Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Mustang Technical Innovations...(Maybe)

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/07, 08:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2010 Mustang Technical Innovations...(Maybe)

Ford’s next-generation navigation system – to be launched on 2009 Lincoln MKS and 2009 Ford Flex – represents the next step forward for in-car connectivity, custom made for customers

Ford products and partnerships to see at INTERNATIONAL CES 2008

Dolby: A vehicle first featured at the 2007 SEMA show will be back in Las Vegas for CES—the Funkmaster Flex Ford Flex. This one-of-a-kind vehicle will showcase an audio system bundled with the latest Dolby Surround Sound technologies, including Dolby Pro Logic II, which delivers a captivating surround sound experience from any stereo (two-channel) movie, music, TV, or game audio source and the company’s Advanced Surround Fader.

Gracenote: The global leader in embedded technology, enriched content, and data services for digital entertainment solutions, Gracenote is the engine behind the “jukebox” capability of Ford’s next-generation navigation, which features hard-disk storage space for up to 2,400 songs. Gracenote is delivering an industry-first interface to Ford, one that combines both Gracenote’s cover art and voice control offerings as part of a groundbreaking graphical music library navigation experience.

Microsoft: Ford and Microsoft will begin talking about the future of Ford SYNC, the award-winning system currently available in 12 Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles. SYNC is changing the way consumers use their mobile devices in vehicles and meeting high customer expectations. In early research conducted by Ford, 90 percent of SYNC owners indicated they would recommend SYNC to a friend.

SIRIUS: Beginning next year, Ford and SIRIUS will begin to move beyond music and entertainment. What’s next? SIRIUS Travel Link, a system that connects people to the data they need while in a vehicle. Ford will be the first auto maker to offer this suite of content services, giving customers up-to-the-minute information—exactly what they need, right when they need it. Subscribers get access to current gas prices, local, real-time traffic information, coast-to-coast weather conditions with five-day forecasts, as well as sports scores and movie listings. SIRIUS Travel Link will be standard on Ford’s next-generation navigation system and will be offered with six-months of service on multiple Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles in 2008.

Sony Electronics: In early 2007, building on a successful relationship in Europe, Ford signed a long-term agreement with this consumer electronics leader to become the exclusive supplier of Sony-branded audio systems in Ford and Mercury vehicles in North America. The second phase of the agreement will begin in 2008, with the launch of the 2009 Ford Flex. Ford has chosen Sony as the exclusive in-car audio supplier for future Ford and Mercury vehicles around the world. Eventually, Sony’s signature technology will be in all Ford and Mercury vehicles.The Sony Audiophile System, which will become available on a wide variety of Ford vehicles. The system will boast a 12-speaker, 390-watt sound system.

THX: Since 2002, the Lincoln brand has successfully offered THX Certified audio systems in its vehicles. The award-winning THX audio systems bring home theater-quality sound to the open road. Building on this successful partnership, THX and Lincoln will showcase the 2009 Lincoln MKS at the International CES, the first automobile to offer a THX II Certified 5.1 surround sound system. Ford's ultimate audio package will have its premiere next year. Certified by THX, it will deliver 600 watts through a 12-channel, 16-speaker array.
Old 12/16/07, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford would be dumb not to have Sync as an option in the next Mustang. The Sirius travel link sounds cool. Link that up with the Sync.
Old 12/18/07, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd love the option to have a stereo that has the large display screen from the navigation systems, but no nav.

I don't need nav (and there are cheaper ways to get it if i do), but the large screen is great for MP3s and Sirius. Also, for Sync with phone and text messaging the large screen would be a benefit.
Old 12/23/07, 01:14 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those are cool options as long as they don't cut corners with the small things like trunk release buttons and whip antennas
Old 12/24/07, 04:39 AM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Technical innovations? Where is the magnetic ride suspension, head-up display, projector HIDs, and bioluminescent instrument cluster lighting?
Old 12/24/07, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SuperSugeKnight
Ford would be dumb not to have Sync as an option in the next Mustang. The Sirius travel link sounds cool. Link that up with the Sync.
I read that SYNC will be an option for 2009 Mustangs.

I'm not so sure about Sony products, in my experience they aren't what they used to be.
Old 12/24/07, 12:35 PM
GTR Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Ford should have released a Mk 2 Focus for the US instead of wasting it on SYNC.
Old 12/25/07, 07:57 AM

Tech inovations

Merry Christmas y'all! Since its Christmas day, here is my wish list for the next Mustang.

High quality interior, like on euro Fords (and other Euro cars) with stowage space for phones, wallets etc.
Strong, fade free brakes as standard, its a muscle car, right?

How about IRS? The Mustang is sooo close to tempting 3-series coupe buyers but needs some refinement, and just because its a muscle car is not an excuse for not handling. I would pay more for a car with IRS. At least offer it as an option!

I'd also like to see the next model taken aroud the 'ring like all Euro cars to ensure they handle well.

I'd like to see higher output/capacity engines with cylinder de-activation.

On the engine note, certaintly the twin force engine for better mpg, and perhaps even a diesel powerstroke? Why not? It kicks out serious power and would be great for commuting. I have a duratec Mondeo (Contour SVT) and a new Mondeo turbo diesel. It has 236 lbs torque and gets 600 miles out of a tank. I love petrol engines, but diesels have their uses too!

Ford needs to get innovative with ideas on tech and powertrains to keep the 'stang ahead of its game. The competition is coming with sexy body styles and big cc's. Ford needs to leverage on its heritage, but also offer tech which the competition hasn't yet got. All the options for sync, HID's,my colour,ambient lighting etc are great, but please get the basic package right! I hope dynamically the car is spot on, and I hope to read Motor Trend and Car & Driver gushing over how well it handles and how sweet the powertrains are.

I hope someone from Ford is reading all these treads!