2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010 Nascar tease

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/09 | 01:18 AM
Cobra Member

It's pretty absurd that NASCAR (National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing) even retains that moniker considering those ridiculous cars they drive are anything but stock. About the only thing stock about NASCAR are the pace cars!
Old 10/14/09 | 01:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

it doesnt make any sense.. If they are so stock why are they not street legal.

Old 10/16/09 | 06:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Indeed. NASCAR is a joke.
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
I wouldn't call NASCAR a "joke," but it would be nice to have Fuel Injection, Air Jacks, Fueling Rigs, non-spec body panels, shorter races, less "cookie cutter" tracks, and 1-2 more road course races. And Funny Cars have always been just that . . . funny, as oppsed to "stock" car racing.
yes! its a joke - for all of those reasons and many more ........

BRING BACK STOCK CAR RACING
Old 10/16/09 | 08:47 PM
GT Member

As a devout Nascar fan, and a person of color. I don't fit the typical stereotypes displayed by some of you posters...In Nascar car the joke is on ford this season. Chevy has been dominating all season long with drivers such as, Jimmy Johnson, Mark Martin , Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Juan Pablo Montoya.. Ford needs this mustang and that's no joke...Its interesting that some you guys that drive mustangs at high rates of speed have no respect for guys who can drive side by side less then an inch apart at 190+ mph with little or no issues...I recommend you go to one of your local track and pay the $400 bucks for 20 laps in one of these cars. You will have a different opinion of Nascar guaranteed.. Most of you will probably pass out cold in the 1st turn when over 1.5 g's clocks your brain. Look at the open wheel guys that come over to Nascar. It takes them 3 years before they figure out how to be competitive. No traction control no anti lock brakes, no button shifters, no air lift jacks, just man and raw machine doing battle...Jeff Gordon jumped in an f1 car and within 5 laps he was tenths off the track record. Driving a car that does everything for ya, is not real driving at all. The best drivers in the world are Rallye car drivers, Then Nascar drivers, Then American off road truck drivers, then f1, then Indy... Open wheel belongs at the back of the list because of all the specialty **** on their cars designed to help them go faster...Anyway golf isn't chasing a ball around a course, soccer isn't kicking a ball around on grass, and Nascar isn't 43 guys going around in circles, its much deeper then that.
Old 10/16/09 | 09:09 PM
Cobra Member

I think we all know they go fast and pull high-gs, and that is impressive to some degree. However, the cars are by all intents and purposes cookie-cutter cars that are by no means stock. That's a big problem and kinda defeats the purpose right there. Correct me if I'm wrong but this "Mustang" is no different than the outgoing "Fusion" except with a revised front fascia and a silly sticker job. It's a Mustang in name only.
Old 10/16/09 | 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow. Lotsa NASCAR hatas.

This is going to be *good* for Mustang... but only if the cars do well.

That being said... yeah, they're not very attractive.
Old 10/16/09 | 09:37 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by kona stang10
... golf isn't chasing a ball around a course, soccer isn't kicking a ball around on grass, and Nascar isn't 43 guys going around in circles, its much deeper then that.
I think that it was Hemingway who said that "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games."

of course, bullfighting, motor racing, and (high altitude) mountaineering are all life threatening preoccupations - so I'll have to question Pappa's ideas about what "sport" really is.

as for NASCAR, I find the current circuit to be too preoccupied with the personalities in the drivers seat and never enough emphasis on the cars.

NASCAR's vehicles (they only vaguely resemble cars), are just high speed high-tech IROC autos / that is to say, they're all the same!

OH! and btw; f**k Chevy-GM
Old 10/17/09 | 03:46 AM
Post *****

As a devout Nascar fan, and a person of color. I don't fit the typical stereotypes displayed by some of you posters...In Nascar car the joke is on ford this season. Chevy has been dominating all season long with drivers such as, Jimmy Johnson, Mark Martin , Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Juan Pablo Montoya.. Ford needs this mustang and that's no joke...Its interesting that some you guys that drive mustangs at high rates of speed have no respect for guys who can drive side by side less then an inch apart at 190+ mph with little or no issues...I recommend you go to one of your local track and pay the $400 bucks for 20 laps in one of these cars. You will have a different opinion of Nascar guaranteed.. Most of you will probably pass out cold in the 1st turn when over 1.5 g's clocks your brain. Look at the open wheel guys that come over to Nascar. It takes them 3 years before they figure out how to be competitive. No traction control no anti lock brakes, no button shifters, no air lift jacks, just man and raw machine doing battle...Jeff Gordon jumped in an f1 car and within 5 laps he was tenths off the track record. Driving a car that does everything for ya, is not real driving at all. The best drivers in the world are Rallye car drivers, Then Nascar drivers, Then American off road truck drivers, then f1, then Indy... Open wheel belongs at the back of the list because of all the specialty **** on their cars designed to help them go faster...Anyway golf isn't chasing a ball around a course, soccer isn't kicking a ball around on grass, and Nascar isn't 43 guys going around in circles, its much deeper then that.
WOW . . . .

I don't think anyone was critical of the drivers. The issue is with the car.

Also, I would love to see the collective information you compiled to determine the best drivers in the world.
Old 10/17/09 | 04:05 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I am sure the benz V12 would walk all over a nascar in a straight line and then walk away from it in the corners. I also believe rally car drivers to be the best in the would then F1 drivers in a very close 2nd.

also a person of color may also be a redneck. We all have our weak moments.
Old 10/17/09 | 07:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
I think we all know they go fast and pull high-gs, and that is impressive to some degree. However, the cars are by all intents and purposes cookie-cutter cars that are by no means stock. That's a big problem and kinda defeats the purpose right there. Correct me if I'm wrong but this "Mustang" is no different than the outgoing "Fusion" except with a revised front fascia and a silly sticker job. It's a Mustang in name only.
2 factors you forgot to consider "aerodynamics" "downforce ". The Mustang will be better then the fusion in both of these areas. creating more downforce which translates into grip. And in nascar grip is speed....i shouldnt have to mention what aerodynamics does for speed.......If these factors weren't the case then ford would put a t-bird body on that frame just to promote a classy look..Like i said previously, it obviously goes much deeper then you know.

Last edited by kona stang10; 10/17/09 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10/17/09 | 07:22 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
I am sure the benz V12 would walk all over a nascar in a straight line and then walk away from it in the corners. I also believe rally car drivers to be the best in the would then F1 drivers in a very close 2nd.

also a person of color may also be a redneck. We all have our weak moments.
Street cars like the m benz v-12 wouldn't even have a chance against a ford gt much less a stock car. A stock car will beat a ford gt easily....but the benz i'm sure rides better....

oh, i don't own a Confederate flag, sorry to disappoint you, but i do have a pick em up truck, i got one of them "tyota's".....lol
Old 10/17/09 | 11:23 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

NASCAR cannot use stock cars anyone simply because people were dying at the high rate in crashes.

I'm not a fan of CoT, but hey - it's as safe as a race car can be.

Over the past two years guys like Michael McDowell and Carl Edwards talked away from crashes that would kill them in any other type of race car.

Imagine a crash like this in F1 or WRC. Those drivers would be 6 feet under right now if it wasn't for CoT's safety.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geURCl7UGGc
Old 10/18/09 | 04:29 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I do not think anyone is saying "hey lets have right off the lot cars racing".. How about a car with doors that open? How about a car that came from a ford(or any other makers) factory line. Watching cars that have plastic ford like shells on them are is very boring at times. People like the drivers more then the cars. When people see the number on the car they dont yell out "yay ford". They yell the drivers name.

I was going to find pics of nascars and touring cars and rally cars.. but then I seen this.. Now im going to go to my happy place.

Old 10/18/09 | 04:31 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

could the body panels atleast be real? could the head lights work and not be stickers?

will some thing please remove the things I saw when seaching for nascar pictures.

please god please!
Old 10/18/09 | 05:40 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally Posted by Flagstang
could the body panels atleast be real? could the head lights work and not be stickers?
In that case NASCAR would be calling cautions every lap for debris on the track.
Old 10/18/09 | 05:46 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by Red Star
In that case NASCAR would be calling cautions every lap for debris on the track.
or they could use all that circle jocky skill not ram each other.
Old 10/18/09 | 07:01 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

With 43 cars on the oval track that would be impossible.
Old 10/18/09 | 11:12 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

touring cars have been doing it for 50 years or so
Old 10/19/09 | 05:06 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but BTCC is pretty much dead and WTCC has cars like Chevy Lachetti competing (translation: boring).

And also correct me if I'm wrong, but touring cars don't drive on ovals.
Old 10/20/09 | 01:58 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

because ovals suck.

All I am trying to say is that I would enjoy the race that much more if they had street cars.

Quick Reply: 2010 Nascar tease