2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Bumped 2014

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/16, 06:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey, guys/gals, got the car back a week after the accident. As it turns out, they replaced the bumper, panel behind it, right side tail light, and a bunch of plastic pieces and some wiring harness, too. Car looks perfect.

Now the insurance b.s. Me and the other driver had the same insurance company so when they found that out, instead of committing to doing it correctly, they advised the body shop to fix the bumper, pull and straighten the panel, and buy a used tail light. The body shop already had authorization from higher ups to do it right and the car was already fixed and waiting for one more part, a tag light assembly. The insurance adjuster said okay since it was too late to not do the work and buy the parts. If I had taken it anywhere else, they would have repaired instead of replacing. I hate insurance companies.

And the reason I took so long to post back is the board here. Everything was messed up for a few days/weeks.
Old 4/5/16, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
Hey, guys/gals, got the car back a week after the accident. As it turns out, they replaced the bumper, panel behind it, right side tail light, and a bunch of plastic pieces and some wiring harness, too. Car looks perfect.

Now the insurance b.s. Me and the other driver had the same insurance company so when they found that out, instead of committing to doing it correctly, they advised the body shop to fix the bumper, pull and straighten the panel, and buy a used tail light. The body shop already had authorization from higher ups to do it right and the car was already fixed and waiting for one more part, a tag light assembly. The insurance adjuster said okay since it was too late to not do the work and buy the parts. If I had taken it anywhere else, they would have repaired instead of replacing. I hate insurance companies.

And the reason I took so long to post back is the board here. Everything was messed up for a few days/weeks.
Glad to hear you're happy with the repair and yes insurance companies are crooked and full of poo.
Old 4/5/16, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I also am going to look into adding OEM endorsement to my policy. Google it if you don't know what it is already.
Old 4/5/16, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I also am going to look into adding OEM endorsement to my policy. Google it if you don't know what it is already.
Yeah it is a shame that they try to push junkyard parts first. If/when your Mustang is no longer a daily driver, you might have better luck with some kind of collector car insurance. Glad it all worked out and your stang is back on the road!