2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010 Nascar tease

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/09 | 04:00 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

If you don't like oval racing then don't watch NASCAR, it's as simple as that.

There are plenty other forms of motor-sport that race cars and tracks that fit description of motor-sports that you like (F1, WRC, BTCC, WTCC, V8 Supercars, Grand Am, American Le Mans ...).
Old 10/21/09 | 08:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Amen
Old 10/24/09 | 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by bpmurr
What a joke. If NASCAR was smart they'd go back to using the actual cars. Having some Mustang stickers on the car doesn't make it better then the current Fusion.
Agreed x 10000000
Old 10/24/09 | 08:07 PM
GT Member

Some of you guys are clearly ignorant about racing. how can you own a mustang gt or gt500 and know so little about what it takes to be fast?....

Last edited by kona stang10; 10/24/09 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10/25/09 | 12:10 AM

If you don't like oval racing then don't watch NASCAR, it's as simple as that.

There are plenty other forms of motor-sport that race cars and tracks that fit description of motor-sports that you like (F1, WRC, BTCC, WTCC, V8 Supercars, Grand Am, American Le Mans ...).
thank you, geez. so much hate for NASCAR.
Old 10/25/09 | 03:17 AM
Cobra Member

I don't like NASCAR because they don't use STOCK CARS, their very namesake. That is simply ludicrous to me. I long for the NASCAR of the '50s and '60s. Now the whole thing is a farce and it doesn't help that they're basically the WWE of the racing world. They are seemingly just as concerned, if not more so, with highlighting prima donna driver personalities, theatrics and putting on a show than the racing itself. Of course this might be because a typical NASCAR race itself, up to the final 10 laps or so and aside from the occasional crash, is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Oh, and heaven forbid they race in the rain.
Old 10/25/09 | 06:53 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

its my turn to say "Amen". I was not saying I hate nascar. I simply feel they have gotten away from the point.

"Some of you guys are clearly ignorant about racing. how can you own a mustang gt or gt500 and know so little about what it takes to be fast?.... "

To be honest it does not matter to me if they go 50 mph slower. To see a race series with truly stock cars would really let ever one know where a auto maker stands. Would you like to see your favorite drive jump in a car like yours plus a roll cage and a fire system? Would the race be that much worse if they went a little slower?

Last edited by Flagstang; 10/25/09 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10/25/09 | 09:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
its my turn to say "Amen". I was not saying I hate nascar. I simply feel they have gotten away from the point.

"Some of you guys are clearly ignorant about racing. how can you own a mustang gt or gt500 and know so little about what it takes to be fast?.... "

To be honest it does not matter to me if they go 50 mph slower. To see a race series with truly stock cars would really let ever one know where a auto maker stands. Would you like to see your favorite drive jump in a car like yours plus a roll cage and a fire system? Would the race be that much worse if they went a little slower?
As has been said before, there are other series that do that. Thats also what the typical short track racer does, gets an old pontiac, ford or chevy, guts the interior, welds in a cage and races on the weekend at the "local" short track.

You are right that NASCAR has gotten away from the original idea... and away from the deaths that occured. If they tried using actual bodies, parts, etc. it would be more like F1, when cars bump, parts fly and their day is over. With NASCAR, they can bump, blow tires, spin and even bounce off the wall and still be able to continue. If the field went from 43 to 7 running by the end of the race, what would be the point...

I personally would not watch if they were 50 MPH slower, cause I could go just as fast with my daily driver, so why would I watch someone else do what I could do. The entire reason to watch sports is the extrodianary feats and not mediocoraty.
Old 10/25/09 | 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I don't like NASCAR because they don't use STOCK CARS, their very namesake. That is simply ludicrous to me. I long for the NASCAR of the '50s and '60s. Now the whole thing is a farce and it doesn't help that they're basically the WWE of the racing world. They are seemingly just as concerned, if not more so, with highlighting prima donna driver personalities, theatrics and putting on a show than the racing itself. Of course this might be because a typical NASCAR race itself, up to the final 10 laps or so and aside from the occasional crash, is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Oh, and heaven forbid they race in the rain.
NASCAR's job is to inspect the cars and ensure that all cars are under thresholds for engine power, suspension geometry etc. They also use flags to control the race so that the drivers can participate as safely as possible. NASCAR does not promote driver personalities. The media does that, and as they are trying to create a "story" there job is to hype it up to attract attention. NASCAR is also not responsible for the racing that occurs. NASCAR is just like the referies in any other sport.

And is NASCAR racing not entertainment??? I thought that a sport was supposed to "put on a show", and if it din't, no one would come or watch it...

I not trying to be a pain in the a.. I am just trying to provide others with info so that they understand why things are the way they are.

Last edited by YSUsteven; 10/25/09 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10/25/09 | 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Indeed. NASCAR is a joke.
Originally Posted by shooterm1
yes! its a joke - for all of those reasons and many more ........

BRING BACK STOCK CAR RACING
Originally Posted by bpmurr
What a joke. If NASCAR was smart they'd go back to using the actual cars. Having some Mustang stickers on the car doesn't make it better then the current Fusion.
Originally Posted by 06GT
Agreed x 10000000
If they did bring back "stock cars" people would die, regularly. I don't know anyone that watches a sport hoping that they will see someone die.

Making a car 200MPH capable and safe is not as simple as welding in a cage and adding a seat.

And its also a lot harder to drive one of those cars fast than the average person thinks...

Last edited by YSUsteven; 10/25/09 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10/25/09 | 10:11 PM

finally, some one that gets it (YSUsteven). plus it would COMPLETLY change the rules & cost the teams way too much money just to go to fuel inj. not to mention (i would assume) it would be harder for NASCAR to monitor FI & ALL the electronics that go with it. go watch other series if you don't like it.

& just for the record i like all types of motorsports, not just NASCAR.
Old 10/26/09 | 05:11 AM
Post *****

There is nothing wrong with the chassis/engine (aside from no air jacks, and no fuel injection), but how about deleting the spec body templates. That is my main issue. (And I know, I know . . . . how hard it would be to have non-spec body panels, and it wouldn't be fair to the smaller teams, etc., etc., etc.) And I think it is a weak argument stating that NASCAR couldn't monitor fuel injection and it would drive up costs. If they really want to help save costs why not create or designate a spec engine (ASA?).

Let's have some distinction.

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 10/26/09 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10/26/09 | 07:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I've been watching NASCAR since I was about 18 and I've seen it change quite a bit. I've also seen drivers die while watching. I believe much of what they've done is to protect the guys, but what they've also done is create a fairly boring venue where having all the same stuff sets it up that 3 teams or so are in the front every week and either one of those 3 are 99% of the time the winner. So some change needs to be made so that the drivers are protected as well as they are today but to make available some lattitude for the teams to do things to improve the performance of their cars. Allow for some ingenuity so that the highly paid engineers and creatively thinking people can get an edge here or there, be it engine performance or aero or whatever. Things are far too "templated" at the moment and somehow Hendrick has it down to a science that FAR out strips anything anyone else can do. That has to be fixed because I for one am sick to death of Johnson winning every week. There just seems to be some unfair advantage they enjoy over the other 42 cars on the track INCLUDING the other Hendrick teams.
Old 10/26/09 | 03:41 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by YSUsteven
As has been said before, there are other series that do that. Thats also what the typical short track racer does, gets an old pontiac, ford or chevy, guts the interior, welds in a cage and races on the weekend at the "local" short track.

You are right that NASCAR has gotten away from the original idea... and away from the deaths that occured. If they tried using actual bodies, parts, etc. it would be more like F1, when cars bump, parts fly and their day is over. With NASCAR, they can bump, blow tires, spin and even bounce off the wall and still be able to continue. If the field went from 43 to 7 running by the end of the race, what would be the point...

I personally would not watch if they were 50 MPH slower, cause I could go just as fast with my daily driver, so why would I watch someone else do what I could do. The entire reason to watch sports is the extrodianary feats and not mediocoraty.
Originally Posted by YSUsteven
If they did bring back "stock cars" people would die, regularly. I don't know anyone that watches a sport hoping that they will see someone die.

Making a car 200MPH capable and safe is not as simple as welding in a cage and adding a seat.

And its also a lot harder to drive one of those cars fast than the average person thinks...

Old 10/26/09 | 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I've been watching NASCAR since I was about 18 and I've seen it change quite a bit. I've also seen drivers die while watching. I believe much of what they've done is to protect the guys, but what they've also done is create a fairly boring venue where having all the same stuff sets it up that 3 teams or so are in the front every week and either one of those 3 are 99% of the time the winner. So some change needs to be made so that the drivers are protected as well as they are today but to make available some lattitude for the teams to do things to improve the performance of their cars. Allow for some ingenuity so that the highly paid engineers and creatively thinking people can get an edge here or there, be it engine performance or aero or whatever. Things are far too "templated" at the moment and somehow Hendrick has it down to a science that FAR out strips anything anyone else can do. That has to be fixed because I for one am sick to death of Johnson winning every week. There just seems to be some unfair advantage they enjoy over the other 42 cars on the track INCLUDING the other Hendrick teams.
I agree with you that changes are needed, and perhaps the larger tire that goodyear is developing may be part of the solution. They could also allow more left side weight instead of the 53/47 (I think thats right...) currently allowed.

And after 3 stright champoinships, this is getting old. The ban on testing is also hurting the small teams, because now they have no hope of catching the mega teams now. The big teams are going to get bigger, and the small teams, unfortunatly will dissapear.
Old 10/26/09 | 09:38 PM

There is nothing wrong with the chassis/engine (aside from no air jacks, and no fuel injection), but how about deleting the spec body templates. That is my main issue. (And I know, I know . . . . how hard it would be to have non-spec body panels, and it wouldn't be fair to the smaller teams, etc., etc., etc.) And I think it is a weak argument stating that NASCAR couldn't monitor fuel injection and it would drive up costs. If they really want to help save costs why not create or designate a spec engine (ASA?).

Let's have some distinction.
well, i think that's a big deal that smaller teams like the wood brothers are likely the last of their kind (i root for them every week they enter a car) & higher costs are gunna drive them out eventually. NASCAR just introduced a much safer car & they HAVE to keep with that for a little while.....but that's my opinion FWIW.