Search this Thread

Old 3/16/10 | 02:34 PM
GTR Member

But not a bad effort. Not a bad effort at all

Old 3/16/10 | 02:38 PM
Post *****

**** that looks goooood

needs some bigger brakes though lol. huge gaps

Last edited by future9er24; 4/2/10 at 11:14 AM.
Old 3/16/10 | 06:44 PM
Cobra Member

OMG, that is just sick!! I'm not a big fan of the shaker but that is one sharp Boss!!
Old 3/16/10 | 07:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by WaltM
Now that I've given it more thought, You are correct. I guess I'm more "fixed" on 69-70 Boss' and used to to 71-73 Machs...
Now what is that suppose to mean, "fixed", and "used to" , aren't the '69 the best looking Mach's.
Old 3/16/10 | 10:55 PM

Yes very nice job! I have seen the door panels with the running pony on them, any one else? In Chrome.
Old 3/17/10 | 10:19 AM
GT Member

Boss

sweet!! are those stripes the Boss stripes for the 2009 or a new stipe for the 2010?? Thanks!
Old 3/17/10 | 08:18 PM

deleted ...

Last edited by dascoyne; 3/17/10 at 08:28 PM.
Old 3/17/10 | 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
But not a bad effort. Not a bad effort at all

Sorry, I couldn't post right away as I just shorted my keyboard from the release of bodily fluids...that look absolutely great.

Dave
Old 3/18/10 | 12:18 AM
V6 Member

I'm not a fan of the black plastic piece between the tail lights (paint would be better) and I can take-it-or-leave-it on the shaker hood, but otherwise I wouldn't complain if someone dropped that car in my driveway.
Old 3/18/10 | 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I knew I'd seen this look before.......a company called Autosports did this bodykit for the 2005-2009. It included a longer hood for the shark nose. I love the rear side window covers too, mimicking the '69. Oh for the 2011 to have some sheetmetal changes to the enable a change to these windows (I know, it's not going to happen!)

[/QUOTE]

The Screaming Yellow Mustang is equipped with our parts, looks good!
Old 3/18/10 | 01:11 PM

Not bad, but overall strikes more more Mach I than Boss. The Mach I always struck me as the flashier red-light racer/boulevard cruiser while the various Boss models were far more serious and toned-down road/track racers (though the 302s could be tarted up through injudicious use of the option sheet)

Details:

Shaker hood: made sense in '69 with a carb'ed engine, makes no sense in '12 with a FI motor - basically useless ornamentation that ought not to be part of a serious Boss road racer. Looks like it was yanked off whole from some unsuspecting '69 and just looks, in its styling details, incongruous with the '10s styling. If there just has to be a shaker hood, at least update its styling.

Side stripes: Been there, done that. Central to the Boss ethos was that each one was very different, graphically, whether year to year or model to model. I think the only really consistant graphic element was the Boss font, and I could be wrong there.

Blackout Hood: That makes a bit of sense, functionally (cuts down on glare). Maybe a more subtle tone-on-tone effect to update this design idiom.

Bullitt wheels: On a Boss? Hasn't this Bullitt wheel idiom been used to death the past 10 years - 0 novelty here. Ford should develop some unique Boss wheels, not reuse the Bullitt wheels yet again.

Rear filler panel: That definitely improves the rather ungainly contouring of the current panel twixt the tail lights.

Rear spoiler: Now this rear spoiler looks like it might actually do something, quite in contrast to the '05-'09 GT spoiler which was just a look-fast bauble rather than a true go-fast element. This functionality would be in keeping with a serious, functional character of a Boss (rather than being just a flashy boulevard show-boat).

Interior: Obviously pretty stock and looking more like a flashy luxo ride than a road/track racer with its light color and chrome everything. First order, swap in a set of serious Recaros. Then replace all the chrome bits with darker matte metallic or black bits.

Personally I hope any new Boss captures the original 302's (and 351's) road and track racer ethos but not regurgitate specific retro-design elements. The original Boss's were forward rather than backward looking and were generally pretty toned down, the 429s especially, as befitting the serious driving tools that they were.
Old 4/1/10 | 06:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
Not bad, but overall strikes more more Mach I than Boss. The Mach I always struck me as the flashier red-light racer/boulevard cruiser while the various Boss models were far more serious and toned-down road/track racers (though the 302s could be tarted up through injudicious use of the option sheet)

Details:

Shaker hood: made sense in '69 with a carb'ed engine, makes no sense in '12 with a FI motor - basically useless ornamentation that ought not to be part of a serious Boss road racer. Looks like it was yanked off whole from some unsuspecting '69 and just looks, in its styling details, incongruous with the '10s styling. If there just has to be a shaker hood, at least update its styling.

Side stripes: Been there, done that. Central to the Boss ethos was that each one was very different, graphically, whether year to year or model to model. I think the only really consistant graphic element was the Boss font, and I could be wrong there.

Blackout Hood: That makes a bit of sense, functionally (cuts down on glare). Maybe a more subtle tone-on-tone effect to update this design idiom.

Bullitt wheels: On a Boss? Hasn't this Bullitt wheel idiom been used to death the past 10 years - 0 novelty here. Ford should develop some unique Boss wheels, not reuse the Bullitt wheels yet again.

Rear filler panel: That definitely improves the rather ungainly contouring of the current panel twixt the tail lights.

Rear spoiler: Now this rear spoiler looks like it might actually do something, quite in contrast to the '05-'09 GT spoiler which was just a look-fast bauble rather than a true go-fast element. This functionality would be in keeping with a serious, functional character of a Boss (rather than being just a flashy boulevard show-boat).

Interior: Obviously pretty stock and looking more like a flashy luxo ride than a road/track racer with its light color and chrome everything. First order, swap in a set of serious Recaros. Then replace all the chrome bits with darker matte metallic or black bits.

Personally I hope any new Boss captures the original 302's (and 351's) road and track racer ethos but not regurgitate specific retro-design elements. The original Boss's were forward rather than backward looking and were generally pretty toned down, the 429s especially, as befitting the serious driving tools that they were.
We will see in 2013 or 14
Old 4/1/10 | 07:16 PM
GT Member

"Personally I hope any new Boss captures the original 302's (and 351's) road and track racer ethos but not regurgitate specific retro-design elements. The original Boss's were forward rather than backward looking and were generally pretty toned down, the 429s especially, as befitting the serious driving tools that they were."

The Boss 302's were toned down????? Let's see, shaker hood scoop, loud BOSS 302 stripes, blackout tailight panel, rear window slats, front and rear spoilers and gorgeous Magnum 500 wheels. Some of these were options, but they were all factory.

According to your Boss specs above, you can order the very car you described right now at your Ford dealer. What could be more toned down than the 5.0, six speed, Brembo equipped Mustang GT? There is not a lot more you can do to the GT already performance wise, other than retro design elements and a tweak here, a tweak there. You've got the GT 500 10 grand more loaded, so maybe you've got $5000 to work with over the Mustang GT. Add ADM and why not just buy the Shelby? If it's priced too close to the Shelby, they will just steal sales from each other.
If a road racer is what you want, there is already the Boss 302R. So I guess I disagree. I say give me some style. The GT is already understated. If I gonna pay more, I would like it to be reconizable as a Boss 302. I guarantee you it will be styled after the 302R, with maybe 20/30 more HP. You know, race on Sunday, in showrooms on Monday. Racing is about generating showroom traffic, and excitment. I'll take mine in Grabber orange!

Last edited by windsor202; 4/1/10 at 07:19 PM.
Old 4/2/10 | 09:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jacostang
Yes very nice job! I have seen the door panels with the running pony on them, any one else? In Chrome.
That's the 401A interior package.
Old 4/4/10 | 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Adam2004
That's the 401A interior package.
Thanks!!