2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Airraid CAI + Steeda Tune

Old 1/16/16, 02:47 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airraid CAI + Steeda Tune

I have had my 2011 GT 5.0 about 30 days now and loving. Added Borla S-Type AB and a few other cosmetic mods so far. I also added a tower brace bar. I got a great deal locally on an Airraid CAI (no MVT - so tune is needed) and SCT X4 for $320. Tuner is unmarried with 4 unlocks left. I've been reading about tunes, etc but not overly familiar, tbh. Steeda gets good reviews so I wanted to make sure I can get a Steeda tune with my Airraid CAI or if it needs to be a tune with a Steeda CAI only. Couple of questions:

1. With a tune, I know I tell them what mods I've done but how do I know what was done with the previous owner? I had the Borlas put own and they took off GT500 axle backs taken off so it was not completely stock, but I have no idea what else has been done, if anything. The engine area looks stock, I think. Added a couple pics in case anything sticks out as not stock.

2. I only use 93 octane, btw and it's easy to find. That can be included in my tune, correct?

3. Someone mentioned something about the battery with my tune, to have it connects to a charger, or something. I don't have a charger do I need to connect the jumper cables to my wife's car while tuning?

What does the tunes for life essentially mean? How many different tunes will I ultimately need? I did connect my tuner to the SCT Updater program (after downloading it).

Thanks in advance -

Old 1/16/16, 09:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I have had my 2011 GT 5.0 about 30 days now and loving. Added Borla S-Type AB and a few other cosmetic mods so far. I also added a tower brace bar. I got a great deal locally on an Airraid CAI (no MVT - so tune is needed) and SCT X4 for $320. Tuner is unmarried with 4 unlocks left. I've been reading about tunes, etc but not overly familiar, tbh. Steeda gets good reviews so I wanted to make sure I can get a Steeda tune with my Airraid CAI or if it needs to be a tune with a Steeda CAI only. Couple of questions:

1. With a tune, I know I tell them what mods I've done but how do I know what was done with the previous owner? I had the Borlas put own and they took off GT500 axle backs taken off so it was not completely stock, but I have no idea what else has been done, if anything. The engine area looks stock, I think. Added a couple pics in case anything sticks out as not stock.

2. I only use 93 octane, btw and it's easy to find. That can be included in my tune, correct?

3. Someone mentioned something about the battery with my tune, to have it connects to a charger, or something. I don't have a charger do I need to connect the jumper cables to my wife's car while tuning?

What does the tunes for life essentially mean? How many different tunes will I ultimately need? I did connect my tuner to the SCT Updater program (after downloading it).

Thanks in advance -

Hello Pirate,

Great questions!

1st, yes, we can tune your Airaid CAI ... we prefer it to be Steeda, but well let you slide, lol. Our tuning dept. will work with you to ensure we are tuning for the correct set-up & if you miss something, we can data log to ensure the tune gets corrected.

2nd, yes, we can tune for 93 - 87 Octane. When you fill out your tuning form when you order the tune, you will inform them of the desired octane levels.

3rd, this is how you will upload your tune:

4th - Tunes for life means, we will update the tune for you as you upgrade to additional parts down the road, you can check out this link to see the options you can choose from - https://www.steeda.com/tuning-s197/

Hope that helps you - you are making a great choice getting the Steeda tune - tons of great reviews out there & our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful!

Please email me if you have any additional questions, you can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 1/16/16 at 09:08 PM.
Old 1/17/16, 08:58 AM
V6 Member

Thanks TJ!

I read on another forum that you have to make sure to return your car to stock before you load any custom tune… Since I just bought my car and did not know the previous owner how do I know it's not currently running on another tune right now? Video seem pretty simple just plug-and-play type situation but I did not mention anything about battery or returning the car to stock… What are your thoughts on both of those… How the battery should be handled when adding a tune and adding a tune to a car you just bought with no knowledge of previous tuning etc.…
Old 1/18/16, 07:52 PM

Just curious what shift **** that is ?
Old 1/18/16, 08:26 PM
V6 Member

Man I am not sure. It was on the car when I bought it about a month ago. I'm assuming it's not stock...here are a couple more pics if that helps. Is the shifter itself stock?

Old 1/19/16, 01:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
It's the stock upgraded (401A package) shift ****. Premier Interior or something like that.
Old 4/25/16, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I mostly went visual with my 13 V6 premium. First thing was some lowering springs and wheels and tires. Instantly sets you apart for the hundreds of V6 stangs out there. Then added Borla ATAKs and an airraid CAI. I don't really think the CAI is worth it but I got both on CL from a guy that traded in for a GT and I paid $400. If you have a manual at the very least get the shifter bracket if not a short shifter and bracket combo. I also upgraded the grilles to the Roush upper and lower with the chin splitter. My car looked mean and sound pretty aggressive for a 6. Everyone thought it was a GT.

Wouldn't waste money on X or H pipe. The V6 didn't have a resonator or anything so it's just replacing pipes with pipes. Unless your doing one of the pipes that remove the cats it's a waste. Spend it on other mods. Just my opinion.

Had the same outlook with my 16 GT. Make it look bad *** and get some exhaust to wake up the sound.

Airraid CAI + Steeda Tune-imag0052_zps6c363cf0.jpg

Airraid CAI + Steeda Tune-1251e267-09e8-42de-a171-0aca9e014531_zpsldrldi5i.jpg