Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 GT Track Pack mini review

Search this Thread

Old 6/11/12, 04:27 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye

Thanks so much brother! Ohh I'm there with you, spent 8 hours last week detailing her. This week, when I got home, my moms dog stood up against the driver side door and slid down swirled the heck out of it. I'll buff it out this week. Otherwise she's swirl free!!

Btw, don't get the 3M scotchguard clear bra, it has orange peel and yellows. Id suggest the Ventureshield or xpel products.
Arrrrgh... Dog slid paws down? Yikes. Yeah hopefully his paws/nails weren't too hard on the paint and that they didn't go thru the clear. You have a buffer right?

As for the clearbra, the yellowing is from the old stuff. The new stuff is just as good as any other brand out there...no yellowing. I had both ventureshield and 3m, no diff. And as far as orangepeel, it covers the front bumper and a small portion of the hood, so can really tell in the small an area.
Old 6/11/12, 05:14 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good review. I keep having a hard time not wanting to trade up for a 2013. Just waiting for a few more things to fall into place before I seriously consider pulling the trigger.
Old 6/11/12, 05:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
You have a buffer right?
You betcha! A buffer along with all the fixins. I got a large Rubbermaid filled with all my detailing supplies. I'm pretty serious about paint and finish.

I'll have to order myself a roll of the 3M stuff and try it out on my tails
Old 7/9/12, 01:22 PM

The electronics pack is very nice and I love it. Dual zone climate keeps my wifey happy. The maps are very helpful and I like that it can display incidents and traffic. I no longer have to fidget with my iPhone while drivng. I am very happy I decided to add the elec. pack. there are too many facets to the system so I wont go into that much detail, in short I love it. I pop in a good movie while waiting on my wife to shop (I also just want the piece of mind that nobody dings my doors in Parking lots)
Sky,

I had a 2011 GT Premium, black on black, 401A interior package, Brembo, HID Pkg and Accessory Group 5 (Louvers, side scoops and hood scoop). I loved it all but the hood scoop (it was warping and pulling up from the hood at the corners), and the seats were absolute torture for me. The solid head rest was always forcing my head forward. I just turned them backward and all the young kids in the neighborhood thought I had style! I had added GT500 exhaust, Steeda rear upper and lower control arms, BMR lower relocation brackets and adjustable pan hard bar, Ford K Springs and GT 500 track pack front sway bar, shocks and struts that I picked up for a song. It drove amazing and you know how well it sounded.

I am in the military and a year long deployment came up so I let her go in February, for almost what I paid for it a year before.

I thought I would go the way of the BMW 3 series when I returned, as that is what my wife drives and it is a refined piece of gear but I miss my GT too much. I have access to a decent Military Ford Program and the price of one, the way I want it is great. Getting ready to place my order in the next few days.

Specs are almost identical to yours. GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, Recaros, Track Package, Accessory Group 1 and rear view camera.

So I am finally to my questions:

1) I really like good lower lumbar support. My 2011 had great lumbar support (the freakin headrest blew!). Not being able to sit in the Recaros, can you tell me if you think the lumbar support is good or semi-comparable to your 2012? I can change to regular seats any time prior to the build date (Mar 2013). I plan on testing them when I am home over Christmas but it sounds like you have similar experience and wanted your opinion.
2) I wasn't planning on going with the electronics package as I prefer my regular old Garmin as it displays the speed limit and current speed next to each other. It sounds petty but it is a great feature as you can quickly see how bad you are breaking the law! I use that feature religiously. Does the Ford navigation display speed limits and/or vehicle speed directly on the screen?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan

Last edited by rlmeskimen; 7/9/12 at 01:24 PM.
Old 7/9/12, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by rlmeskimen

Sky,

I had a 2011 GT Premium, black on black, 401A interior package, Brembo, HID Pkg and Accessory Group 5 (Louvers, side scoops and hood scoop). I loved it all but the hood scoop (it was warping and pulling up from the hood at the corners), and the seats were absolute torture for me. The solid head rest was always forcing my head forward. I just turned them backward and all the young kids in the neighborhood thought I had style! I had added GT500 exhaust, Steeda rear upper and lower control arms, BMR lower relocation brackets and adjustable pan hard bar, Ford K Springs and GT 500 track pack front sway bar, shocks and struts that I picked up for a song. It drove amazing and you know how well it sounded.

I am in the military and a year long deployment came up so I let her go in February, for almost what I paid for it a year before.

I thought I would go the way of the BMW 3 series when I returned, as that is what my wife drives and it is a refined piece of gear but I miss my GT too much. I have access to a decent Military Ford Program and the price of one, the way I want it is great. Getting ready to place my order in the next few days.

Specs are almost identical to yours. GT Premium, Deep Impact Blue, Recaros, Track Package, Accessory Group 1 and rear view camera.

1) I really like good lower lumbar support. My 2011 had great lumbar support (the freakin headrest blew!). Not being able to sit in the Recaros, can you tell me if you think the lumbar support is good or semi-comparable to your 2012? I can change to regular seats any time prior to the build date (Mar 2013). I plan on testing them when I am home over Christmas but it sounds like you have similar experience and wanted your opinion.
2) I wasn't planning on going with the electronics package as I prefer my regular old Garmin as it displays the speed limit and current speed next to each other. It sounds petty but it is a great feature as you can quickly see how bad you are breaking the law! I use that feature religiously. Does the Ford navigation display speed limits and/or vehicle speed directly on the screen?

Thanks for your time.

Ryan
Question wasn't directed at me, but...

1) don't have recaros, but the 401a seats I have do include adjustable lumbar support. It's pretty nice IMO

2) the navi screen doesn't have a speedo, probably because ford assumes you'll use the one in the gauge cluster. There is a cool thread going about how to get the 4.2" LCD screen on the 2013 to show a digital speedo. Very cool little trick!

Anyways - I love my DIB track pack GT and I'm sure you will too! Good luck!
Old 7/9/12, 07:17 PM
V6 Member

nice review and even nicer car
Old 7/10/12, 12:14 AM
Cobra Member

Sky,

Thanks for your time.

Ryan
Hey Ryan,

First off, thanks for your service!!!!!!! I appreciate all the shiz you guys have to go through so that us pansies here can enjoy our whoppers and walmarts hehe. But seriously, thanks.

Nice build on your prior stang. I've always loved 3 series and I still think that a newer 3 series coupe is one hell of a sexy car, however as soon as I turn my car on, I forget all about that. I was close to buying one years ago but got a wrangler instead and turned it into a rock crawler. Traded that for my 12 GT.

The recaros give me great lumbar support. I'm about 6'1", and about size 34. Fortunately, where I live, all the roads are windy mountain roads so I get to test the seats out daily. They support my waist and sides snugly. When I take turns, I notice that my elbows and knees are not bracing my body against the door or center console like in my 12. The track/brembo pack cars have stiffer suspension and gripper tires so you can really push the car around turns, the recaros compliment those attributes very well. That and the fact that I grin every time I look over assures me it was worth the 1600 extra. Plus, if you hate em, you will have no trouble selling them here. My only wish is that they came with suede like the Shelby and boss do. Also, shorter people will have an issue with the harness openings hitting them in the back of the head. I carry a travel pillow for when my wife is riding copilot.

The electronics pack does display road speeds however it won't display the vehicle speed. Every day I am discovering new features with the unit. I love that I can watch a movie while waitin on my wife while she shops. The nav has many great features as well as the rest of the unit. Of course it's not a necessity, however I find myself using it more than I imagined. I don't regret getting it at all. if you can afford it and you will be driving your stang a lot, I'd go and play with it. Or if you have extra time you can access the ford owners manual online and read the thousands of features it has.

Last edited by Sky Hye; 7/10/12 at 12:20 AM.
Old 7/10/12, 12:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ranlan
nice review and even nicer car
Thanks!!!
Old 7/10/12, 12:17 AM
Cobra Member

[QUOTE="ace5ja"]

Question wasn't directed at me, but...

1) don't have recaros, but the 401a seats I have do include adjustable lumbar support. It's pretty nice IMO[/QUOTE

they sure do a good job for semi standard seats. I like that you can adjust the lumbar.
Old 7/10/12, 03:07 PM
V6 Member

The recaros give me great lumbar support. I'm about 6'1", and about size 34. Fortunately, where I live, all the roads are windy mountain roads so I get to test the seats out daily. They support my waist and sides snugly. When I take turns, I notice that my elbows and knees are not bracing my body against the door or center console like in my 12. The track/brembo pack cars have stiffer suspension and gripper tires so you can really push the car around turns, the recaros compliment those attributes very well. That and the fact that I grin every time I look over assures me it was worth the 1600 extra. Plus, if you hate em, you will have no trouble selling them here. My only wish is that they came with suede like the Shelby and boss do. Also, shorter people will have an issue with the harness openings hitting them in the back of the head. I carry a travel pillow for when my wife is riding copilot.
I have a couple of questions about the Recaro's.
First, do the premium cars with recaros also have the harness for the power seats?

I'm curious because I sometimes take longer trips and I don't know how comfortable the recaro's would be for say 5 hours vs the regular premium seats. If I didn't like them, maybe I could swap at least the drivers seat with the regular leather premium seat which has power adjustablilty.

Second, are the seats comfortable for longer trips? If they are that kinda voids my whole first question.

Of course I know this is subjective. I am about the same size as you 6'1" and 34" waist (trying to slim that part down right now haha), and I got to sit in a car with recaros and I thought they felt great, but I only got about 2 mins of seat time though.
Old 7/10/12, 04:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jonny88

I have a couple of questions about the Recaro's.
First, do the premium cars with recaros also have the harness for the power seats?

I'm curious because I sometimes take longer trips and I don't know how comfortable the recaro's would be for say 5 hours vs the regular premium seats. If I didn't like them, maybe I could swap at least the drivers seat with the regular leather premium seat which has power adjustablilty.

Second, are the seats comfortable for longer trips? If they are that kinda voids my whole first question.

Of course I know this is subjective. I am about the same size as you 6'1" and 34" waist (trying to slim that part down right now haha), and I got to sit in a car with recaros and I thought they felt great, but I only got about 2 mins of seat time though.
They are fairly comfy for me. I do have pretty mild back issues due to a crash I was in with my 12' do sometimes I need to get up and move around. That is one advantage of the normal seats, you can vary the lumbar. However, aside from my bad back I have driven 2-3 hours and they are comfy. Of course it's subjective. I do believe that they have the harness in. I will confirm tonight
Old 7/10/12, 08:47 PM

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and put a deposit down and ordered the car.

GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Recaros
Track Pack
Accessory Group 1
Backup Camera

I will try the seats out over Christmas and I can change my order then if needed. Talk about patience. I take delivery of the car on or about 5/31/2013!!
Old 7/10/12, 11:45 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and put a deposit down and ordered the car.

GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Recaros
Track Pack
Accessory Group 1
Backup Camera

I will try the seats out over Christmas and I can change my order then if needed. Talk about patience. I take delivery of the car on or about 5/31/2013!!
Omg. Why so long? Is there a shortage?
Old 7/11/12, 12:14 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Omg. Why so long? Is there a shortage?
Yea for some reason there a tighter supply of Mustangs lately. Theres a few threads floating around about it. I havent checked em out yet but definitely seem something worth reading
Old 7/11/12, 02:40 AM

I won't get it until then as I am deployed and won't return until next May. I ordered the car under a Military program where I lock in the price now and receive the best incentives that occur between now and then. Last month you could get the Brembo Package or the Glass Roof upgrade for free. I am hoping Ford has some stellar model year incentives in September I can apply to my car. The downside is, in May of 2013, I pick up my 2013 car. The upside is it will be a great deal!

Last edited by rlmeskimen; 7/11/12 at 05:07 AM.
Old 7/11/12, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

I won't get it until then as I am deployed and won't return until next May. I ordered the car under a Military program where I lock in the price now and receive the best incentives that occur between now and then. Last month you could get the Brembo Package or the Glass Roof upgrade for free. I am hoping Ford has some stellar model year incentives in September I can apply to my car. The downside is, in May of 2013, I pick up my 2013 car. The upside is it will be a great deal!
Also an amazing car! People seem to underestimate these cars, which I love.
Old 7/14/12, 06:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Sky... Any more new pics lately? You know how much I love your car...lol
Old 7/15/12, 03:17 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sky... Any more new pics lately? You know how much I love your car...lol
Thanks man. Haven't had a chance, been working 11-12 hour days. I may tonight. There are some parking structures I've been eyeing...
Old 7/15/12, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

thumbs up
Old 7/16/12, 06:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the great write up. I feel the same way about mine. My wife still doesn't understand why I didn't just get regular seats. I keep telling her to wait till we go for a drive up on the Blue Ridge Parkway and she will understand. I giggle every time I walk up to the car from the front and see the Recaro lettering.

Quick Reply: 2013 GT Track Pack mini review