Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Another SYNC issue..

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/11, 11:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another SYNC issue..

again just posting this in the 2010+ section since thats the bodystyle with SYNC equipped. anyways my question is has anyone ever experienced this:

alright lets say your driving down the road listening to your favorite song or station. then out of the blue the music turns off and you look to the screen to see if it says something like 'No Signal' or something. instead you see something on the screen that says "Run Report?" and then SYNC asks if you'd like to run a health report. without pressing any buttons at all that just happens. has that ever happened to anyone? its happened to me......twice in the Focus.
Old 1/9/11, 12:27 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What source are you using to play music - USB or Bluetooth? By the way if the car asks or suggests running a vehicle health report and interrupts your music you should do so just to be on the safe side. At least you will know the vehicle's status.

Assuming you have all of your accounts setup you can have a look and see if you have a set reminder/preference for vehicle health reports. Play the DEMO video at the bottom of the page (Vehicle Health Report) and let me know if that helps: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?brand=flm

That video should help you narrow down your problem and www.syncmyride.com will have plenty of help and advice.

Last edited by eurocobra; 1/9/11 at 12:29 AM.
Old 1/9/11, 07:55 AM
V6 Member

There's a setting that allows you to either run automatic health reports or prompts you to run after certain mileage intervals. Maybe that's what kicked it off.
Old 1/9/11, 12:05 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by eurocobra
What source are you using to play music - USB or Bluetooth? By the way if the car asks or suggests running a vehicle health report and interrupts your music you should do so just to be on the safe side. At least you will know the vehicle's status.

Assuming you have all of your accounts setup you can have a look and see if you have a set reminder/preference for vehicle health reports. Play the DEMO video at the bottom of the page (Vehicle Health Report) and let me know if that helps: http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/?brand=flm

That video should help you narrow down your problem and www.syncmyride.com will have plenty of help and advice.
i use a USB for my music.
Old 1/9/11, 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

It's a setting fix. can't remember off the top of my head.
Old 1/9/11, 12:48 PM
Cobra Member

i ran a vehicle health report on December 18 and as of today it shows i have something up with my engine oil pressure saying its low, something in the brakes and a charging system fault. dont think i believe it though because the CEL/SES light isnt illuminated yet, the brake lights havent (the red one nor the ABS) and the battery hasnt either. the only come on during start up which is normal and they go right back off after a few seconds. the brake one might be a dud since the parking brake was set during the time i actually did run the health report.
Old 1/9/11, 01:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
i ran a vehicle health report on December 18 and as of today it shows i have something up with my engine oil pressure saying its low, something in the brakes and a charging system fault. dont think i believe it though because the CEL/SES light isnt illuminated yet, the brake lights havent (the red one nor the ABS) and the battery hasnt either. the only come on during start up which is normal and they go right back off after a few seconds. the brake one might be a dud since the parking brake was set during the time i actually did run the health report.
Was your engine running when you ran the report? I got the same thing and my Mustang just got here on Friday. I think it's because I ran the report while in accessory mode. I haven't been back in my garage to run the report again with the engine running to be sure.
Old 1/9/11, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jrs817
Was your engine running when you ran the report? I got the same thing and my Mustang just got here on Friday. I think it's because I ran the report while in accessory mode. I haven't been back in my garage to run the report again with the engine running to be sure.
no the engine was off but i do think i was in accessory mode. just like you i havent checked to be sure either. im kinda thinking not to worry about it much until the actual light or lights illuminate from the instrument cluster as idiotic as that may sound.

Last edited by Red Jay; 1/9/11 at 01:55 PM.
Old 1/10/11, 06:52 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Red Jay
no the engine was off but i do think i was in accessory mode. just like you i havent checked to be sure either. im kinda thinking not to worry about it much until the actual light or lights illuminate from the instrument cluster as idiotic as that may sound.
Ran it on the way to work this morning with the engine running and there were no issues.
Old 1/10/11, 07:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

automatic health report can be turned off in the setting menu, i shut mine off for just this reason, i run it when i want to.
Old 1/12/11, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jrs817
Ran it on the way to work this morning with the engine running and there were no issues.
thats good man. i dont think im gonna mess with this stuff again. i understand it and all but i think i'll just wait till i see another amber colored light on ym dash besides my shift indicator or a red colored light (id rather have amber).