2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Anyone sticking to 5W-50, Amsoil has you covered now.

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/15, 08:34 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by imeyers302
For some reason few topics stir up controversy like an oil debate.
IMO, it's because it is typically presented in the context that the same factory that engineered and built the engine, doesn't know **** about oil. That somehow there's a conspiracy to wreck the engine prematurely, or just a trick to meet CAFE. And only brand X knows anything about oil and proper viscosity. That the factory only has dumb****s making oil recommendations for particular usage.
Use what you want because of a neat ad, or a favorite color, or whatever moves your bowels; but to suggest you won't get 100k+, 200k+, out of an engine using factory recommendations for typical street/commercial usage, is strictly opinion and not engineered or experience based. Engineering/experience data talks and bull**** walks.
Ask me how I know and you'll get a list of engines from hundreds of thousands of commercial and personal miles actual experience. The owners manual recommendations have been proven by overwhelming successful experience.

Last edited by cdynaco; 2/23/15 at 08:36 PM.
Old 2/24/15, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
IMO, it's because it is typically presented in the context that the same factory that engineered and built the engine, doesn't know **** about oil. That somehow there's a conspiracy to wreck the engine prematurely, or just a trick to meet CAFE. And only brand X knows anything about oil and proper viscosity. That the factory only has dumb****s making oil recommendations for particular usage.
Use what you want because of a neat ad, or a favorite color, or whatever moves your bowels; but to suggest you won't get 100k+, 200k+, out of an engine using factory recommendations for typical street/commercial usage, is strictly opinion and not engineered or experience based. Engineering/experience data talks and bull**** walks.
Ask me how I know and you'll get a list of engines from hundreds of thousands of commercial and personal miles actual experience. The owners manual recommendations have been proven by overwhelming successful experience.

Do you drive your Bullitt on dirt roads ?
Old 2/24/15, 02:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
If you don't track race as in auto X then I would see no reason to use such a weight as 50. I personally use 5W30 weight but 20 weight will work just fine. The 20 weight is for U.S. CAFE regulations and fuel MPG.
The regulations in Europe are worse. Are you going to shut off your engine at every stoplight to help meet euro regulations? I think not.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 2/24/15 at 02:33 PM.
Old 2/24/15, 03:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CriticalmassGT

The regulations in Europe are worse. Are you going to shut off your engine at every stoplight to help meet euro regulations? I think not.
No sir, definitely not. Lol!
Old 2/24/15, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I will leave the discussion on oil brand(s) alone and just comment on the 5-30 weight for the EB. I also had a 2013 SHO with the 3.5 Twin Turbo. it required 5-30 also. I believe, as someone else pointed out, this is most Likely due to the turbo(s) on an EB engine.

I had been using Mobil 1 since 1979, including fours years in Germany with a 5.0. Never had problem. Since 2013, I have been using Motorcraft full syn oil. It worked very well in my SHO. Never used a drop of oil. I have an ESP and figure Ford cannot fight an engine problem for 100,000 miles as long as they service it and their oil is used. Only my .02.

It is all a matter of personal choice. All of the oil brands mentioned are very good, it is just up to the individual to go with one THEY like.
Old 2/24/15, 06:33 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I think if Amsoil were sold on a shelf at Walmart and OReillys and Advancdd etc they would still have brand loyalists as all brands do but they wouldn't have the Internet oil gestapo they have now. It's the marketing and distribution that causes the problems in my opinion. It's the twenty first century. Put on a shelf in a store or on Amazon next to the inferior oils and let market decide. Don't make it a club that you have to join to get better pricing and so forth. It's stupid. I have yet to use the oil but I know it's good oil. I will use it with peace of mind. I just don't like how I have to acquire it like I'm in a secret club and I sure as heck don't like having anonymous people on the interest preach to me about ****ing oil in such an abrasive manner. They bring out the loonies. To me they make a great oil look bad. If you have a problem with that then that's your problem. I don't give a **** what you think. It's the inherent. I don't know you from dick. So I'm profiling people who jump into forums and threads with no other history on the site and extol the virtue of Amsoil as suspicious and part of my overall disdain for a poor duct I am almost ashamed to use as a result. If Coke acted like ******** to sell their product either directly
Or indirectly through their members or pushers but I thought their product was great and tasty I'd still use it but be ashamed of the ******** selling it or at least pushing it in a grey and murky way.
Old 2/24/15, 06:35 PM
Post *****

I've explained myself
If you don't like it or have a problem with it then go jump off an Amsoil cliff for all I care
Old 2/24/15, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^I agree with your comments on the distribution. I recently joined the Amsoil cult *cough*preferred members club*cough* and they sent me a giant packet of information on how to become an amsoil dealer. How I could make all this money selling oil...yea ok. I just wanted to buy some good oil not get a sales pitch. That **** makes a good product look like a pyramid scheme or cult that some people call it here.

I ended up shipping back the 5w-20 Amsoil signature series because I found out it doesn't meet ford specs. Cost me $26 dollars to return a $64 product, awesome. Buyer beware, and get it on store shelves Amsoil!

I still think amsoil is a decent oil. Wouldn't use it if you are trying to retain the warranty tho.
Old 2/24/15, 08:24 PM
Post *****

FTR

I'm not illiterate I just have non pointy thumbs and in iPhone 5S
Old 2/24/15, 08:46 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
FTR I'm not illiterate I just have non pointy thumbs and in iPhone 5S
Otherwise known as sausage fingers! :-)
Old 2/24/15, 08:48 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Otherwise known as sausage fingers! :-)
They're not

Really they're not

It's just my thumbs seem to have flat spots at the tips that are larger than the little letters on this phone

Plus it's terrible at guessing what I'm trying to type

I admit I'm fat but actually my fingers are not
Old 2/24/15, 08:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by dave07
^I agree with your comments on the distribution. I recently joined the Amsoil cult *cough*preferred members club*cough* and they sent me a giant packet of information on how to become an amsoil dealer. How I could make all this money selling oil...yea ok. I just wanted to buy some good oil not get a sales pitch. That **** makes a good product look like a pyramid scheme or cult that some people call it here.

I ended up shipping back the 5w-20 Amsoil signature series because I found out it doesn't meet ford specs. Cost me $26 dollars to return a $64 product, awesome. Buyer beware, and get it on store shelves Amsoil!

I still think amsoil is a decent oil. Wouldn't use it if you are trying to retain the warranty tho.
Wow man. You know its only oil. Prymaid scheme, cult. Omg, funny ****. Love this site.
Old 2/24/15, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amway'soil?
Old 2/24/15, 09:48 PM
Post *****

Prymaid

Old 2/24/15, 10:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

Please, due tell how Amsoil is Pyramid Scheme. I would love to hear this. Please educate me. Amsoil is selling a product. A real product and the company offers opportunities to people who want to distribute the product.

So what's the problem? If people don't want to use Amsoil, don't freaking use it. Who cares?
Old 2/24/15, 11:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts

So what's the problem? If people don't want to use Amsoil, don't freaking use it. Who cares?
No problem. And I don't care. I just enjoy reading the fireworks from the Amsoil loyalists on the internet when you pick at them. I think its hilarious to see someone get so spun up defending a freakin' motor oil. Its a motor oil for goodness sake!

Only someone in a cult would get that defensive about such a simple thing.

I'm joining Sunshine Carpet Cleaners just for the hell of it.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 2/24/15 at 11:11 PM.
Old 2/24/15, 11:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

No problem. And I don't care. I just enjoy reading the fireworks from the Amsoil loyalists on the internet when you pick at them. I think its hilarious to see someone get so spun up defending a freakin' motor oil. Its a motor oil for goodness sake!

Only someone in a cult would get that defensive about such a simple thing.

I'm joining Sunshine Carpet Cleaners just for the hell of it.
Ha ha ha. Heck I don't even use the stuff. I use Super Tech fully synthetic from Wal Mart. Ha ha. Then again, Wal Mart is a cult too.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 2/25/15 at 04:21 AM.
Old 2/25/15, 06:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I knew when i started this thread it would turn into an Amsoil bashing. Most people who bash on Amsoil have no clue about the technical side of synthetic oils. Who cares how they sell it. Fact is its readily available and once ordered shows up to your front door in two days usually. Me personally I don't care how it sold, its how it performs. In independent testing it has proven itself to be better than other oils. Amsoil backs that by publishing the tests. Any other brands confident enough to do that? If they are I have not seen it. I use collenite wax on my car. ***** to get vs Meguiars which is readily available. But the meguiars is like mouse milk compared to the collenite. My dog eats Origin dog food. Not available in normal pet stores. One of the top brands. My point is that some of he best stuff is not sold in normal stores. You will never see amsoil in Walmart, the same way you won't see origin dog food at petland discounts. I don't see what the big deal is to join their program. One order and you have saved more than the $15 sign up fee.

Last edited by imeyers302; 2/25/15 at 06:21 AM.
Old 2/25/15, 06:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by imeyers302
I knew when i started this thread it would turn into an Amsoil bashing. Most people who bash on Amsoil have no clue about the technical side of synthetic oils. Who cares how they sell it. Fact is its readily available and once ordered shows up to your front door in two days usually. Me personally I don't care how it sold, its how it performs. In independent testing it has proven itself to be better than other oils. Amsoil backs that by publishing the tests. Any other brands confident enough to do that? If they are I have not seen it. I use collenite wax on my car. ***** to get vs Meguiars which is readily available. But the meguiars is like mouse milk compared to the collenite. My dog eats Origin dog food. Not available in normal pet stores. One of the top brands. My point is that some of he best stuff is not sold in normal stores. You will never see amsoil in Walmart, the same way you won't see origin dog food at petland discounts. I don't see what the big deal is to join their program. One order and you have saved more than the $15 sign up fee.
No big deal at all good sir. Never used Amsoil, hear its great oil and couldn't give a crap how they sell the stuff. All I give a crap about is if the product does what it claims it does. Is Amsoil better than say Royal Purple or Mobil 1 extended performance. Perhaps it is good sir, not saying its not.

Can I say my mustangs engine will last me longer using Amsoil over say Mobil 1 extended performance changing every 10k oil change intervals. I don't know that. Will I get 350k miles out of my engine using Amsoil over using Royal Purple. Maybe, don't know! I know my wife's Mazda MPV has 150k miles on it, the engine purs like a kitten, runs like its brand new all while using Wal Mart Super tech fully synthetic 5W30 oil. Which the manufacturer calls for 5W20.

I'm with you bro. Nothing wrong with how Amsoil does business. Word of mouth.
Old 2/25/15, 06:44 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Amway'soil?
I 'think' Amsoil and Amway are connected somehow, somewhere. I was thinking about being a Amsoil distributor a few years ago. With the oil i was going to sell was a list of 'garden seeds' i could sell. Just saying......

Quick Reply: Anyone sticking to 5W-50, Amsoil has you covered now.