Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 VIDEO IS UP!!!!!! and is REVEALED

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/08, 06:10 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by zzcoop
Oh, god, did you have to remind us all of that AWFUL scene?!?!
Old 12/4/08, 01:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
X2, lol.
Old 12/4/08, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/4/08, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Eights
I'd love to hear Hau Tai-Tang's unofficial comments on the '10- but personally I think his crew captured the 'mustang' look better 5 years ago... the tapered taillights especially look out of place- perhaps a aftermarket bumper/lenses will come along, but again, time will tell."
Hau Thai-Thang's engineering team translated the design from the Ford Mustang styling team into a manufactuable product for the 2005 launch. The lead designer, Doug Gaffka, has been in charge of Mustang styling through the entire S197 run, 2005 to now 2010. I believe he also he has been involved in the SN-95 "New Edge" ('99-'04) cars.

The stylists were the ones leading the change in direction of the look, not the Mustang Chief Engineers (either Hau Thai-Tang or Paul Randle).

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 12/4/08 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12/4/08, 12:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets Fight...
Old 12/4/08, 07:20 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by TampaBear67

Lets Fight...
Old 12/4/08, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Hau Thai-Thang's engineering team translated the design from the Ford Mustang styling team into a manufactuable product for the 2005 launch. The lead designer, Doug Gaffka, has been in charge of Mustang styling through the entire S197 run, 2005 to now 2010. I believe he also he has been involved in the SN-95 "New Edge" ('99-'04) cars.

The stylists were the ones leading the change in direction of the look, not the Mustang Chief Engineers (either Hau Thai-Tang or Paul Randle).
Tony Alonso: Thanks, Tony! I wonder if Tang has gotten any special projects underway in Brazil? An eight-tenths scale S197 powered by the 3.5 EcoBoost would be hot!

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 12/4/08, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso

Tony Alonso: Thanks, Tony! I wonder if Tang has gotten any special projects underway in Brazil? An eight-tenths scale S197 powered by the 3.5 EcoBoost would be hot!

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 12/5/08, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 12/5/08, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zzcoop
I'm 32, so you make the call. I get what you're saying, but I think your criticism is juuuuuust a bit over the top. I feel like I need a nap after trudging through your rambling posts. Maybe if you'd simply make your point without trying so hard to be clever and witty... like a bad Dave Barry impression. It doesn't enhance your argument in any way. But I digress. And a bit of a geezer, if you ask me!
zzcoop: Excuse me, but Dave Barry does bad Greg Ates impressions...

My arguments aren't meant to enhance--they're meant to inform and to enrage. From what I read in this thread, I'm pretty damned good at it, too--if I do (modestly) say so myself! Shucks (blush)!

"And a bit of a geezer, if you ask me!" A bit of that, too! But it provides the advantage that I was lusting for Mustangs long before you young whippersnappers were born--I've seen the highs ('64-'70 & '05-'09) and the lows (the bloated '71s-'73s, the cutesy '74s-'78s, the drab Foxes, the two-door Tauruses...) and the in-betweens (the "New Edge" Mustangs) and I know right when I see right. I'd love to say that the 2010 is the most beautiful Mustang ever, but I've been under oath since I gave statements at my last arrest back in August.

Greg "The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth So Help Me God" Ates
Old 12/5/08, 04:28 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Eights
zzcoop: Excuse me, but Dave Barry does bad Greg Ates impressions...

My arguments aren't meant to enhance--they're meant to inform and to enrage. From what I read in this thread, I'm pretty damned good at it, too--if I do (modestly) say so myself! Shucks (blush)!

"And a bit of a geezer, if you ask me!" A bit of that, too! But it provides the advantage that I was lusting for Mustangs long before you young whippersnappers were born--I've seen the highs ('64-'70 & '05-'09) and the lows (the bloated '71s-'73s, the cutesy '74s-'78s, the drab Foxes, the two-door Tauruses...) and the in-betweens (the "New Edge" Mustangs) and I know right when I see right. I'd love to say that the 2010 is the most beautiful Mustang ever, but I've been under oath since I gave statements at my last arrest back in August.

Greg "The Truth, The Whole Truth, And Nothing But The Truth So Help Me God" Ates
Well, then let's try this a different way: Which would you rather have, the bloated '71s-'73s, the cutesy '74s-'78s, the drab Foxes, the two-door Tauruses...or a 2010?
Old 12/8/08, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, then let's try this a different way: Which would you rather have, the bloated '71s-'73s, the cutesy '74s-'78s, the drab Foxes, the two-door Tauruses...or a 2010?
Hollywood_North GT: Good comeback, Buddy! This is a tough one, since the answer would be affected by whether or not the Cobra Rs were included. Of these five, the 2010 is certainly more advanced--having been derived rather artlessly from the best Mustang ever built. But being more advanced and being more desirable aren't necessarily the same thing. See below.

First of all, I'd take a "New Edge" Mustang over any of the five you've listed--starting with a Cobra R, dropping to a Mach 1, settling for a regular Mustang GT if the first two aren't choices.

But of the five you actually listed, I narrowed it down to this:

If the 351 Cobra R is a choice under "rather have", then I'd go with a two-door Taurus. Also, if the two-door Taurus is one of those ex-Bondurant-driving-school (I think it was Bob Bondurant who sold off a small fleet of orange two-door Taurus Mustangs about a decade ago), then I'd go with that if the 351 Cobra R is out.

Greg "Eights" Ates
Old 12/8/08, 05:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs down Ridiculous

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Call me whatever you want. It's hideous. It looks like a squished version of the current one.
Absolutely one of the most ridiculous cars I've ever seen ...

A Ford Mustang with a Chevy hood ... LOL ... What's next ... a Chevy engine ... ???

The ugliest rear design since the Fairmont ...

NO ENGINE OPTIONS ... BUT DANG ... PLENTY OF RICER PHONE TOYS AND RADIO GADGETS IN THE INTERIOR ... WOW ... I'M IMPRESSED ...

There sure isn't going to be one in my driveway ... They got to be on DRUGS ... AND THEY WANT A BAIL-OUT ... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ... ????
Old 12/8/08, 05:06 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by TXBLUOVAL

A Ford Mustang with a Chevy hood ... LOL ... What's next ... a Chevy engine ... ???

NO ENGINE OPTIONS ... BUT DANG ... PLENTY OF RICER PHONE TOYS AND RADIO GADGETS IN THE INTERIOR ... WOW ... I'M IMPRESSED ...

There sure isn't going to be one in my driveway ... They got to be on DRUGS ... AND THEY WANT A BAIL-OUT ... WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ... ????
One word: decaf.

Oh yeah...and the 2010 Mustang is the most beautiful sculpture ever committed to metal.

Old 12/9/08, 10:13 PM
Banned

But....as taxpayers, we have to bail them out or it might delay the next new design. I'm sure they are hard at work designing the next generation because I'm certain this one isn't going to last nearly as long as the '05 design did. That will be a testament to the popularity of the '05 design. I give the 2010 maybe 3 years at best before Ford pulls the plug and moves on to something more visually appealing. No matter how you cut it, the 2010 body style isn't going to even come close to matching the '05 design in sales.
Old 12/10/08, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Finally! A worthy response to that "GANGSTER HOT" post!

Well done, my good sir!

Last edited by zzcoop; 12/10/08 at 06:29 AM.