2010 Rear Sway Bar Links - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2010-2014 Mustang News on the Previous Generation Mustang

2010 Rear Sway Bar Links

Old 6/22/18, 05:13 PM   #1  

2010 Rear Sway Bar Links

Good evening everyone!
This is my first post on here, and I had a question regarding my 2010 gt rear sway bar links.

The old ones needed to be replaced and the new ones that I put on are not as tight (rubber fitting isn't as tight on the bar). I have a 22mm sway bar and even measured it out (22.6mm).

After measuring the inside of my new MOOG K750139's, the diameter is about 25.2mm on one and 24.7mm on the other. So my questions is, did I receive 2 defective products that are the wrong size? Or is it normal for there to be a little bit of play between the rubber and the bar so people can slide it on without an issue?

Thanks for your time!

-Tyler
DevTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 6/22/18, 06:13 PM   #2  
EF1
Mach 1 Member

The sway bar diameter was dependent on which model mustang you have, for example the GT had bigger sway bars than the V6's. The sway bar end link bushings should fit snuggly. it sounds like the bushings you have a for a larger diameter sway bar.
EF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EF1 For This Useful Post:
DevTyler (6/22/18)
Old 6/22/18, 06:56 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply! I ordered 22mm links, and I'll double check the part number. Is it normal for there to be a little bit of play?
DevTyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/23/18, 12:15 PM   #4  
EF1
Mach 1 Member

The should fit snuggly. Play leads to clunks and rattles. I have the Steeda end links/bushings and there is no play at all. Others have had issues in getting bushings to fit the stock sway bars and end links. Some have purchased after market end links and bushings such as the ones from Steeda. They will provide the proper size bushings if you specify the correct size.
EF1 is offline   Reply With Quote