GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

FRPP rear sway bar links question?

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FRPP rear sway bar links question?

OK, I was just loctiting the front sway bar links they are nice and tight. I wanted to look at the lube points etc. I was looking at the rear sway bar with the nice billet links on the back, and there dont seem to be any grease points. It has some superthick/silicone type grease applied from the factory, but dont these things ever get relubed. I dont see any areas that you actually pump into those links. The links on the end have them and the front ones I think have grease fittings, what gives, any more info, or do you just have to take them apart when you want to relube. Thanks for any hints. These are the upgraded swaybars from frpp, thanks
Old 4/4/07, 01:17 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't know what the "proper" method is to grease these, but I use a syringe end on the grease gun, and slide this into the (almost nonexistant) gap between the bushing and the swaybar, then apply grease. Be careful not to bend the syringe end when trying to fit it between the bushing & bar.

Most of it just flows out and away from the bushing, so I just press the grease w/ my finger back up against the bushing, and smear it around the bushing on the swaybar. Do this on both sides of each bushing.

This stopped mine from squeaking.

I haven't been able to get to the upper bushings on the link but they're not making noise so I'm praying for the best.
Old 4/4/07, 08:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm, seems weird they wouldnt add some lube points for them. If you undo them is it hard to get them back together, I have not messed with them at all, just thinking in advance. thanks for the tip. I guess I need a mini lube gun with a nice sharp injector end.
Old 4/4/07, 09:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sodaman
Hmmm, seems weird they wouldnt add some lube points for them. If you undo them is it hard to get them back together, I have not messed with them at all, just thinking in advance. thanks for the tip. I guess I need a mini lube gun with a nice sharp injector end.

I just don't want to take them apart, I don't have a lift so I'm not sure I could get them back together if I had to completely unload the rear suspension to make them fit back together.

You don't need a special grease gun, just a $5 syringe-end fitting for normal grease guns that you can get at any CSK or Autozone.