Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

The 2013 Mustang is officially here!

Search this Thread

Old 11/18/11, 06:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Ive been praising almost every aspect of this refresh since tuesday morning. But that black plastic rear license plate surround is eating away at me. I loath it! Absolutely despise it! I wish it had a beating heart so i could strangle the life out of it. What the hell were they thinking!?!? It single handedly makes the back look too busy. I must paint it as soon as i get the car. I blame europe.
I don't care for it either. One of the few things that didn't impress me about the rear.
Old 11/18/11, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive been praising almost every aspect of this refresh since tuesday morning. But that black plastic rear license plate surround is eating away at me. I loath it! Absolutely despise it! I wish it had a beating heart so i could strangle the life out of it. What the hell were they thinking!?!? It single handedly makes the back look too busy. I must paint it as soon as i get the car. I blame europe.
i think they had to add something to break up the rear bumper with the paint extending all they way down to the end of the exhaust valence it would look really heavy. Maybe someone can PS a rear bumper with everything painted around the license plate?
Old 11/18/11, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Again, not to discredit anyone's opinion, but I think alot of new model hate has to do with human psychology and the tendency to look for reasons to reinforce one's purchasing decisions as being good decisions.
I agree with this, along with the "shock factor" of changes being at play. I remember when people said "oh my God, what did they do to the Mustang?" back in 1999 when the New Edge look came.
Old 11/18/11, 07:41 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by xlover
i think they had to add something to break up the rear bumper with the paint extending all they way down to the end of the exhaust valence it would look really heavy.
Or enough width for a euro plate insert.
Old 11/18/11, 08:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Or enough width for a euro plate insert.
Doubtful, because there are no plans to introduce this model year anywhere in Europe. With the new CO2 based car tax in my country for example a new GT costs over $100,000 and noone in his right mind is going to pay that. There used to be around 100 grey imports per year here, but those have basically gone to zero now. All we can do is pray for a low emissions turbo 4 banger in 2015

Originally Posted by xlover
i think they had to add something to break up the rear bumper with the paint extending all they way down to the end of the exhaust valence it would look really heavy.
Imho that is the only reason why that ugly thing is there. The taillight section in the S197 sits relatively high, which results in a large bumper cover below it. Had they kept the cool unpainted rocker panels and bottom part in the rear bumper design none of this would have been necessary.
Old 11/18/11, 08:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ericc B
Doubtful, because there are no plans to introduce this model year anywhere in Europe.
Didn't say they were exporting it.
Just for people who import it themselves.
Old 11/18/11, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

thats nice of them, tho how many actually get imported? to add an apparently controversial design element just to help with the import market. if that is 500 cars vs 70k sold in the US/Canada is that worth the complaints if the design team didnt think it was the best looking version?

I mean i have a '10 and i have no issue with either that or the new 2013 rear. my opinion is they are different but equally cool.
Old 11/18/11, 09:06 AM
V6 Member

Most countries in Europe offer smaller size licence plates for cars that don't fit the big ones. Full size is only required when the manufacturer wants to acquire a Euro type approval for officially carrying the model in that market.
Old 11/18/11, 09:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
When do u guys think we'll be able build our own 2013 mustang on the Ford site?
It usually gets updated at the beginning of the year, ThrustangFiveO. Soon!

Deysha
Old 11/18/11, 09:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Deysha
order guide coming to dealers (and leaked to this site) when?
Old 11/18/11, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService

Deysha
Thanks for the response deysha. Im just a little confused as to why they wouldn't update it before december 5th if thats the day order banks open for the 2013 mustang. How am i gonna know exactly what options i want if i cant see them in full detail until the beginning of the year?
Old 11/18/11, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the response deysha. Im just a little confused as to why they wouldn't update it before december 5th if thats the day order banks open for the 2013 mustang. How am i gonna know exactly what options i want if i cant see them in full detail until the beginning of the year?
Well the main reason is because even though the order banks are open the 5th they are still producing the 2012. Most of the general public is not aware of the launch of the 2013 so fords main goal is to try and expend current model year inventory.
Old 11/18/11, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

the order guide should come a month or 2 before the website switch.
Old 11/18/11, 11:10 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2013.. fords doing it wrong
Old 11/18/11, 11:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
2013.. fords doing it wrong
u mad?
Old 11/18/11, 11:12 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

if ford would startr making the 2002-04 svt focus and the 2005-09 mustang I would buy those again. I mean really. really really.. best looking cars of those models so far.
Old 11/18/11, 11:14 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Adam
u mad?
just happy I got a 2012 before the 2013 puberty hit. I buy ones of these every 14 months or so some I am not sure the choice I will be making in a year or so.
Old 11/18/11, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by W. Andrade
Yup. I downloaded it last night. It's sitting on my iPad right now.
Can you upload it?

Last edited by AutoAddiction; 11/18/11 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11/18/11, 11:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

I am really pleased with the good job Ford has done on refining the look of all 2013 Mustangs. The 2013 Mustangs all look good in pictures. I am sure they look even better in person. Each type of Mustang has features I like. I would like to own one of each. Maybe, I could work out a deal with my Ford dealer when I buy my GT500. Maybe he can also sell me a GT as a package deal.
Old 11/18/11, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, so there is a lot to love and some not so much. But all in all this version, for me, is the best of all worlds that I might be able to get. I may not love the new snout but I far from hate it. I love the 2010-2012 refresh and will continue to. But this car puts together all the things that I wanted to see on a Mustang. The front bumper could absolutely go. The HIDs I've grown to like and with the accents I like even more. Yeah, I'm gimmicky some times. All in all the Mustang is still a svelte package compared to its competition.

The LED tails are just that, kind of gimmicky, kind of techy and I love every bit of it. Though I would have liked a matte black option. Painting the lower rockers, I like actually. I know that the 10-12 "seemed" slimmer but it just didn't work for me. I knew it was there. I would certainly take either a 12 or a 13 but it's the little additions that make me want the 13 the most. I know, I said that about the 2011 but this will probably be the last of the muscular semi nostalgic Mustangs around. I'm sure the 2015 will be incredible. The 2013 is just featuring all the things I wanted to buy in a Mustang since, well, I was interested in Mustangs.

So I'm going to have to look past the short commings and go with this one being a win in my book. Just barely over the 2012 though. I agree with Patrick in that I think this is one of the Mustangs aside from the 2010-12 to start weening the Mustang fans off of the nostalgia and on to a new era.

The big differences that I have thought of between what I want to drive and the competition between this and an M3 is that there is one car I want to drive and another than I want to own. The Mustang is the car I want to own. Especially since I can still wrap my brain around the tech used in the Mustang. Not knocking the M, it has heritage unlike many others but it comes at a supreme price. The Mustang is a supreme car at a more normal price. This new one just does it for me. That's all. I guess it's just like any other car, they all have imperfections but find one you can be proud of. I hate the look of Subaru's but I respect them and someone will love it. Same thing.

Quick Reply: The 2013 Mustang is officially here!