2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Brick Red Leather Interior & Security Package

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/10, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coffeejolts
I don't mind at all. I purchased mine from Percy Stepp at Mall of Georgia Ford. I cannot recommend him and the dealership enough, especially if you are ordering. This guy knows how to do it right. I got my VIN two days after ordering, and he sent me status updates every week. Each update included a pdf copy of the data in Ford's vehicle visibility system along with a hand written note explaining everything in plain English.

On delivery day, he made sure the car was left untouched so that I could take pictures of it. Then he helped me carefully remove all of the shipping stuff (plastic wrap, foam, bar codes, etc) and package it up for preservation. He put one of those giant dealership posters for the 5.0 in the trunk for me, then took it down for prep.

While we were waiting for the car to be cleaned and checked, a repeat customer came in to buy a new car and asked for my salesperson. Most salespeople would have taken the customer and left me; after all, he'd already earned my commission. Percy went out to the customer, explained that he was with me right now, and asked if they minded waiting until my car came back from prep. THAT is customer service.

I'm going to be writing up a letter to Mark Fields and Alan Mullaly about my experience. It was that good.
Thank you for this recommendation. It is great news for me as my house is about 7 miles from MOG Ford and my new job will literally be a 5-10 minute walk away.
Old 6/19/10, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
Thanks for everyone's opinions and advice. I just placed my order. Black 2011 Mustang GT premium, 6 speed manual, 401A with brick red leather, 3:73 gears, brembo package, electronics package, security package, comfort package and spoiler delete with dealer ordered and installed pedestal spoiler.
Good luck man! Sounds like you got it loaded. Sounds about like mine!
Old 6/20/10, 03:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 1969 Boss429
That is fantastic service. I am about to order through Chestate in Dahlonega. Of all the local dealers that I have talked to he has been the only one that has been truly knowledgeable about the car. The salesperson has owned 6 mustangs and genuinely seems interested in helping me whether I purchase it from him or not. Very similar to the dealers on this forum that have been so helpful to all. He has answered all of my questions very quickly and has given me the best price at $250 over invoice.
My weigh-in is that you aren't always going to be able to leave your car in the garage - you'll park it when you go out at night and other situations. Frankly I've not seen many Mustangs without the active security system. I live in a low crime area, keep my GT in the garage, and work in a limited access area that is patrolled by armed guards, so I figured I didn't need the security system. But I got a convertible, so I like the added protection.

If you like the brick red interior then by all means I htink you should get it. Best of luck to you, and definitely share pics of it when you get it!