any credit will they? Some are not bad at all though.
My favorite comments were:"Its staged!" and "they are still ugly".
Old 4/4/10 | 02:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
What I don't understand is they keep talking about big changes for the 2011 Camaro.
The car just came out last year. What big changes can GM afford?
It doesn't cost much more if any to change cam profiles, switch gears already on hands, tune computers or just source them out to SLP like they did with the SS's of the 4th gens. Costs the same in manufacturing to build a .425 lift cam as it does a .625. What it costs them they make it up through us. Besides they've still got plenty of the gubment money left and have made a couple billion dollar payments already.

Originally Posted by hi5.0
It's like the GTO all over again after the debut of the 2005 Mustang GT. Oops! Thinking gears and ECU tweaking, tops.
^

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I saw a metallic lime green one Friday with temp plates. Do they make them in green? Kind of looked like electric green.
Synergy Green new color that came out. Dropped Aqua Blue Metallic for it.

Last edited by Slims00ls1z28; 4/4/10 at 02:40 AM.
Old 4/4/10 | 03:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

All I can see GM doing with the 2011 Camaro is an option gear ratio like 3.73s. Cam changes and retunes affect fuel economy, emissions, and warranties. I don't think GM has the time or money for this in 2011. Plus they'd need to bump up the Corvette to keep it on top. The Vette has always led on HP so to find 10 HP on the Camaro you's need to find 20 HP for the Vette. Maybe in 2012 or after the new line of GM V8s come out GM will find some extra HP.
Old 4/4/10 | 03:25 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Slims00ls1z28
Besides they've still got plenty of the gubment money left and have made a couple billion dollar payments already.
Not to mention they've got Ed Whitacre at the helm now. His years of dealing with the FCC & getting approvals from Commerce & Justice Depts. as he recobbled ATT back together (running SBC, he acquired Ameritech, Nevada Bell, Pacific Bell, Bell South and then Ma Bell itself and renamed all of it ATT), gives him great experience with dealing with his partner the Government. If anyone can turn GM around and payoff the taxpayer, he's the jockey I'd bet on.
Old 4/4/10 | 06:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If they were on Mustang Brembos, which of course they're not, we'd go ape**** over it. Instead of searching for excuses or trying to ignore it like some other car enthusiasts do.
They have an excuse for everything, even the weight thing, they said the camaro is so heavy because it's much safer and the mustang is not up to code, meanwhile they got a 4 star front crash rating. (but they will ignore that)
Old 4/4/10 | 06:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

yep that's the Synergy Green . . . but they didn't actually drop ABM for it, they discontinued ABM a while back and the Synergy Green is only available on the V6 special edition, ABM was available on the SS also . . . I actually think it's pretty sharp though I wouldn't want one in my driveway

as an impartial observer (I like and am considering both cars) I have to say that both camps are right and wrong about the styling -- the camaro is more "striking" and more of a head turner; but the Mustang is more classic and practical since you can actually see out of it . . . I wouldn't say either of them are ugly by any stretch . . . hey, it's all good . . .

Last edited by Bert; 4/4/10 at 06:18 AM. Reason: more
Old 4/4/10 | 07:58 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tbi0904
From what I can tell it's a fanboy forum. I do love how the GT500 is only 1 tenth faster than an SS. I don't even know where they're getting that from. Hint, hint Camaro5, it's an 11 second car, it would rape an SS. That's a fact. Oh yeah, the 2011 model weighs less too.
Most of the published GT500 times are in the 12's, not even counting "real world" encounters where times are all over the map. Camaro guys also like to talk about 07-10 GT's incapable of anything but high 13's and low 14's (and the ambiguity there in, what consitutes high 13's??? IMO 13.70 - 13.99 is high to me, 13.69 - 13.40 would be mid, and 13.39 and below semes like a respectably low 13 second car, but YMMV)

There's got to be better Camaro forums than that. That one seems way too childish to be taken seriously. I guess it's good for laughs.
CamaroZ/28.com is orders of magnitude better, especially the automotive news forum. I've only run into a coupla hardcore nutswingers over there. One guy from Canada in particular who cannot find fault in the new Camaro at all (and I mean at all), but nothing compared to the Cam5 guys.

The post over at Camaro5 that sticks out the most in my head was the D-bag who basically implied that Mustangers are nothing but hooligans. It said they would be scared to park thier new Camaro next to any Mustangs since they would scratch it up.

Last edited by bob; 4/4/10 at 08:00 AM.
Old 4/4/10 | 08:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I read the entire 80 pages (at that time) last night. Seems like a handful of folks that just really have nothing at all good to say about the Ford... and keep saying it over and over.

I still can't get over why so many folks are hatin' on the rear end of the Mustang. Especially next to the Camaro. I can appreciate the side profile, but the I don't like the front or rear at all. And that's from a first time Mustang owner with no bias... and a girly V6, so no dog in the fight.

I was driving pickups until 2008 when I got the Fusion, and wasn't paying particular attention to cars... but I can't believe I never noticed the last generation MonteCarlo SS. I would SO be buying that car today... and still might look for a used one. Don't know anything about it other than I've never seen another American built car that makes me wanna just go stare at it like I do that one.
Old 4/4/10 | 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I find the styling of the Camaro polarizing, just like the Ford Flex. You either love it or hate it. For me, the look has grown on me. Its not as attrocious as I originally thought, but still cartoonish from certain angles and especially with that Super Bright Green, which seems to annunciate the overblown size and the "Look At Me, I'm Insecure, Have Poor Self-Esteem And Need Your Attention!" styling.
Of course, I would love to have the Grabber Blue 5.0
I will probably end up getting the Sterling Gray or a Steel Blue if they come out with it instead. I prefer the sleeper look most of the time over the "Look at me" colors.
Old 4/4/10 | 08:32 AM
GT Member

"Regardless if you like it or not, it is a very striking design and it turns heads. I know I always check them out when I see them on the road." Yes, just like the circus fat lady or a dog running on two legs, people always check them out. It is a strange design put together by a committee with an odd sense of humor that couldn't agree on the joke's punch line.

Last edited by PaulVincent; 4/4/10 at 08:39 AM.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:00 AM
Post *****

Thanks Slim. I was wondering if it was new or someone spent some major coin to repaint a new car that was stock otherwise.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I can not wait to get my 5.0. Had some Camaro goof toying with me in my 08 GT on the road today. Then a new Vette comes up from the other side and gets into it. I hope i see these jerks again in a couple months.
Old 4/4/10 | 11:16 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
The Camaro forum people seem a lot more angry than Mustang folks in general
that's because they're stuck with a POS clown car

friends dont let friends drive GM

Last edited by shooterm1; 4/4/10 at 11:24 AM.
Old 4/4/10 | 03:34 PM
GT Member

[QUOTE=bob;5840620]Most of the published GT500 times are in the 12's, not even counting "real world" encounters where times are all over the map. Camaro guys also like to talk about 07-10 GT's incapable of anything but high 13's and low 14's (and the ambiguity there in, what consitutes high 13's??? IMO 13.70 - 13.99 is high to me, 13.69 - 13.40 would be mid, and 13.39 and below semes like a respectably low 13 second car, but YMMV)

I agree, but in the hands of someone who knows how to drive, and a good set of slicks, it's an 11 second car. Btw, 13 and 14 seconds is usually all the Camaro gets at the track too. I did see a '10 GT run mid 12's at Cecil County last summer. Just a few bolt on's. Driver mod is critical.

****, I forgot the point I was trying to make. Yep, it's what's for dinner.
Old 4/4/10 | 07:50 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

I agree, but in the hands of someone who knows how to drive, and a good set of slicks, it's an 11 second car. Btw, 13 and 14 seconds is usually all the Camaro gets at the track too. I did see a '10 GT run mid 12's at Cecil County last summer. Just a few bolt on's. Driver mod is critical.

****, I forgot the point I was trying to make. Yep, it's what's for dinner.
This is true, but usually quoting an 11 second GT500 begins with "Evan Smith ran a" which is akin to "Ranger ran a 10.99 with DRs on his Z06". The 07-09 cars will probably get some more respect once 2010 and 2011 GT500's (possibly, hopefully) drive the price down into the realm of affordability and people start modding/driving the hell out of them on a regular basis.

Last edited by bob; 4/4/10 at 07:51 PM.
Old 4/4/10 | 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fdjizm
They have an excuse for everything, even the weight thing, they said the camaro is so heavy because it's much safer and the mustang is not up to code, meanwhile they got a 4 star front crash rating. (but they will ignore that)
I'm one of the Challenger owners from Camaro5..and frankly I cant agree more with this post. Being a Mopar fan I have already selected my car. That being said, behind Mopar my loyalty lies with Ford.

The die hards over at Camaro5 really are nutswingers. My opinion is doubly pointless because not only did I dare to state that the Mustang has won the 2011 round of the muscle car wars..but I also drive a Challenger which makes it basically worthless in their view.

Their retarded parroting of excuses is rather pathetic. They're "Its heavier because its safer" and "We have the better looking cars" is the same lines the die hard Challenger folks vomit out. I personally let my car speak for me.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:32 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 541MoparMan
I'm one of the Challenger owners from Camaro5..and frankly I cant agree more with this post. Being a Mopar fan I have already selected my car. That being said, behind Mopar my loyalty lies with Ford.

The die hards over at Camaro5 really are nutswingers. My opinion is doubly pointless because not only did I dare to state that the Mustang has won the 2011 round of the muscle car wars..but I also drive a Challenger which makes it basically worthless in their view.

Their retarded parroting of excuses is rather pathetic. They're "Its heavier because its safer" and "We have the better looking cars" is the same lines the die hard Challenger folks vomit out. I personally let my car speak for me.
You got nothing to be ashamed about, the Challenger is a beautiful car, best looking of the three.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:41 PM

You got nothing to be ashamed about, the Challenger is a beautiful car, best looking of the three.
Thank you!

The Mustang is a beautiful, classic, and lets face it..ICON car of the muscle car era. I am sure if I didnt have a Challenger, I'd be signing papers for a 2011 GT today!

Quick Reply: Camaro 5 guys are now conspiracy nuts