2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010 Mustang pricing

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/08, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mustang pricing

Forgive me if this has been discussed already - but will pricing be about the same for the 2010 models? More importantly - will there be a time of high markups over the sticker like when the 2005 models were first on the lots?
Old 9/23/08, 07:27 AM

Only the dealers can decide that.. and I think it's reasonable to assume there will be at least some time w/ some markups.. maybe it will last a week or a month, but probably not as long as the original 05..
Old 9/23/08, 07:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Agree. There will likely be some initial markup while the "gotta have it" folks exceed the supply. Once the supply pipeline fills up, should return to normal. This is nowhere near as big a deal as the '05 was...
Old 9/23/08, 07:41 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can't we figure out the pricing based on the money that ford is giving for taxes on the winning the 2010 mustang. The taxed about has to be based on winning value.
Old 9/23/08, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm probably going to be waiting about a year or two after release to purchase one.
Old 9/23/08, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unless there are major changes beyond what has already been revealed, I can't see many dealers marking up the regular V6 and V8 models, as they will be so similar to the 2009 Mustangs. There may not be many discounts initially, but by the end of the 2010 model year, I can see incentives in place on the new ones.

I doubt I'll buy one of the 2010-2014 Mustangs unless they release a mind-blowing special edition I can't resist, or if the new engine choices available in 2011 tempt me too badly. I may pick up a used 2008 Bullitt in a few years when they have depreciated a good bit, to match my 2001 Bullitt, but my next new Mustang will likely be a 2014.5 or later after the big redesign.
Old 9/23/08, 01:49 PM

Wink

Yeah, I should basically wait until the next major redesign as well since my '06 GT only has 33K on it and..um...not close to being paid off yet.
I was basically just curious on what others thought would happen when the 2010 cars hit the lot.

Last edited by bradzpony; 9/23/08 at 01:50 PM.
Old 9/23/08, 02:03 PM
GT Member

I'm waiting until the '11 model has been out for a few months,then i'll drive the Camaro and Mustang(with a 5.0L hopefully)and then buy. Any dealer markups should be over for both models by then. My '04 GT only has 53K on her,so i'm not in any hurry.
Old 9/23/08, 04:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Having worked in the car business since '98, I think that Ford will do its best to keep the price roughly the same as it is right now for the initial rollout. Given the current economic situation, I predict a price increase half way into the 2010 model year like most manufacturers do. There will not be any extra incentives until the very end of the year and if there are, they will be small.
As far as dealer markup goes, its all relative to the market. If you live in an area that typically sells a lot of mustangs, you will see more of one. If you live in the snow belt, then its highly unlikely you will see any. I know that here, you wont see any. Even for a GT500, at most you will see is $10k initially, but with proper negotiating skills, you will get it for less. The point is, no dealer will let you walk if they think that you are indeed ready to pull the trigger.
Old 9/23/08, 04:48 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Having worked in the car business since '98, I think that Ford will do its best to keep the price roughly the same as it is right now for the initial rollout. Given the current economic situation, I predict a price increase half way into the 2010 model year like most manufacturers do. There will not be any extra incentives until the very end of the year and if there are, they will be small.
As far as dealer markup goes, its all relative to the market. If you live in an area that typically sells a lot of mustangs, you will see more of one. If you live in the snow belt, then its highly unlikely you will see any. I know that here, you wont see any. Even for a GT500, at most you will see is $10k initially, but with proper negotiating skills, you will get it for less. The point is, no dealer will let you walk if they think that you are indeed ready to pull the trigger.
Which sucks for me because I live in SoCal. They love marking up EVERYTHING out here.
Old 9/26/08, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Which sucks for me because I live in SoCal. They love marking up EVERYTHING out here.
Doesnt mean you have to buy from them. You can buy one here(midwest), and have it shipped for less than a grand. Not real sure about emissions though. Someone else might know if they are 50 state legal?
Old 9/26/08, 07:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

All Dealers do that with anything that is in demand. Any vehicle, color, options etc...They are all about Gouging the customer at any opportunity. This is what I hate about new car shopping. Just dont play that game people. Greatest line that was tried on me was "Are you going to let a couple of hundred dollars stand in the way of you buying this car"? My response was "Are You"? Tell them "I can find a dealer to sell me this car if you wont" Then get up out of the chair and start walking toward the door. If they are a reputable dealer and care about losing a customer they will chase you down fast! Gets them every time! LOL

With the 4.6 Engine just slightly tweeked and only cosmetic changes, they probably won't mark it up more than usual every year dollars maybe $300-$400 more.

Last edited by Indystang; 9/26/08 at 08:19 AM.
Old 9/26/08, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Indystang
All Dealers do that with anything that is in demand. Any vehicle, color, options etc...They are all about Gouging the customer at any opportunity. This is what I hate about new car shopping. Just dont play that game people.
No one is getting gouged. You said it in your first sentence,"in demand". A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay. If you wont pay it, they arent selling it. Let me fix your first sentence for you.- "All companies do that with anything that is in demand. If you can find one cheaper, buy it there. If you cant then that should tell you something. Its priced according to the market.
Old 9/29/08, 01:13 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
Having worked in the car business since '98, I think that Ford will do its best to keep the price roughly the same as it is right now for the initial rollout.
While I expect it to be close, I think there will be an increase. Given the work being done with the new interior, I think it stands to reason. Also, if you order all the "stuff"...

19" wheels
HIDs
Premier Trim Package
Ambient lighting
8" TFT NAV with SYNC 2.0
Dual zone climate control
Parktronic distance sensor

...etc, etc...then I would expect the price of the 2010 Stang to be about $2 to 3K more than a fully loaded '09 GT. Still, that's not bad, all things considered.

Personally, I've got my eye on either a 2011 SE like a Mach I, or a loaded GT500.
Old 9/29/08, 09:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
While I expect it to be close, I think there will be an increase. Given the work being done with the new interior, I think it stands to reason. Also, if you order all the "stuff"...

19" wheels
HIDs
Premier Trim Package
Ambient lighting
8" TFT NAV with SYNC 2.0
Dual zone climate control
Parktronic distance sensor

...etc, etc...then I would expect the price of the 2010 Stang to be about $2 to 3K more than a fully loaded '09 GT. Still, that's not bad, all things considered.

Personally, I've got my eye on either a 2011 SE like a Mach I, or a loaded GT500.
I'm with you on the Mach 1! Your list of upgrades included things that are already available this year. The 8" NAV isnt available, but only costs roughly $300 more than the current version. I dont know how much more the 19" wheels will cost but the upgraded 18" wheels cost close to $1000 now. I doubt the 19's will be much more. The parking aide(are you talking back up camera?) sensors dont cost more than $200. The camera will work with the NAV. Dual zone temp control will probably be included with a current package like the Premier Trim or the Comfort group and wont add that much. So with all the goodies, I think you might see in addition, another $1000 to $1500 at most.