2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Big Dilemma. Some help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 4/1/10, 05:05 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, the CS front air ****/lower grille combo will fit into the stock GT bumper?

And as to just needing to re-paint the GT upper grille, can't be, the CS has a billet looking grille doesn't it?

If the CS air dam/lower grille fits the stock GT bumper then you could concievably have 4 fog lights, right?

That would look wild at night to have all 6 lights burning, 4 fogs and the headlights...
Old 4/1/10, 05:11 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
So, the CS front air ****/lower grille combo will fit into the stock GT bumper?

And as to just needing to re-paint the GT upper grille, can't be, the CS has a billet looking grille doesn't it?

If the CS air dam/lower grille fits the stock GT bumper then you could concievably have 4 fog lights, right?

That would look wild at night to have all 6 lights burning, 4 fogs and the headlights...
About the lower air dam: No one knows for sure, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't be a direct fit onto a stock GT fascia.

About the upper grill: Yes its that simple. Repaint the black grill surrounds body color and add the silver billet grille here: http://www.partscheap.com/2010_V6_Mu...-10-v6-npc.htm Add the badge too if you want it

although i just saw that the scoops and pedestal spoiler only come primed, not painted. I'm bringing my estimate up to $1500 max for parts and paint. Labor I have no idea

Last edited by stangfoeva; 4/1/10 at 05:14 PM.
Old 4/1/10, 05:22 PM
GTR Member

Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole front bumper assembly is different for the CS, the cost would go up dramatically if that is the case.
Old 4/1/10, 05:28 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still say, don't forget about the inside! The seats are different, the dash is different, and there are inserts in the door panels.

Also, what about the decklid emblem, or the body-side stripes. What about the wheels?
Old 4/1/10, 05:31 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the whole front bumper assembly is different for the CS, the cost would go up dramatically if that is the case.
Yes you're right it would go up significantly. Just from eyballing it though I think its just a lower air dam and not an entire bumper. Look at it in all the grand am race cars. Of course I could be wrong....

Originally Posted by JCC07
I still say, don't forget about the inside! The seats are different, the dash is different, and there are inserts in the door panels.

Also, what about the decklid emblem, or the body-side stripes. What about the wheels?
Absolutely. If he's worried about the stripes, dash, seats, etc. he should get the GT/CS and add the brembo stuff later. Depends on what he wants....

Last edited by stangfoeva; 4/1/10 at 05:33 PM.
Old 4/1/10, 06:15 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by JCC07
The only issue seems to be whether you can live without the brick interior. I would say that the brick looks pretty sharp when new, but after a few years (especially after the car has been parked in the sun for awhile) it may looked stained and faded. You don't want people asking, "So why did you choose a pink interior for your Mustang?"
This reminds me of how I ended up with a pink Cadillac back in the '70s.
I had to repaint the whole car.

Last edited by karman; 4/1/10 at 06:17 PM.
Old 4/1/10, 06:34 PM

Do you guys know how much weight the Brembo's add over the stock breakes by any chance?
Old 4/1/10, 06:47 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Fugitive
Do you guys know how much weight the Brembo's add over the stock breakes by any chance?
Probably very little. The rotors are only a little larger, 13.2" to 14.0" and the calipers are probably lighter.
Old 4/1/10, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

man you guys sound like the current majority administration running the country, money is easy to spend modifying this and that when it's not yours

about the brembo pkg., 1 thing to think about is that you have to spend close to $1k to get Ford 19inch wheels plus that gives you the strut tower brace

the brembo pkg. gives you the widest tires on a 19inch wheel that they offer, the STB plus you also get the upgraded brakes, i just wish they had done the rears in 19x9.5/285/35/19

if you just get the standard 18s and want 19s you have to buy a STB also to equal the pkg., rims and tires alone are more than the whole factory brembo pkg.

sure you have choices galore but $$wise it can't be touched
if you don't like the brembo wheels that's another story
unfortunately, Ford didn't make optioning a la carte... whatta ya gonna do
Old 4/1/10, 07:33 PM

I thought the GT/CS came with the strut tower brace. Isn't that right?
Old 4/1/10, 10:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Never come to a Mustang forum and ask for opinions on what options to buy. It's like your wife asking if the new dress she bought makes her *** look big?
Old 4/2/10, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Never come to a Mustang forum and ask for opinions on what options to buy. It's like your wife asking if the new dress she bought makes her *** look big?
Old 4/2/10, 07:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by karman
This reminds me of how I ended up with a pink Cadillac back in the '70s.
I had to repaint the whole car.
I saw a late model white with PINK striping the other day. Pink striping really makes it noticeable. Not in a good way, IMO... but whoever did it probably doesn't care what I think.
Old 4/2/10, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Actually, it's more like asking someone else if you like the taste of steak better than you like the taste of a hamburger. But we're off topic now. Just take the factual information and form your own opinion.

Fact: Brembo brakes are not a necessity. (Assertion Brembo brakes are not a necessity for ~ 90% (?)of the people who buy a GT, especially in the '11 M.Y. Same applies to the Strut tower brace. These are for people who will track their car. Or live in an area with no law enforcement.

The CS package makes your car look different. Whether you like it better or not is up to you, and no one else. It's your money
Old 4/2/10, 07:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
That's not necessarily true. The STB can enhance day to day handling and performance. The Brembo Pkg enhances the look of the car too: bigger brakes look beefier, and I personally love the wheels.

OP, it's all about what you want more. You can't get Brick Red or Brembos on the CS. It's probably going to be a wash if you price out everything added later (either direction you go).

What I suggest is figure out WHAT exactly you like about the CS over the base car.

If it were my car and I liked the CS, but like Brick Red, I'd order a Race Red GT with all the options you want, and Brick Red interior. Then before delivery, have the CS front fascia installed. I like the standard 2011 GT rear fascia better, I don't like the tacked on scoops, the spoiler is hideous IMO, and I like the black grille surround. I would probably get the black Roush billet grille though.

That would be one nice car, Race Red/Brick Red, CS front, Brembo Pkg, and Roush black billet grille. Now would that satisfy you? I can't say. You could always add the spoiler and scoops if you like them. I prefer the 401A Brick Red interior to the CS interior too. Up to you man....
Old 4/2/10, 08:08 AM
GTR Member

I'd go with the Brembos/Brick red interior over the CS. As mentioned, you can get the parts through the dealer (I believe some of them are factory installed options in the accessory pkgs) and pick and choose what you want.

I'll be doing Brembo's for these reasons:

- 19x9 wheel: widest you can get on the GT. With the 3.73 gears and some sticky tires (PS2s or RE050/RE070s, they'll hook good)
- retuned ESC: if you're looking to have fun, take it to autoX or open track days, I'd get it. Otherwise you're fighting the car all day, and it's nice to have a safety net until you're comfortable and sure with the car.
-STB: its nice, but not a dealbraker for me.

Mind you this is a daily driven, weekend tracked car in MI, not a garage queen. The CS is too gaudy, and there are parts I like, but parts I don't. I'll pick up what I want from the dealer/online, and leave the rest for the others.
Old 4/2/10, 08:14 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by DontShoot
Other than the Brembo brakes themselves? Nope.

Dealbreaker for me on the Brembo package:
-Reviews saying you really don't need them. The '11 can be driven hard, and the stock brakes are fine. Remember, they upgraded the stock brake system.
-The Wheels - They're rather ugly, in my opinion. If I'm going to pay that much money for wheels, I want to pick them out myself.
Old 4/2/10, 12:45 PM
GT Member

I guess the last thing to consider is whether you want to own a "special edition" or not. It is nice to know that your Mustang is in a special group of its own. At the same time, I've never been too excited about the California Special because it is nothing more than a bunch of exterior crap that is not really backed up by any performance enhancements. The Bullitt would be more my speed, but I think Ford made a huge mistake by not improving the interior (Premier Trim would have been nice, or at least just the wrapped-and-stitched dash!!).

Personally, I'd hold tight and see if they announce a Mach 1 or a Boss. Traditionally, Ford has always combined the best of the exterior and performance options in a Mach.
Old 4/2/10, 02:42 PM

I think the scale is starting to tip towards the Brembo package with race red and brick interior. I guess i can start adding appearance items later on when I can hide some cash from the wife.