2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Bad day for the 5.0 :(

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/11 | 05:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Sorry man looks bad, glad you're OK, can I have your engine?
Old 6/16/11 | 07:24 AM

Looks awful. Hope you are ok. Good luck with the vehicle replacement.
Old 6/16/11 | 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Geeze! That's terrible. Glad that you're OK(or seems like it so far). I've been rear ended (thankfully no where near as bad as that) and it just breaks the heart seeing the car like that.
Old 6/16/11 | 07:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Sorry man looks bad, glad you're OK, can I have your engine?
convince them to total it and the engine is all yours engine should be perfect, low miles, 2 oil changes already etc haha
Old 6/16/11 | 07:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
The piece just left of the muffler in the picture is the uni-body frame rail. It has been ripped from the trunk pan and driven down. The back of it is still connected to the bumper support. With that much damage, I severely doubt they will fix it. They might put it on the frame machine and pull it out to see how well it retakes shape, but I really think it's a total.
this is exactly what I was thinking, but in order for it to be totaled it has to be at least like 25k in damage. Even frame damage wouldn't get that high
(again I don't want it after a frame repair, but fighting that would be fun...)
Old 6/16/11 | 08:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

I'm pretty sure that car is totaled. One of my relatives had a 2011 Mustang, most of the damage was concentrated to the left front fender, but it was enough to total the car because of the frame damage.
Old 6/16/11 | 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Freakazoid
this is exactly what I was thinking, but in order for it to be totaled it has to be at least like 25k in damage. Even frame damage wouldn't get that high
(again I don't want it after a frame repair, but fighting that would be fun...)
If they were to fix it, they would also have to pay you diminished value. That is because your repaired car is now worth less than it was before the accident. That could easily be a few thousand dollars, which goes into their evaluation. Good luck, and I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a new car.
Old 6/16/11 | 08:17 AM
Banned

If they were to fix it, they would also have to pay you diminished value. That is because your repaired car is now worth less than it was before the accident. That could easily be a few thousand dollars, which goes into their evaluation. Good luck, and I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a new car.
What? No. Haha
Old 6/16/11 | 08:18 AM
GT Member

yep I'm already prepping to fight the diminished value case as well. And that's why I want it to be totaled as well. If it's totaled off the bat, I won't have to fight that battle either. Totalling means a LOT less fighting to me.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!
Old 6/16/11 | 08:19 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What? No. Haha
They will certainly have to pay diminished value on a less than 5 month old car. I've already got a couple attorneys ready if needed to fight this one.
Old 6/16/11 | 08:19 AM
Banned

They will certainly have to pay diminished value on a less than 5 month old car. I've already got a couple attorneys ready if needed to fight this one.
Good luck
Old 6/16/11 | 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
What? No. Haha
Sorry, diminished value payments are determined by state law. In Georgia where I live, they are required to pay them.
Old 6/16/11 | 08:31 AM
GT Member

Sorry, diminished value payments are determined by state law. In Georgia where I live, they are required to pay them.
yea that's a much easier fight down there.

Up here it'll be a fight and something I really don't want to have to go through.
Old 6/16/11 | 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

convince them to total it and the engine is all yours engine should be perfect, low miles, 2 oil changes already etc haha
You would have to buy back the engine. By itself you would probably end up paying 5k.
Old 6/16/11 | 10:34 AM
V6 Member

Good Luck, I also think its totaled for most of the reasons stated, but being so new I don't know. But for your sake I sure hope so. I would also really get checked out if you haven't already, the 2nd and 3rd day you feel more of the effect of it. I was in an accident back in October and my 08' was totaled.
Old 6/16/11 | 11:49 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

I don't think you can buy back just parts of the car (engine, trans) but they should offer you the choice of buying back the whole car, which you can then part out.

When my 9 month old '05 was totaled, they said I could have the car back for $6K. If I had had the space and cash, I would've gone for it. As it was, they paid off my loan, and I had a couple grand on top of that, enough to buy a crappy truck to drive while waiting for my '07 order to be built and delivered. Then I made the money back from the truck afterwards.

Good luck, hope you get the outcome you are happiest with.
Old 6/16/11 | 09:04 PM
Bullitt Member

That totally blows! That hit looks pretty hard...You may be OK right now, but if you are sore or feeling some aches and pain down the road, make sure you get medically checked out. Good luck fighting the insurance people.
Old 6/17/11 | 09:59 AM
GT Member

update:
adjuster was interested in my intake...so I'm hoping for good things here!
Old 6/17/11 | 11:24 AM
GT Member

update:
adjuster was interested in my intake...so I'm hoping for good things here!
There's a silver lining to everything, good luck!
Old 6/17/11 | 12:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Leo93
There's a silver lining to everything, good luck!
ugh 17.5k in damage. Not totaling it. They're pushing it up to the managers though in an attempt to get it totaled.

Not feeling very good about this, already scheduled time with an attorney monday to get the diminished value claim started if it comes to that.

Quick Reply: Bad day for the 5.0 :(