Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/10, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIN: 129737, called dealer today. Build scheduled on June 7, no ETA yet.
Old 5/29/10, 09:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Update Jerry, update. Out of nowhere, my car got built and got an ETA of June the 14th. Things are rockin' . Got a confirmation from Ford customer service and Paul at Van Bortel Ford.
FFFFUUUU

What did your window sticker say for the build date? Mine said June 3. According to Jonny my car was sent to AAI for building but hasn't been built yet and has an ETA of....June 14.
Old 5/29/10, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Ok, I'll play.

Ordered Mar. 3, built Apr. 21

1st ETA May 12, 2nd May 26.

At ramp 5P since May 2. As of yesterday dealer says all Mustangs are on hold and car still hasn't moved.
Old 5/29/10, 08:35 PM
GT Member

FINALLY got my VIN today!

Ordered May 13th

Build scheduled for June 7th

ETA July 2nd
Old 5/29/10, 08:50 PM
GT Member

Oh and if it helps here is some info from my sales guy:

He told me the way they store those cars for shipment is really stupid...

Apparently the way it works is that the first cars built on a run are parked the furthest back from the front, making them the last to get loaded and shipped. The last cars built on a run are parked right up front and get sent out first thing. This could explain why we have so many people waiting forever while so many others are getting them in no time.

Also, he has not heard of any of these rumored Mustang holds for QC.

Hope that helps somewhat! I'm happy to be officially waiting with everyone else now haha.
Old 5/29/10, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jokerstars
FFFFUUUU

What did your window sticker say for the build date? Mine said June 3. According to Jonny my car was sent to AAI for building but hasn't been built yet and has an ETA of....June 14.
What does FFFFUUUU means. Did you call CS. I spoke with them on Friday. That's when i got the confirmation. You still have an ETA same as mine, so you should be good to go as well.
Old 5/29/10, 09:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

FFFFUUUU

Mine was for June 3 as well. They probably had a few employees and robots willing to do overtime to SPECIFICALLY build mine so i'd get it before going on vacation comes July.
Old 5/29/10, 10:03 PM
FR500 Member

edit

Last edited by PTRocks; 5/30/10 at 01:19 AM.
Old 5/30/10, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

What does FFFFUUUU means. Did you call CS. I spoke with them on Friday. That's when i got the confirmation. You still have an ETA same as mine, so you should be good to go as well.

I got an email from Jonny on May 27 telling me:

In Production Sent to Plant Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-26-2010 Jun-14-2010

He said that means it was sent to AAI but not built yet. ETA is June-14. Window sticker says build date of 3-June.

Maybe I should bug CS. Jonny's info seems pretty recent though.
Old 5/30/10, 07:39 AM
GT Member

Jonny sent me a pm showing where Ford had moved my eta from 12 Jun to 30 May. 13 days early. That's tomorrow. Do I sound very excited? Why shouldn't I be you ask? Because I know my car won't be here I say. Maybe one day it will. Then...........I'll be crazy with excitement! Until then........I'm waiting patiently.
Old 5/30/10, 09:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

I got an email from Jonny on May 27 telling me:

In Production Sent to Plant Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-26-2010 Jun-14-2010

He said that means it was sent to AAI but not built yet. ETA is June-14. Window sticker says build date of 3-June.

Maybe I should bug CS. Jonny's info seems pretty recent though.
I got the same info from Johny as well, but when i spoke to Ford CS, they affirmatively told me that it was built. I asked twice if she was sure, since i got a build date of June 3. Again, according to their codes in the system, she told me that it was built. Now, i'm just taking this with agrain of salt. Might be accurate, might not be. When Paul gets the car, i'll believe it.
Old 5/30/10, 10:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by oldmanminivan
Hope this helps someone else with a similar build/ close VIN #.
I hope my car made it on that choo choo train vin#119526 build-5/14/2010
I'm getting a good vibe and will check my dealer on Tuesday for update.
Old 5/30/10, 01:06 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by IT_Guru
All the Magnaflow exhausts are available for pre-order now. Some are even shipping, my muffler deletes are on their way, be here next Wednesday. Head over to Stangnet.com for some real good pricing.
Originally Posted by GRABOID
I dont figure the spring rate changed much if any. The weight of the motors is real close. Yep they made the Magnaflows because I checked as soon as I got it to make sure lol. O and you can get them for under 700 easy for cat backs...or even under 600 if you come across like I did. Still high considering my cousin just spent about the same on a hole system for his Challenger rebuild.....SUPER NICE ground up job!
I have an account w/ Magnaflow... nothing beats 50% off WD, except for free ...I rather pay for Borla.

Old 5/30/10, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Kahdir
I have an account w/ Magnaflow... nothing beats 50% off WD, except for free ...I rather pay for Borla.

I just e-mailed Borla asking them when they think they'll have a clip sound and vid of the new 5.0.
Old 5/30/10, 04:31 PM
Cobra R Member

I just e-mailed Borla asking them when they think they'll have a clip sound and vid of the new 5.0.
I'll check w/ Don on Tuesday... I was hoping a forum member would have been able to drop their car off to get a free kit... oh well
Old 5/30/10, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir

Just something about the Borlas that caught my ear wrong. Dont really know what it was but hey everyone hears something different. Sorry but what is WD? I got them under 600 so it didnt hurt my feelings much

Hey someone post the link to the window stickers in this thread...I keep deleting it or something and it should be in this thread also.
Old 5/30/10, 05:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Just something about the Borlas that caught my ear wrong. Dont really know what it was but hey everyone hears something different. Sorry but what is WD? I got them under 600 so it didnt hurt my feelings much

Hey someone post the link to the window stickers in this thread...I keep deleting it or something and it should be in this thread also.
WD= wholesale distributor (pricing)

Window Sticker link #1
Window Stick link #2

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/30/10 at 05:03 PM.
Old 5/30/10, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Found the link on another forum but thanks for putting it in here. I have a window sticker now......OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT front license plate bracket! I swear if they send a dang car with holes in the front bumper my dealership is going to be getting another cover! Arkansas does not require front plates I wonder what that is all about? Did the dealership request that or something? O well their loss lol. Any way where do i find the build date? I see Flat Rock and 5/26/10 toward the bottom...and on the very bottom todays date 5/30/10

EDIT: Nevermind looked around and figured out how to find the build date. Mine is 6/3 for updates. I will try to get the dealer to see if they can change the front license bracket...I hope so I hate those holes lol.

Last edited by GRABOID; 5/30/10 at 06:27 PM.
Old 6/1/10, 07:32 AM

I got a call from a special customer service agent tues 5/25 saying my car was delayed
again until 6/20. Went on vacation wed, checked my messages and the car showed up
at the dealer. So tues I got all pissed off for no reason. Bottom line: the customer service
people dont know what is going on. I will go inspect my car that was built 4/13 tonight and
pick it up if all is well. All these delays has somewhat soured my excitement....I assume
that will change as soon as I lower the top and fire it up.
Old 6/1/10, 07:39 AM
FR500 Member

Found the link on another forum but thanks for putting it in here. I have a window sticker now......OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT front license plate bracket! I swear if they send a dang car with holes in the front bumper my dealership is going to be getting another cover! Arkansas does not require front plates I wonder what that is all about? Did the dealership request that or something? O well their loss lol. Any way where do i find the build date? I see Flat Rock and 5/26/10 toward the bottom...and on the very bottom todays date 5/30/10

EDIT: Nevermind looked around and figured out how to find the build date. Mine is 6/3 for updates. I will try to get the dealer to see if they can change the front license bracket...I hope so I hate those holes lol.
As far as I can tell, the bracket arrives in the trunk for dealer install, so you just need to make sure they don't do it as part of the dealer prep.

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence