Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Attempted Break In :(

Search this Thread

Old 1/10/13, 01:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attempted Break In :(

So I was looking on AM for some future mods right before I put down my IPad to get some sleep. As I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep I hear a alarm go off outside of the apt complex, at first I thought it was the neighbors, being that they always have alot of friends over and there alarms alarms have gone off accidentally in the past. But then I thought maybe I should get up and just go check it out, so after about 15 seconds I finally got out of bed and walked outside of my apt. That was when I noticed that the lights from my mustang were flashing, at first everything looked normal but when I walked over to the street, that was when I noticed the entire driver side window was broken. I was in disbelief because I never had anything like this happen to me. Luckily the alarm did sound and possibly spooked them from taking anything, but I m also glad that I never keep my wallet, money, or valuables in my car. Although it could have been worse, I couldnt help but think of all the what ifs, but I guess it was meant to play out this way. It turned out that they broke into 2 more cars within the same apt complex and did take some things from those other 2 vehicles. Now I have to try and get the window fixed asap, for now I stashed her away in a friend's garage. I m considering getting some protection, security cameras, and relocating, its a crazy world out there :/. Sorry just had to vent.
Old 1/10/13, 03:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Glad your alarm did it's job. I have the factory alarm and a clifford. Also got lojack just incase they tow it away.
Old 1/10/13, 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate to read posts like this; it sucks that drug crazed theives are out there, breaking into cars and homes to pawn for their next fix.

The only thing we can do is make it tough to break into a car. The good theives (is there such a thing?) can bypass any alarm system, so we can only make it harder, in hopes they move on to an easier target.

I too used to live in an apartment complex. I tried to park my truck right next to my apartment window, thinking it would keep a thief from breaking into it so close to the building. The day I got to re-locate home was one of my best days.

Short of keeping a half starved pit bull in the drivers seat (yes, cruelty to animals; I would not do that), I don't know what else you could do to get a good nights sleep without worrying about your ride.

Last edited by Bucko; 1/10/13 at 05:55 AM.
Old 1/10/13, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

What a pain the butt, I too suffered when living in apartment complexes and there doesn't seem to be a good way to prevent the thieves/vandals.
I am very thankful I have a nice warm garage for our cars.
Hope you get it taken care of soon without too much hassle.
Old 1/10/13, 10:58 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
There's a driver side glass still in the box on eBay that is very reasonable with no bids. 65 bucks. I'd try to score it.
Old 1/10/13, 07:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
There's a driver side glass still in the box on eBay that is very reasonable with no bids. 65 bucks. I'd try to score it.
Thanks for the info, i m about to look into that.

Yea it does and now the neighbors are telling me its happen in the past :S. I m thinking of getting a security camera since i m on the corner by the street and parking the vehicles up front.
Old 1/10/13, 07:55 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Be happy it was just glass, which is (relatively) easy to fix. Is this not covered by a glass policy? Glass coverage is so cheap theres no reason not to have it.
Old 1/10/13, 10:02 PM
Banned

Glad nobody did any other damage to your car.