Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 11/11/10, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like all new cars the hype will drive up the price and then if (big if on this one) there are some left over the price will come down. I seen the Bullitt go for way more than sticker and then sell for a large discount and the GT500 is the same way. I sure some on here paid a big premium to get their 2011 GT early in the model run.

The best way to buy a Boss is to buy it use a few years down the road; but it is very hard to wait.

TED
Old 11/11/10, 01:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
+1. New GT500's are below MSRP everywhere around here. For example, we have a new '11 GT500 SVTPP Coupe - fully loaded with an MSRP of $57,700 - on sale for $54,950 where I work.
When I said that I saw them here for 9-10k over MSRP, I forgot to say that it was less than a month ago that I saw that. If I were seroiusly considering a gt500, I think that a visit to Kent, Washington would be well worth it. Either way, I would really consider a Boss if I knew I could easily get one here in AZ for 40k. There are way too many great exterior, interior, and engine mods I have seen that I can do instead to warrant me paying more than around 40k for a boss. I do not want to be a negative Nancy, but I think I will stick to a 2012 gt that I will mod like crazy. The gt is just such a great car it is hard to beat. With well over 300 cloud free days per year here, I think I will really enjoy my 2012 gt
Old 11/11/10, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Any indication of a HomeLink or similar garage door opener being available in 2012? I'm hoping that they'll finally live up to the owner's manual and that the parts can be retrofitted to a 2011.
Old 11/11/10, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

^^ i so agreeeeeeeeee!!!!
Old 11/11/10, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hauss1
I just looked at that order guide and I didn't see the sterling gray. I guess they axed it for 2012? That sucks. It kind of puts the pressure on now to buy this year.

yeah u better get on it. i ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago. i love gray. i ordered my 03 Gt in gray and my 2011 Gt in gray.
Old 11/12/10, 11:38 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
Just like all new cars the hype will drive up the price and then if (big if on this one) there are some left over the price will come down. I seen the Bullitt go for way more than sticker and then sell for a large discount and the GT500 is the same way. I sure some on here paid a big premium to get their 2011 GT early in the model run.

The best way to buy a Boss is to buy it use a few years down the road; but it is very hard to wait.

TED
I couldn't agree more. When the Bullitt first appeared on dealer lots in January 2008, my best friend was looking at them and our local dealer wanted $5,000 over sticker. In November, 2008, my friend finally caved and bought one...for $5,000 under sticker. If you want a Boss, I'd walk into a dealership sometime in the Fall of 2012 and you'll pick up one for invoice minus rebates. The Laguna Seca version, however, that might be another story...
Old 11/12/10, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

Maybe, maybe not, it is a gamble. In 1970 I hear that you could pick up a Hemi or 440 Superbird or Daytona for way less than the sticker price; nobody wanted them for street use. I'm sure there are other example of factory specialized cars that did not sell. I remember seeing the 80's Olds 442 or GNX selling for big discounts. I really wanted the 1987 Olds 442 I saw brand new for for thousands off the sticker price but I could not afford it.

It will be interesting to see how the Seca sells.

TED
Old 11/13/10, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Ted in Olympia
Maybe, maybe not, it is a gamble. In 1970 I hear that you could pick up a Hemi or 440 Superbird or Daytona for way less than the sticker price; nobody wanted them for street use. I'm sure there are other example of factory specialized cars that did not sell. I remember seeing the 80's Olds 442 or GNX selling for big discounts. I really wanted the 1987 Olds 442 I saw brand new for for thousands off the sticker price but I could not afford it.

It will be interesting to see how the Seca sells.

TED
Maybe standard GN's sold for discounts, but I highly doubt a GNX has EVER sold for it's original sticker let alone below.
Old 11/13/10, 11:56 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by SVTJayC
Maybe standard GN's sold for discounts, but I highly doubt a GNX has EVER sold for it's original sticker let alone below.
I'm guessing the ones purchased by the FBI did. Just sayin'...
Old 11/13/10, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I'm guessing the ones purchased by the FBI did. Just sayin'...
That's a myth. The FBI never bought any GNX's. The gov't did however buy a number of regal t-types.
Old 11/13/10, 10:28 PM
V6 Member

people keep saying theres no grey, but in the brochure it said there was one, ingot grey
Old 11/13/10, 10:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by armyguy239
people keep saying theres no grey, but in the brochure it said there was one, ingot grey
Ingot Silver. It's a very light silver; not at all similar to Sterling Grey.
Old 11/13/10, 10:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
There is no grey; I guarantee it. There is ingot silver, though, which is a bright silver color.
Old 11/14/10, 10:11 AM
V6 Member

ah yes, but isnt silver a lighter and shinier shade of grey
Old 11/14/10, 06:30 PM

ah yes, but isnt silver a lighter and shinier shade of grey
Umm, sure. Just link pink is a lighter and shinier shade of red.
Old 11/14/10, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Umm, sure. Just link pink is a lighter and shinier shade of red.

now thats funny sheet right there
Old 11/15/10, 02:12 AM
Bullitt Member

I just now noticed that the BOSS has cloth seats in the PDF. I know I miss stuff, but I just always assumed that since the GT had leather, the Boss would, too.

<rant> I like the strengthened engine parts, but there are so many aftermarket pistons, rods, and other engine parts already available that it is really only that red race key feature that supposedly gives this a "Jeckyl/Hyde" personality that I find truly unique and worth something. I like the leather, headlights and colors from the GT. I see no point to pay so much more for a car that comes with cloth seats and deleted lights. I know that I did not really want the car, but I would at least consider it. Sorry, but the cloth seats are a deal breaker for me. Leather wears far better over time, and just plain looks better. You can keep your Boss!! I will change my own pistons if I ever want to bad enough.
</rant>

Sorry about the rant, I just had to vent. Earlier on this thread, someone had mentioned that the Lava Red might be available with a different color leather seat in the GT Premium. The PDF floating around skips the GT premium and some other models. Does anyone know if the GT premium is available with Lava Red, and some other seat color than what we have seen in 2011?
Old 11/15/10, 03:27 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
I just now noticed that the BOSS has cloth seats in the PDF. I know I miss stuff, but I just always assumed that since the GT had leather, the Boss would, too.

<rant> I like the strengthened engine parts, but there are so many aftermarket pistons, rods, and other engine parts already available that it is really only that red race key feature that supposedly gives this a "Jeckyl/Hyde" personality that I find truly unique and worth something. I like the leather, headlights and colors from the GT. I see no point to pay so much more for a car that comes with cloth seats and deleted lights. I know that I did not really want the car, but I would at least consider it. Sorry, but the cloth seats are a deal breaker for me. Leather wears far better over time, and just plain looks better. You can keep your Boss!! I will change my own pistons if I ever want to bad enough.
</rant>

Sorry about the rant, I just had to vent. Earlier on this thread, someone had mentioned that the Lava Red might be available with a different color leather seat in the GT Premium. The PDF floating around skips the GT premium and some other models. Does anyone know if the GT premium is available with Lava Red, and some other seat color than what we have seen in 2011?
I'll take the 1500$ they charge for leather and put that towards my performance options. You'll probably be upset to know the Boss also won't come with a Shaker system, or any of the other convenience features.

The premium interior with Lava Red has plum coloured inserts.
Old 11/15/10, 05:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This car has cloth because leather surfaces are too slippery under high performance cornering conditions. This is in keeping with the intent of the car's usage.
Old 11/15/10, 07:51 AM

Earlier on this thread, someone had mentioned that the Lava Red might be available with a different color leather seat in the GT Premium. The PDF floating around skips the GT premium and some other models. Does anyone know if the GT premium is available with Lava Red, and some other seat color than what we have seen in 2011?
Lava Red paint can be had with several interior colors in 2012, including a new leather interior color described as Charcoal / Plum. The Charcoal / Plum is NOT a 401A Premier Interior. It is available on all other Premium models of V6 & GT models. So, if you want it on a GT, you'll have to order a 400A code Premium GT. The Charcoal / Plum leather is only available with the Lava Red paint from what I can tell.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 11/15/10 at 07:52 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?