Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/11, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have any more info on the 2012 reverse sensing? I was told it could be implemented behind the bumper or like the Tarus's but have heard that it will likely share the same parts as the Focus/Fusion. I really like the feature but not sure I like the look of most of them

Sad thing is I likely need them, I back out of the garage every day and I can't tell you how many times there has been a bike just outside of my sight. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited by vistablue mustang; 2/23/11 at 10:08 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Got my window sticker online for my Mustang GT premium with Lava Red and brembo brakes, can't wait to see the combo. I have a build date of 2/28.

If you want to check if your window sticker is available go to
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ZVBP8CF2XXXXXX fill in your vin at the end and see what happens, yesterday mine was not there but it showed up this morning

Is there anyone else that has a window sticker and build date?
Old 2/23/11, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Anyone have any more info on the 2012 reverse sensing? I was told it could be implemented behind the bumper or like the Tarus's but have heard that it will likely share the same parts as the Focus/Fusion. I really like the feature but not sure I like the look of most of them
According to the part listing the sensors are mounted in the diffuser. Unfortunately that throws a monkeywrench in my plans to use the GT500 diffuser I already bought ...

https://themustangsource.com/f726/wa...ffuser-491486/
Old 2/23/11, 10:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by firebottle
Just Got my window sticker online for my Mustang GT premium with Lava Red and brembo brakes, can't wait to see the combo. I have a build date of 2/28.

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ZVBP8CF2XXXXXX fill in your vin at the end and see what happens, yesterday mine was not there but it showed up this morning

Would love to have my VIN and try to get the window sticker I guess I still have to wait... The minus 19 degrees this morning helped me be patient. Winter in La Belle Province is long when you order a brand new Stang
Old 2/23/11, 10:49 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
According to the part listing the sensors are mounted in the diffuser. Unfortunately that throws a monkeywrench in my plans to use the GT500 diffuser I already bought ...

https://themustangsource.com/f726/wa...ffuser-491486/
I am sorry to hear about your troubles (perhaps there is a work around once we get a better look at it), but this is great news for me, if I understand this correctly they are mounting them on the lower matte plastic between the mufflers correct? If so thats great I was worried they would ruin the clean look of the bumper. Thanks to whoever at Ford had the common sense to do this!

Last edited by vistablue mustang; 2/23/11 at 11:17 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 11:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
I am sorry to hear about your troubles (perhaps there is a work around once we get a better look at it), but this is great news for me, if I understand this correctly they are mounting them on the lower matte plastic between the mufflers correct? If so thats great I was worried they would ruin the clean look of the bumper. Thanks to whoever at Ford had the common sense to do this!
Don't get me wrong -- I prefer them being there given a choice; I was just surprised that they did it considering where they put the sensors historically. Which is why I had went ahead and ordered the diffuser.

I only wish the 2012 Shelby had the sensors; then I could use THAT diffuser ...

Last edited by OAC_Sparky; 2/23/11 at 11:33 AM.
Old 2/23/11, 11:29 AM
GT Member

Congrats Firebottle. I am jealous. Post pics when you get it! Hopefully I'll get a vin one of these days.
Old 2/25/11, 10:36 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Don't get me wrong -- I prefer them being there given a choice; I was just surprised that they did it considering where they put the sensors historically. Which is why I had went ahead and ordered the diffuser.

I only wish the 2012 Shelby had the sensors; then I could use THAT diffuser ...
Believe me I hear you and I sympathize, nothing sucks like wasting money. Still at least it shows that engineers are giving more thought into the look of vehicles and in this specific instance, treating the Mustang like more then a regular run of the mill car.
Old 3/4/11, 08:13 PM

Here are two pictures of the Lava Red Mustang 5.0 with Brembo
Attached Images   
Old 3/5/11, 03:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Your car looks FREAKIN AMMMMAZING!!

Congrats!!!!!
Old 3/5/11, 04:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my window sticker the Build date was 2/18/11
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WindowSticker7.pdf (145.0 KB, 284 views)