2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2011 Rapid Spec packages

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/10, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 Rapid Spec packages

Does anyone have any pictures showing the Rapid Spec 202A (Pony Package) and the 203 (Mustang Club of America Special Edition) on the 2011?

Any opinions on them welcome too.

Last edited by bsoa123; 3/13/10 at 11:49 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 08:16 AM

here is a picture of MCA edition mustang
Their is more at http://www.motortrend.com/multimedia...ery/index.html
Old 3/14/10, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The Pony package is a carry over from 2010, and there are tons of them on dealer lots or you can also build one on Ford's web site to see one in your desired color combo.

There are pictures in the TMS Photo Gallery of 2010 V6 Pony pkg's in various colors and 2011 V6 MCA (all V6 pics in here are actually MCA models, Silver car just did not have the side stripes applied yet on the early pics).

Motor Trend's "test ride" video is in a Silver MCA Edition Coupe ...
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ide/index.html

There is also nice video of a Red Pony Pkg. Coupe w/ HID headlamps here ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEqGxttNKbM

Doug
Old 3/14/10, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Forgot to add my "opinion" ...

If you want to get away from the cheasy "T" Speed* rated (118 MPH) "Touring Tires", then either the Pony or MCA pkg. is a MUST as both packages include with the GT's "W" Speed rated (168 MPH) Pirelli PZero Nero Ultra High Performance All Season Tires.

* Note that due to these "T" rated tires, base V6 Mustangs will be electronically limited to 115 MPH. But when equipped with the "W" rated tires, it is my understanding that V6 cars will have the same 149 MPH limitation as a GT. A 115 MPH limiter would NOT be a problem for me (and most people), but I do regularly see 75-85 MPH, and maybe 95 MPH ocasionally and don't like the idea of ever being up at 64-80% of a tires max speed capacity. The thought of being at only 44% of a tire's max speed when cruising at 75 MPH is just so much more comforting to me.

Both packages come with the same basic 18" wheels ...
Pony has them in a "Bright Polished" finish
vs.
MCA has them in a "Dark Charcoal Painted" finish

Both have side stripes ...
Pony comes with White or Black Lower Side Stripes (or delete at N/C)
vs.
MCA comes with unique Satin Black Side Stripes and Blacked-Out Taillight panel

Both have unique grills ...
Pony has large hexagon black plastic grill with Chrome '67 style corral & spears
vs.
MCA has billet look grill painted Dark Stainless with offset pony emblem

The rest of the content of these two pkg's is the same ...
Rear Spoiler
Lower Bumper Fog Lamps
Body Color Exterior Mirrors
Auto Headlamps
Premium Carpeted Floor Mats

For 2010, you could get the Rear Spoiler / Stripe pkg. (201A) and 18" wheel/tire pkg. (649) for $790 additional ... so basically the rest of the Pony / MCA package content is only costing you an additional $205.

Well worth it IMO, especially since the 18" wheel/tire pkg. appears to have been eliminated for 2011 per the Price Guide.

I'm not much of a "Chrome look" guy on late model cars, so I don't care for the Bright Pony pkg. wheels or the retro '67 style grill.

I ordered the MCA pkg. because it is more to my taste ... I think the grill would look better if it were just plain "Black Plastic" ('70 Mustang look) instead of Dark Stainless, but that's about it.

Doug

Last edited by orange3.9stang; 3/14/10 at 01:18 PM.
Old 3/14/10, 04:37 PM

Thanks I actually checked out the pony package on the 2010 right after I posted. Its nice, but Im loving the look of the MCA package right now. The grill looks great and I like the fog lights too. Thx for the great info on the wheels too.

Question about the wheels though. The order guide i was looking at from Jeff says "18"x8" Sterling Gray Metallic Painted Aluminum Wheels" but you said they are "Dark Charcoal Painted." Is there an option for 2 colors or is that just 2 names for the same color? Im still undecided on a color yet, trying to choose between Sterling Grey and Black.
Old 3/14/10, 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by bsoa123
Thanks I actually checked out the pony package on the 2010 right after I posted. Its nice, but Im loving the look of the MCA package right now. The grill looks great and I like the fog lights too. Thx for the great info on the wheels too.

Question about the wheels though. The order guide i was looking at from Jeff says "18"x8" Sterling Gray Metallic Painted Aluminum Wheels" but you said they are "Dark Charcoal Painted." Is there an option for 2 colors or is that just 2 names for the same color? Im still undecided on a color yet, trying to choose between Sterling Grey and Black.
You're right on the wheel color, I was typing by memory and confused the interior color for the wheel color.

Sterling Grey was one of my original choices, but after seeing it in person along side the Kona I ruled it out. That and I'd think the wheel color having the "same name" probably = "same color" and did not what the wheels color matched to the body. Sometimes the color "keyed wheels look" can be good, but I would have had to see an MCA in person like this to help me decide.

Black with the Satin Black Stripes & Taillight panel would look pretty stealthy and the combo should look good with the sterling grey wheels too.

Doug