Search this Thread

Old 7/22/11, 08:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-warranty.html
Old 7/22/11, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right on! I couldn't decide between BBR or Bama until now. This is a no brainer for sure.
Old 7/22/11, 10:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87
I literally just got off the phone with Bama, and the guy who was answering my questions said that he was briefed today on a new policy by Bama that any engine failure found to be a direct result of their tuning will be warrantied by Bama. He said "we stand behind our products, and we don't believe these failures are tune related. If they are proven to be, we will take care of you."

While I understand the "proven" caveat in there, I think even a statement/policy by a company like that is something pretty big. He also said "Bama has no knowledge of any car with our tune failing like that" which I know contradicts some things I have read on this board and others.

Be interesting to see where this goes.

Even though I plan on a custom dyno tune, my local shop still can't sell me the SCT hand held as cheap as Bama can in their CAI/SCT Combo with free shipping, so I will probably use a Bama 91 octane tune with 93 octane fuel for my "daily" tune, and then get a race tune done on a dyno.
^^^^

Last edited by kws6000; 7/22/11 at 10:56 PM.
Old 7/23/11, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Likely this has been asked before, but have there been any #8 failures on NON TUNED CARS?

Also under the category self interest have any failures been associated with Steeda (the tune I'm enjoying)?

Is there any information about how many tunes have been sold and the failure rate? I would love some actual data? Likely none available, but it never hurts to ask.
Old 7/23/11, 09:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

If everyone is talking about this so much and there isn't simple data like that available, its not really widespread and probably way less common than people think.
Old 7/23/11, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I Am planning on a tune for my 2010 so none of the real or perceived problems with 2011 and #8 but BAMA will get my money now for sure.
Old 7/23/11, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I literally just got off the phone with Bama, and the guy who was answering my questions said that he was briefed today on a new policy by Bama that any engine failure found to be a direct result of their tuning will be warrantied by Bama. He said "we stand behind our products, and we don't believe these failures are tune related. If they are proven to be, we will take care of you."

While I understand the "proven" caveat in there, I think even a statement/policy by a company like that is something pretty big. He also said "Bama has no knowledge of any car with our tune failing like that" which I know contradicts some things I have read on this board and others.

Be interesting to see where this goes.

Even though I plan on a custom dyno tune, my local shop still can't sell me the SCT hand held as cheap as Bama can in their CAI/SCT Combo with free shipping, so I will probably use a Bama 91 octane tune with 93 octane fuel for my "daily" tune, and then get a race tune done on a dyno.
See my post above about this, I was in there personally and was told that "something was in the works". Now I will be reinstalling my Airaid and a street tune which BAMA updated. Personally it was a different car to drive after the BAMA tune and a noticable dog when I returned it to stock, now I have complete peace of mind.

For those who haven't see the BAMA warranty I have attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
bama-warranty-2011gt.pdf (93.6 KB, 166 views)
Old 7/23/11, 01:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eric n
Likely this has been asked before, but have there been any #8 failures on NON TUNED CARS?

Also under the category self interest have any failures been associated with Steeda (the tune I'm enjoying)?

Is there any information about how many tunes have been sold and the failure rate? I would love some actual data? Likely none available, but it never hurts to ask.
Eric,
Don't know which tune you're running, but i'm also using the 93 Steeda tune and PM'd Gus about any changes to their tunes . He promply replied by telling me that they had a new " less agressive 93 tune" out and that i wouldn't feel the difference in the way the car would drive.
So i got an e-mail with tune the next day and uploaded it yestedrday. I haven't been out for a ride since then, so i cannot comment on how the car performs.
Gus has been very helpful in helping me with this situation.
As far as which parameters they have changed, well your guess is as good as mine. I gues it's like the KFC's mystery receipe. Just feel more relaxed now knowing i've updated the tune.
Old 7/23/11, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sounds great now where is the fine print? I dont for a second believe this BS but its good marketing I will give you that. Get the lawyers out and lets dicest this shall we?
Old 7/23/11, 04:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by chevys
Sounds great now where is the fine print? I dont for a second believe this BS but its good marketing I will give you that. Get the lawyers out and lets dicest this shall we?
This kinda post actually took longer than I thought.

Not surprising someone with the username "chevys" is quick to hate.

Go read the actual warranty, which there is a link to in AM's post about it on AFM.

BTW wtf does dicest mean?
Old 7/23/11, 04:31 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
LoL you probably know this, but he meant dissect.
Old 7/23/11, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Eric,
Don't know which tune you're running, but i'm also using the 93 Steeda tune and PM'd Gus about any changes to their tunes . He promply replied by telling me that they had a new " less agressive 93 tune" out and that i wouldn't feel the difference in the way the car would drive.
So i got an e-mail with tune the next day and uploaded it yestedrday. I haven't been out for a ride since then, so i cannot comment on how the car performs.
Gus has been very helpful in helping me with this situation.
As far as which parameters they have changed, well your guess is as good as mine. I gues it's like the KFC's mystery receipe. Just feel more relaxed now knowing i've updated the tune.
Thanks for the intel. Right now I'm running the 91 octane Steeda tune.
Old 7/23/11, 04:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
LoL you probably know this, but he meant dissect.

Lol I know but it's our duty as internet tough guys to point out every single spelling error/typo like it's a big deal and act like we never do it!

But seriously there isn't much to dicest/dissect, its pretty straight forward when you read it. Except for (as I said before) the "proven to be the tunes fault" thing. I think if people could prove that one way or another Ford would be fixing them (if it really isnt tune related).
Old 7/23/11, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

I know they are a great company and will most likely be standing behind their work, but what kin of "proof" is needed to show that the tune caused the problems.
Old 7/23/11, 07:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
"Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."
Old 7/23/11, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
"Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time."
Tommy Boy (classic)
Old 7/23/11, 09:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Old 7/31/11, 07:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
The back cylinders get hottest.
You know, as to reasons, there has been talk of heat, the knock sensors, timing, the tune too aggressive for the fuel, or bad/incorrect octane fuel... all of which is related to correct A/F ratio's, right?

What if there's a starvation issue? Under high demand (or even a certain parameter that could include outside air specs).
Like airflow from/through the intake under high demand?
Or even possibly a fuel starvation issue to that cylinder when under high demand?

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/31/11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 8/1/11, 06:39 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Lol I know but it's our duty as internet tough guys to point out every single spelling error/typo like it's a big deal and act like we never do it!
LOL.... did you catch the error in the warranty PDF where they wrote "insure" where they should have used "ensure?"
Old 8/1/11, 07:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by eric n

I haven't heard of any failures associated with the Steeda tune. Only failures I've heard of are associated with the shops who were shutting off the knock sensors or reducing the sensitivity of the sensors.