Search this Thread

Old 2/26/14, 04:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Sounds great. Keep the vids coming!
Old 2/26/14, 05:17 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sounds great. Where did you get it done? I didn't realize the stock exhaust had that flat spot.
Old 2/26/14, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys!! Yea I will upload another video sometime tomorrow or Friday and hopefully better quality ones when my wife gets back from Germany with our good camera.

Originally Posted by maverick1125
That sounds great. Where did you get it done? I didn't realize the stock exhaust had that flat spot.
I got it done at Big Giant Muffler here in Moore. I couldn't believe how flat and how much was flat.
Old 2/26/14, 06:41 PM
GT Member

Thanks, that's just a few miles from my house on 12th street
Old 2/26/14, 06:45 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Woud they be willing to fab up another h-pipe like that ine and ship it out to south texas?

And i really wish borlas werent so expensive /:
But hey you get what you oay for and im not gonna settle for half-*** junk on my car.
Old 2/26/14, 07:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Woud they be willing to fab up another h-pipe like that ine and ship it out to south texas?

And i really wish borlas werent so expensive /:
But hey you get what you oay for and im not gonna settle for half-*** junk on my car.
I might have to get with him on that as you aren't the first to ask and others have been charging ridiculous amounts to get it done. lol
Old 2/26/14, 08:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I thought the wrong vid was loaded as well. Sounds like a V8. Nice job! Borla S FTW
Old 2/26/14, 09:22 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I might have to get with him on that as you aren't the first to ask and others have been charging ridiculous amounts to get it done. lol
Tha ks i really appreciate it man! Lookin forward to those drive byʻs and full rpm range sounds
Old 2/27/14, 07:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Im still wondering why you kept the OEM 2.25in piping, and didnt step up to 2.5? Not trying to be a dick I really want to know. I ask because my '95 V6 benefited from opening up the pipes to 2.5; and I would imagine the 3.7 would benefit too.
Old 2/27/14, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
yeah! i was serious when I asked earlier lol. Although, I won't be buying immediately, I'd like to hear more info from you after time has passed. to make sure there's no issues that come with time. Also is there any risk of the pipe getting rust? since I imagine its not as high a quality pipe as those super expensive places. Is it better quality than stock at least?

I got a bunch of questions
Old 2/27/14, 11:56 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
yeah! i was serious when I asked earlier lol. Although, I won't be buying immediately, I'd like to hear more info from you after time has passed. to make sure there's no issues that come with time. Also is there any risk of the pipe getting rust? since I imagine its not as high a quality pipe as those super expensive places. Is it better quality than stock at least? I got a bunch of questions
Count me in on the info list as well!
Ive heard some nightmarish stories of exhaust pipes rusting through after even just a year
Old 2/27/14, 03:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
Im still wondering why you kept the OEM 2.25in piping, and didnt step up to 2.5? Not trying to be a dick I really want to know. I ask because my '95 V6 benefited from opening up the pipes to 2.5; and I would imagine the 3.7 would benefit too.
Matt I did want to keep the 2.5" pipe that I had on there from my Mags Street cat back but for one I would have to butcher the S-type mufflers to get them to work as they are made for the stock pipes and two I couldn't sell the Mag street mufflers without the pipes b/c they don't work with stock pipes if that makes sense. I really liked my Magnaflow street cat-back and would recommend it to anyone but I gave up the awesome sound and mid/upper hp gain. To try something else and to be honest I like them both about the same. The thing is they give different sounds so it depends on what your after. Mag streets have a deep rumble, Borla S-types have a little more high pitch rumble and are louder but both roar at WOT and have zero drone.

Originally Posted by roadrunner
yeah! i was serious when I asked earlier lol. Although, I won't be buying immediately, I'd like to hear more info from you after time has passed. to make sure there's no issues that come with time. Also is there any risk of the pipe getting rust? since I imagine its not as high a quality pipe as those super expensive places. Is it better quality than stock at least? I got a bunch of questions
Originally Posted by CCTking
Count me in on the info list as well! Ive heard some nightmarish stories of exhaust pipes rusting through after even just a year
I will talk to him early next week when I go to have the mufflers adjusted. I noticed the passenger side sticks out a little more than the drivers. To be honest though you would come out cheaper looking for a reputable exhaust shop around you to do it and just use my photo as a reference. You might be able to find a back woods guy who works for cheap! My guy is inbetween not cheap but not expensive neither and WAY less than buying something like the lethal or MRT H-pipe. I think it sounds better than if I had went with one of those too. Not to mention some are having problems with leaks. The piping he put in is the same as OEM so unless you've heard of the OEM piping causing problems then there won't be an issue. You could alway have them install stainless steel piping and be good to go if your worried about it. It will cost a little more tho.