2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 08:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
You suck! I hope your car takes 10 years to get to you.

I AM kidding. What you wrote makes perfect sense. It's hard for those of us who have been waiting so long to accept. And it further supports the notion that canceling a current order and reordering may get the car to us faster since there's "no known delivery date" for the cars on QC hold.

Maybe I do. But there is a good chance I have my car before you

Well I would probably consider a reorder a option myself. Not sure I would want a car that has already has a past and it doesnt even have 1 mile on it yet. But that is just my preference.

I am sure they will have all the problems sorted out soon though and waiting on your car will still probably be the fastest way to get one.

Good Luck.
Old 6/4/10, 09:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by shotzy
Maybe I do. But there is a good chance I have my car before you

Well I would probably consider a reorder a option myself. Not sure I would want a car that has already has a past and it doesnt even have 1 mile on it yet. But that is just my preference.

I am sure they will have all the problems sorted out soon though and waiting on your car will still probably be the fastest way to get one.

Good Luck.
I think you forgot:

Old 6/4/10, 09:09 AM

From an unreliable source

Back when I was ready to order.........1st of May, I contacted an insider at Ford to find out what the expected delivery time would be if I were to order. I did this because I had heard that all Mustangs were on 'hold'. After some checking, all that he could dig up was that there was in fact a hold at one time for an ABS sensor on the brakes, but that hold was now 'off'. If that truly were the case, then it should be something easy to fix by just shuttling the cars back in and replacing it on their repair line.

Don't take this as fact, it is just what I was able to dig up.
Old 6/4/10, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Racin Randy
Ordered 5/5/2010
Built 5/25/2010
Left Dearborn 6/1/2010 via Canadian Rail
Window Sticker is there as of 6/4/2010........not sure when it was actually added.
Update: Just called SVT and as of 6/4/2010 at 1:35 a.m., the car is now on Union Pacific and in Pine Bluff Arkansas. Still showed a 6/14/2010 into Dallas. Hopefully they will beat that time by a few days.
Maybe mine will be on that train to Dallas with yours.
Old 6/4/10, 12:13 PM

Hello With Info

Hello,

First post here. I'll throw my info into the ring:

2011 GT Premium/6 speed manual/Black with Saddle/3.73/Brembo Package/Spoiler Delete

VIN: 121948
Ordered: Late April, 2010
Built: 5/20/2010
Last Status from JonnyB (who I believe has been kidnapped): "Produced" and at AAI; ETA 5/31/2010

Called AAI yesterday and spoke to a somewhat helpful gentleman who told me that my car was on "quality hold." I asked him why some cars that were built at approximately the same time were shipping (or received) while some were on hold. He replied that only cars with certain configurations/options were being held, though he would not be more specific. He indicated that he thought the car would be released by mid-to-late next week and doubted that it would take until the oft-reported 6/20/2010.

That's all my news. Greetings to those here. I look forward to continuing to wait with you all.
Old 6/4/10, 12:20 PM

I just spoke with Ford CS...my Mustang is in transit by train with an ETA of June 15th.
Old 6/4/10, 12:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Zoso
I just spoke with Ford CS...my Mustang is in transit by train with an ETA of June 15th.
What was your build date?
Old 6/4/10, 12:31 PM

Order date was April 28th, build date was May 26th.
Old 6/4/10, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I got my car built 6/3 delivered today!!!!!!!

Ok not really I just couldnt help myself from messing with CD.
I wouldnt re-order this late in the game myself though.

On a good note I did make a purchase from AM today that should be in next week. I decided to go with the replica gt500 wheels in a 19" config (I like the skinny spokes compared to the larger OEM ones). I was looking at some deep dish wheels but they were just to old school for me and the Grabber Blue stang on AM under the 19" black gt500 wheels sold me! Is that someone on TMS any body know? It looks like it has 1.5" drop but mine will only be the 1 and 1 1/4 so it will sit a little higher but I think it will still look good. Also picked up a few other goodies. Now I only have a clear bra, window tint, program for my tuner and a CAI left to get....that should smooth me over for a year or so lol.....at least until I work some OT to get the wife off of me for having almost 40g tied up in a MUSTANG!

Last edited by GRABOID; 6/4/10 at 12:37 PM.
Old 6/4/10, 12:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GRABOID

On a good note I did make a purchase from AM today that should be in next week. I decided to go with the replica gt500 wheels in a 19" config (I like the skinny spokes compared to the larger OEM ones). I was looking at some deep dish wheels but they were just to old school for me and the Grabber Blue stang on AM under the 19" black gt500 wheels sold me! Is that someone on TMS any body know? It looks like it has 1.5" drop but mine will only be the 1 and 1 1/4 so it will sit a little higher but I think it will still look good. Also picked up a few other goodies. Now I only have a clear bra, window tint, program for my tuner and a CAI left to get....that should smooth me over for a year or so lol.....at least until I work some OT to get the wife off of me for having almost 40g tied up in a MUSTANG!
That's their company car.
Old 6/4/10, 01:16 PM
Cobra R Member

I got my car built 6/3 delivered today!!!!!!!

Ok not really I just couldnt help myself from messing with CD.
I wouldnt re-order this late in the game myself though.

My blood pressure only went up 10 points as I read the first line, Barry. Nothing like the 30 it seems to go up when I talk to the dealer. Nice try though.
Old 6/4/10, 01:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
My blood pressure only went up 10 points as I read the first line, Barry. Nothing like the 30 it seems to go up when I talk to the dealer. Nice try though.

Hey I wondered if I was in a pickle this morning with out the third vehicle lol. I pulled out of the drive way this morning and heard a funny noise....pulled around the block and the ol muffler dropped out of the my back up car lol. Had to wake up the block driving back to the house so I could Jack it up to pull it out . Not only that the replacement was a bill fifty at Auto Zone.....I almost left the open pipe . 95 accord sounded pretty ricer running 80 on I-30 this morning Guess it happens after a quarter million miles but I cant complain much since my wife bought that car for 4g with 110000 on it and I have put less than 2g more in tires, belts, oil..........everything since then. So under 6g for 140000 miles doesnt hurt my feelings much!
Old 6/4/10, 02:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey I wondered if I was in a pickle this morning with out the third vehicle lol. I pulled out of the drive way this morning and heard a funny noise....pulled around the block and the ol muffler dropped out of the my back up car lol. Had to wake up the block driving back to the house so I could Jack it up to pull it out . Not only that the replacement was a bill fifty at Auto Zone.....I almost left the open pipe . 95 accord sounded pretty ricer running 80 on I-30 this morning Guess it happens after a quarter million miles but I cant complain much since my wife bought that car for 4g with 110000 on it and I have put less than 2g more in tires, belts, oil..........everything since then. So under 6g for 140000 miles doesnt hurt my feelings much!
This EXACT thing happened to me on my 118k civic last weekend. It sounded so ricer I laughed as I reved it at the stop light next to a mini van on my way to the shop.
Old 6/4/10, 06:26 PM
GT Member

Just got my window sticker today!

Question, does the date on the bottom of the sticker represent the build date??
Old 6/4/10, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon

Our car's must be fairly close. My ETA is week of July 4. VIN 133771

Last edited by MattR; 6/4/10 at 06:43 PM.
Old 6/4/10, 06:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon

Look at the top left of the sticker. There is a large number (dark) with "blend" under it. To the left is a number, remove the first diget and that is your build date such as today would be 120100604.
Old 6/4/10, 07:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MattR
Our car's must be fairly close. My ETA is week of July 4. VIN 133771
Yup I believe our cars are very close. Looks like my build date was changed to June 9th instead of the 7th. My VIN is 131408.

Look at the top left of the sticker. There is a large number (dark) with "blend" under it. To the left is a number, remove the first diget and that is your build date such as today would be 120100604.
Thanks!!
Old 6/4/10, 07:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Hmmm. I'm 127183 and still no window sticker. Anyone have an opinion on whats up?
Old 6/4/10, 07:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by GJM20115.0
Hmmm. I'm 127183 and still no window sticker. Anyone have an opinion on whats up?
You might have a bad VIN. I have a validator for Mustang VINs... well...all VINs actually that I wrote. Plus my dealer gave me 16 digits to start. They should be 17.

Or, it's possible that your car isn't scheduled to be built for more than a week but at this point I would think it would be.
Old 6/4/10, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I talked with Jeff in Pa. (who I bought it from) the first of the week and he said it was "on the line?".

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence