Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone feelin the hate from the 03/04 Cobra guys?

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/10, 10:58 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by 28.
... How is it I bought the wrong car?
I read your original post. Twice.

No offense to other GT owners but the concern for disliking or the "hate" for the 5.0 seems to be posted on this forum exclusively by GT guys. TMS members from other forums never touch the subject, there is no emphasis on which car is inferior or superior. If anything, members go out of their ways to offer compliments. The point is if you want to find hate for your car eventually you will.
Old 7/1/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
The point is if you want to find hate for your car eventually you will.
I agree. Seek and ye shall find.

I have gotten nothing but love from other Mustang owners, Terminators included. The 5.0 doesn't take a thing away from any previous Mustang.
Old 7/1/10, 12:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I would say the fact that we have (minimal) bolt-on GTs running 12.0s right off the showroom floor may make Terminator owners a little uncomfortable. They have had a good run being on top of the food chain, and now to be challenged by a "lowly" GT might not sit well with some of them whose egos are a little inflated. That's not even considering what the GT500 will do once modded, although I feel that if a Terminator owner is going to lose, he or she would rather lose to a GT500 than a almost stock GT!

It's a hierarchy thing. Understandable, but unnecessary. I'd be happy with a low-mile 04 Cobra will full Bassani exhaust, nice stereo and nice suspension. I don't care about running 10s or getting beat by a GT. Now an SS on the other hand...
Old 7/1/10, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I would say the fact that we have (minimal) bolt-on GTs running 12.0s right off the showroom floor may make Terminator owners a little uncomfortable. They have had a good run being on top of the food chain, and now to be challenged by a "lowly" GT might not sit well with some of them whose egos are a little inflated. That's not even considering what the GT500 will do once modded, although I feel that if a Terminator owner is going to lose, he or she would rather lose to a GT500 than a almost stock GT!

It's a hierarchy thing. Understandable, but unnecessary. I'd be happy with a low-mile 04 Cobra will full Bassani exhaust, nice stereo and nice suspension. I don't care about running 10s or getting beat by a GT. Now an SS on the other hand...
Pretty much the point I was trying to make Laserred.. You made it 100 times better.. And Bullit I agree also with your last statement. Cept this part.. "there is no emphasis on which car is inferior or superior." I don't know what forums you visit and I'm sure you do visit quite a few, but some that I've visited DO emphasise on which car is inferior or superior. Goes back to my interior comment. Eventhough I posted that with no malice, you originally took it that way. My fault in the fact that I didn't explain my post better and I apologize once again. But I have no problem with critique towards our cars, just with ppl who seem to only find the negative in them even though there is so much positive that comes along as well which haters just seem to overlook. My interior comment was just an axample.. I know what the high marks of a Termie are, but I know what it's lows are as well. Like I said I love them, but for what some guys are selling them for there is just no way I can justify paying 2 thirds on one when I can get a new car for about 12k more and having all the perks that come along with having a new ride. Weird someone mentioned the GT 500 guys cause I see more of them complementing the GT rather than pointing out it's lows. Again not all Termie owners have been or are this way, but I have come across a few. I live In the Texas Panhandle which has mostly low population towns like Amarillo and Lubbock which could very well be one of the reasons for this. But I think egos, like someone else said(think Lasered), does play a major role with some.
Old 7/1/10, 02:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
28 I'm not sure why some people are reading into your post more than was needed. I fully understood your question, and didn't sense that you were trying to invoke a Mustang war. As I mentioned, I also understand where the Termie guys are coming from, but we should all be Mustang fans. I think the 03/04 Cobras had a very good run, and I still want to own one someday. For me, I am all about the emotions/feelings the sound of the engine makes. If I could get a brand new 2011 Mustang with an engine that tingled my spine like the 4.6 4V with a Bassani O/R X and exhaust does, but with the interior refinement of today's car, I would LOVE it.

As of right now, I'm not in love with the new Coyote. I would be perfectly happy with a 2010 with the options I wanted, because I like the sound of the 4.6 better and there's not many places to exploit 400+ hp around here.

I know this...if I had a 550whp Termie that I had dumped a lot of money into, I'd be a little annoyed at the thought of a 400whp GT Auto with LTs, exhaust, tune and slicks kickin my butt at the track. But every generation is bound to get better. The other side of the coin would be knowing that the development of said 03-04 Cobra led to the upgrades that put that kind of performance into more car enthusiasts hands.

With my 2000, I plan to redo the entire interior in leather/suede, with a world-class audio system, Corbeau GTSII seats and a lot of sound deadening. Will it be on a 2011's level of refinement? Maybe not from the factory, but I'll know that I built it my own. And I've been looking into plexiglass manufacturers to possibly do my own version of a Glass Roof for SN95 cars... stay tuned!
Old 7/1/10, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
28 I'm not sure why some people are reading into your post more than was needed. I fully understood your question, and didn't sense that you were trying to invoke a Mustang war. As I mentioned, I also understand where the Termie guys are coming from, but we should all be Mustang fans. I think the 03/04 Cobras had a very good run, and I still want to own one someday. For me, I am all about the emotions/feelings the sound of the engine makes. If I could get a brand new 2011 Mustang with an engine that tingled my spine like the 4.6 4V with a Bassani O/R X and exhaust does, but with the interior refinement of today's car, I would LOVE it.

As of right now, I'm not in love with the new Coyote. I would be perfectly happy with a 2010 with the options I wanted, because I like the sound of the 4.6 better and there's not many places to exploit 400+ hp around here.

I know this...if I had a 550whp Termie that I had dumped a lot of money into, I'd be a little annoyed at the thought of a 400whp GT Auto with LTs, exhaust, tune and slicks kickin my butt at the track. But every generation is bound to get better. The other side of the coin would be knowing that the development of said 03-04 Cobra led to the upgrades that put that kind of performance into more car enthusiasts hands.

With my 2000, I plan to redo the entire interior in leather/suede, with a world-class audio system, Corbeau GTSII seats and a lot of sound deadening. Will it be on a 2011's level of refinement? Maybe not from the factory, but I'll know that I built it my own. And I've been looking into plexiglass manufacturers to possibly do my own version of a Glass Roof for SN95 cars... stay tuned!

That would be original as hell..
Old 7/2/10, 03:06 PM

I love them all :-) Especially a mystic terminator :-)
Old 7/2/10, 05:40 PM
Cobra R Member

I've been feeling love pretty much universally even from my Chevy-oriented friends! One co-worker who owns 3 'vettes, a '68 Camaro BB, 1929 and 1957 Chevy pickups gave me a few zingers, but said they "won't kick me out of the club" for buying my 5.0.

Another co-worker, who drives a mildly customized C5 Corvette, looked my car over yesterday for the first time and said to me afterward, "I think you made the right choice."
Old 7/2/10, 06:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03/04 Terminators are sweet cars and fairly unique. I think you 2011 5.0 boys are getting alittle full of yourself if you think that the Cobra boys are jealous of you.
Old 7/2/10, 09:52 PM

<---- Terminator owner not jealous of the new five liter GT's

Raff out roud @ the OP for suggesting that.
Old 7/3/10, 07:56 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I have 4 Terminators in the area i live in. 2 Coupes and 2 Verts. One Coupe is perfect and always clean, good sound and doesn't smoke. The other 3 look like they haven't been washed in over a year and have a nice blue haze color coming out of the exhaust pipes. Its like three of the four Terminator owners either don't know or just don't care they own a very important part of Mustang history.
Old 7/3/10, 10:18 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
Its like three of the four Terminator owners either don't know or just don't care they own a very important part of Mustang history.
Might have just bought them because they were "the" cars to own at the time? They've had thier fun and its time to move on to the new kewl car on the block.

I can't understand why people let any car go downhill like that? Even if I owned a crap box, I'd still take car of it so at the very least, I'd get a long service life out of it and at most I'd be able to sell or trade it in for a good amount - Its always a point of pride with me when people assume I've purchased my car recently even though I've owned it for a few or more years.