2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Any ideas on what's holding up orders?

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/10, 05:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 GT
I guess they must pack the cars on the slow trains...
Not only are they slow, they stop everywhere! The train my car is on left Flat Rock on 8/13 and it just pulled into New Orleans at 4pm today. 11 days. Since I had a log-in account with CN Railway, I was able to track it all the way down to New Orleans. 17 stops. 4 of those stops were for 48 hours in duration.

But alas, it is finally in town. Now, I get to find out how long it takes them to pull it off the train, load it on a truck and drive it 10 miles to my dealer!
Old 8/24/10, 05:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds fun. I might be placing an order and was told the wait was "6 to 8 weeks."
Old 8/24/10, 06:24 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
I would love to see this, but your dealer would have a stroke.

How else can they sell you window tint, VIN etching, Scotchguarding and undercoating?
They can't sell me any of that crap anyway...
Old 8/30/10, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Modshack
You can take delivery of your Corvette this way for an additional $500 fee over and above the regular transportation charge..
Wow... what a ripoff. Let's review: if you take delivery at the factory, they save on the shipping to you... yet they still slap you with the shipping charge AND an additional $500 charge for the "privilege" of picking up the vehicle on your own... all because their delivery system sucks a$$.

Right.

It amazes me some consumers are stupid enough to put up with this. Well... they're not ALL stupid. If they were, American car companies wouldn't be struggling.

Last edited by OBleedingMe; 8/30/10 at 10:05 AM.
Old 8/30/10, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
I would love to see this, but your dealer would have a stroke.

How else can they sell you window tint, VIN etching, Scotchguarding and undercoating?
They would still get their chance to rip you off because the dealer would be required to do some paperwork prior to taking delivery. So they can sell you that overpriced junk when you do paperwork and just bring you car back in for them to deliver their wonderful product.
Old 8/30/10, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
Wow... what a ripoff. Let's review: if you take delivery at the factory, they save on the shipping to you... yet they still slap you with the shipping charge AND an additional $500 charge for the "privilege" of picking up the vehicle on your own... all because their delivery system sucks a$$.

Right.

It amazes me some consumers are stupid enough to put up with this. Well... they're not ALL stupid. If they were, American car companies wouldn't be struggling.
The factory delivery of a Corvette includes a lot more than just picking up your vehicle. I can't remember all the details but it includes a tour of the plant, a bunch of commemorative items, and some other percs. The cost isn't really for the factory delivery, it's for the show they put on.
Old 8/30/10, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The factory delivery of a Corvette includes a lot more than just picking up your vehicle. I can't remember all the details but it includes a tour of the plant, a bunch of commemorative items, and some other percs. The cost isn't really for the factory delivery, it's for the show they put on.
And the $850 "delivery" charge is a contractual deal with the shipper, even though the load it at the factory and drive it less than 1/2 mile to the Museum for delivery.....EVERY car gets assessed the delivery charge. If you like you can even pay another $3-400 to watch your car come down the line on the scheduled Build day a few weeks in advance of your scheduled delivery, and recently the added a $5000 option to actually go work side by side with your engine builder (Grandsport and Z06 only I believe). Chebby needs the money...
Old 8/31/10, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by jason202
So are these delays affecting everybody? Our Mustang was supposed to be built last Thursday and should be here around this weekend, but if there are delays, then who knows when we'll see it.
I guess I can answer my own question. Our car was supposed to arrive yesterday, but now Ford apparently has no clue where it is or when it will get here
Old 8/31/10, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I can answer my own question. Our car was supposed to arrive yesterday, but now Ford apparently has no clue where it is or when it will get here
Try not to sweat it... it usually takes a minimum of two weeks from production for a car to reach its destination. For the longest time, my delivery date was 9/4 with a build date of 9/1... definitely wasn't right. Called up Ford CS today and they said the delivery date has been revised to 9/12 and that my car was being built today.

So, 9/12... I'm betting end of September if I'm lucky. It'd be one helluva surprise for Ford to be on time for once.
Old 8/31/10, 05:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Try not to sweat it... it usually takes a minimum of two weeks from production for a car to reach its destination. For the longest time, my delivery date was 9/4 with a build date of 9/1... definitely wasn't right. Called up Ford CS today and they said the delivery date has been revised to 9/12 and that my car was being built today.

So, 9/12... I'm betting end of September if I'm lucky. It'd be one helluva surprise for Ford to be on time for once.
Mine was built on 8-25 and had a delivery date of 9-6 .The delivery date changed to 9-14 which seemed a little more realistic to me. I talked to c/s today and they told me the status has been changed to in- transit and the delivery date is 9-11. My window sticker also said convoy and not rail. Didn't seem right to S. Fla but thats what it said. The only thing that I do know is that it can not possibly get here soon enough.
Old 9/1/10, 06:01 AM

I hear ya. It's just frustrating that nobody seems to know where the car is right now, other than "in transit," and we were hoping to have it in time for the long weekend. Oh well.

I must say, the dealer has been extremely helpful in keeping us up to date. But according to our sales manager, the problem as of late with cars not arriving when they're supposed to is pretty widespread.

Last edited by jason202; 9/1/10 at 06:04 AM.
Old 9/1/10, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

I hear ya. It's just frustrating that nobody seems to know where the car is right now, other than "in transit," and we were hoping to have it in time for the long weekend. Oh well.

I must say, the dealer has been extremely helpful in keeping us up to date. But according to our sales manager, the problem as of late with cars not arriving when they're supposed to is pretty widespread.
Yeah, it sucks that you won't have it Labor Day Weekend... I suppose the moral of the story is to never plan anything around Ford's car delivery system, lol.

On another note, it says on my window sticker that my car is being delivered by convoy. All the way to NJ!? Strange.