Old 9/16/14, 12:39 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sick of these........
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...wheels-531439/
Name:  NewShoes1_zpsc57c619c.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  112.1 KB

Last edited by Deerslayer; 9/16/14 at 04:16 PM.
Old 9/16/14, 01:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I just can't make myself like those wheels. I don't hate them, but I just can't fall in love with them. Which is a good thing, because they're not mine.
Old 9/16/14, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I love black wheels. So much so that I spent my own money on some.

Last edited by lsxjunkie; 9/16/14 at 10:40 PM.
Old 9/16/14, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Deerslayer
I love those wheels.
Old 9/16/14, 04:45 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
here's the same wheels in chrome and black. Both look equally awesome. Tomatoe, Tomawtow

Name:  20140830_125623_zps70aa8f8f.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  362.8 KB
Attached Thumbnails Anyone else sick of black wheels?-blackmambawheels_zps800a14f5.jpg  
Old 9/16/14, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This red one looks beautiful except for the Dodge hash marks.
Attached Images  
Old 9/16/14, 05:54 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
This red one looks beautiful except for the Dodge hash marks.
Agree. Never understood the desire behind that.
Old 9/16/14, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Eventually good taste will win out. Black wheels will go the way of spinners and 13" gold roller skate wheels. ?
You think?

Cause it seems like one of the most famous Mustangs of all time sported black wheels. lol
Old 9/16/14, 05:58 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010

Cause it seems like one of the most famous Mustangs of all time sported black wheels. lol
Those aren't black. As in all black.
Old 9/16/14, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Those aren't black. As in all black.
Splitting hairs. They are mostly black.

The point is, some people like black wheels and others do not. I personally have black wheels on my Race Red Stang and I think they look awesome. To me it all comes down to contrast. I think black wheels on a black car does nothing for the car. A good color contrast between the wheels and the body color is what makes the wheels stand out and enhance the look of the car. So black with race red works, or black with green or black with gray. Personally I don't think black wheels with a white car works because even though they do contrast it's actually too stark a contrast and it detracts from the look. Polished or gunmetal wheels on a white Mustang look best. In fact one of my favorite combinations is white body with blue racing stripes and gunmetal wheels. Black with the grabber blue doesn't work for me either, while gunmetal with grabber blue looks really good. Black with yellow works so long as you have black stripes to accompany the look. Black with dark blue almost never works. Dark blue is a color that needs a bright finish wheel. Even gunmetal does not work well with dark blue. This all just my opinion of course, but what do I know I've only taken art courses and studied color contrast. lol

PS, Never put yellow stripes on a red mustang!! Just don't do it!!

In fact the only Mustang color that should get yellow stripes is a black Mustang.
Old 9/16/14, 06:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess it really depends on the car and what kind of statement you're trying to make; I'm currently working road construction (but not living) in the super-ultra-rich part of town; Maserati's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, and a few Mclaren's here too and most are sporting black rims. I've seen one or two roush mustangs and they had polished rims. But no matter what type of car you're talking about, the wheels can either be an accent piece, or the centre of attention. Picture this, a red mustang with black good vents and black rims (not winter steelies). The rim is accent piece. Or a black Mazda 6 with chrome or polished aluminum rims and some OEM chrome trim on it. Now those rims are the centre of attention on the car. For me, I'm fine with either wheel type, but when people do the black on black on black on black in black... Where is the accent? There's nothing to catch my attention. So then they throw on huge 22" wheels to make a statement. Or if someone has gone overkill with chrome or billet on their car, then the rims don't catch my attention as much. I guess that post makes sense? Maybe I'm suffering from heat stroke today.

Last edited by Moejoe_989; 9/16/14 at 06:41 PM.
Old 9/16/14, 06:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is the exact colour on the TT rims?
Answer from David:
I don't believe the wheel spokes on the movie car were painted. Those were supposedly true magnesium Torq Thrusts (as opposed to the aluminum versions they sell today), and the bare spokes of those wheels oxidized into a very dark grey unless polished regularly.
So painting them black is not really correct, even though they may appear that way on film sometimes. A very dark charcoal gray works well, and there's a wheel-specific charcoal gray spray paint available from Eastwood.
http://ponysite.de/bullittmhfaq.html
Old 9/16/14, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
cdynaco is correct, all black versus black and bright is a significant difference. All black looks like a dark hole in the wheel well or like the dog dish hub caps came off. Black and aluminum can look very good because of the very contrast you mention. For example, one of the best looking wheels of the classic muscle cars was the black or gold and aluminum "snow flake" wheels used on the "Bandit" Trans Ams. Or the black and chrome "Magnum 500" wheels that were so popular in the '60s. But all black would have looked terrible.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 9/16/14 at 07:00 PM.
Old 9/16/14, 07:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by shouldhavegottheGT
I'm tired of seeing stock wheels and stock suspension on mustangs. That's pretty played out. 90% of mustangs I see are bone stock. At least the guy is making an effort to make his car stand out. I'm not a huge fan of black wheels but definitely lookbetter than the stock 17s or 18s .
Weird, here in Michigan I see 90% non stock & I'm sick of that (alot of real garbage look). I prefer 100% stock. Scott
Old 9/16/14, 07:15 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Regardless of style, color, or level of shine, wheels and tires are the one single thing more than anything else (even the car's color) that can make or break it's appearance.

If the rolling stock doesn't turn heads you might as well be driving an Aztec.

In my area there is a custom distributor who makes reproduction 60's Radir wheels and retro whitewall drag slicks. His display vehicle is a mid-1930's Ford Woody. The canvas top is ripped, the wood is rotted and splintered. There is body cancer that you could throw a football through. The seats are torn with exposed springs.

But he keeps a set of vintage whitewalls and slicks on it, wrapped around a set of chromed Radir wheels. People flock around that car, admiring how cool it looks because of the rolling stock, ignoring it's overall deplorable condition.

One thing that gets me are people who spend hours cleaning and waxing their cars, but don't dress the wheels and tires. I even see this at shows. Drives me crazy.
Old 9/16/14, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
cdynaco is correct, all black versus black and bright is a significant difference. All black looks like a dark hole in the wheel well or like the dog dish hub caps came off. Black and aluminum can look very good because of the very contrast you mention. For example, one of the best looking wheels of the classic muscle cars was the black or gold and aluminum "snow flake" wheels used on the "Bandit" Trans Ams. Or the black and chrome "Magnum 500" wheels that were so popular in the '60s. But all black would have looked terrible.
An all black wheel can easily enhance the look of a car depending on the hue of the car and other accents. It can also detract from the look of a car. There are no absolutes here.
Old 9/16/14, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

chrome/polished stock brembos FTW

hated black wheels since i first laid eyes on them.
Old 9/17/14, 06:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Black Wheels are just over-done nowadays. Everyone is doing it. So it makes those with something other than black stand out even more. But I'm old school, I like chrome accents.

Even stripes are being done to death these days and in my area, it's mostly the v6's with all the stripes, black rims, etc. It's like they're compensating.
Old 9/17/14, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mostly old and grumpy guys on retirement with nothing better to do, just get on internet and b*tch about something they didn't like that they seen outside of their safety zone AKA their house.

Nothing to see here , move along folks.
Give it some time and someone will come over and start stating how gay and stupid wheels above 19" look, and that we all should have 15" cragars.

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 9/17/14 at 08:24 AM.
Old 9/17/14, 08:22 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hate it b|tches - 427 cubic inches, SHELBY emblems, AND black wheels...

Last edited by jsimmons; 9/17/14 at 08:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else sick of black wheels?