Buying a 2011 GT - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
2010-2014 Mustang News on the Previous Generation Mustang

Buying a 2011 GT

Old 7/21/18, 06:54 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
madman6781's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 21, 2018
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Buying a 2011 GT

Hello i'm thinking of buying a 2011 Mustang gt, It has 150,000 miles has all the packages including glass roof is 150k too many miles? they want $12,000 for it.
madman6781 is offline  
Old 7/21/18, 07:15 PM
  #2  
GTR Member
 
m05fastbackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: Carnegie, PA
Posts: 6,176
Thanked 224 Times in 214 Posts
For 150k miles? No way is that car worth $12,000. My 2006 GT which has just 24,600 miles and in excellent condition is worth no more than $14,105 according to Kelly Blue Book. That being said, I wouldn't offer more than 7-8k for that 2011 GT you're interested in
m05fastbackGT is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to m05fastbackGT For This Useful Post:
madman6781 (7/21/18)
Old 7/21/18, 07:22 PM
  #3  
Member
Thread Starter
 
madman6781's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 21, 2018
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Okay thanks, i'm gonna try to talk them down on the price. Plus the car was involved in a accident, only good thing is its only had one owner.
madman6781 is offline  
Old 7/21/18, 07:33 PM
  #4  
GTR Member
 
m05fastbackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: Carnegie, PA
Posts: 6,176
Thanked 224 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by madman6781 View Post
Okay thanks, i'm gonna try to talk them down on the price. Plus the car was involved in a accident, only good thing is its only had one owner.
If the car was involved in an accident? then I wouldn't offer more than 5k which is considered being generous on my part lol.
m05fastbackGT is offline  
Old 7/21/18, 07:35 PM
  #5  
Member
Thread Starter
 
madman6781's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 21, 2018
Location: Long island, NY
Posts: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT View Post
If the car was involved in an accident? then I wouldn't offer more than 5k which is considered being generous on my part lol.
Yea i agree, it's just so hard to find a 2011-2014 Mustang gt in New York that's not over priced.
madman6781 is offline  
Old 7/21/18, 08:37 PM
  #6  
GTR Member
 
m05fastbackGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 11, 2006
Location: Carnegie, PA
Posts: 6,176
Thanked 224 Times in 214 Posts
I understand where you're coming from, however, when it concerns a car being in a wreck, that just brings the valve down even further despite how minimal the damages may have been. For myself personally, there would always be that doubt if there were more damages done to the car that was reported by either the previous owner or by Carfax. Also, keep in mind that if an insurance claim was not filed? there is no record on file from Carfax regarding the vehicle's past history. Anyhow, just saying
m05fastbackGT is offline  
Old 7/22/18, 01:30 AM
  #7  
Mustang Fanatic
 
Mustang Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: March 6, 2012
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 6,519
Thanks: 0
Thanked 314 Times in 284 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I understand where you're coming from, however, when it concerns a car being in a wreck, that just brings the valve down even further despite how minimal the damages may have been. For myself personally, there would always be that doubt if there were more damages done to the car that was reported by either the previous owner or by Carfax. Also, keep in mind that if an insurance claim was not filed? there is no record on file from Carfax regarding the vehicle's past history. Anyhow, just saying
Be careful of the impulse buy here. My spider sense would be saying walk away from this car.
Mustang Freak is offline  
Old 7/22/18, 11:19 AM
  #8  
Cobra R Member
 
wanted33's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 26, 2012
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 1,981
Thanked 143 Times in 128 Posts
Originally Posted by madman6781 View Post
Yea i agree, it's just so hard to find a 2011-2014 Mustang gt in New York that's not over priced.

I agree it's getting harder to find good ones in the southeast also. And the ones that are in fairly good shape is selling for 10%-15% over KBB. But, they are out there if one is patient. With the one you're looking at being wrecked I would be hesitant unless you can find out exactly how bad the damage was. If it was a minor fender bender the car may be fine. But, with the wreck and a 150K miles on the odo I just don't see the car being worth 12K. Be patient grasshopper, you can find another.
wanted33 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jake80
General Mustang Chat
8
2/16/13 09:33 AM
todd03blown
2010-2014 Mustang
23
4/6/10 09:05 AM
RedCandy5.0
2010-2014 Mustang
50
12/23/08 09:45 PM
It could be my first car
2005-2009 Mustang
48
8/6/04 01:42 AM
StangerX
1st and 2nd Generations
21
4/28/04 03:24 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buying a 2011 GT


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.