2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/16, 12:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Nice, those should be fine then! Did you decide on tires? I don't remember if you did...
Old 5/10/16, 11:39 AM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Nice, those should be fine then! Did you decide on tires? I don't remember if you did...
Yes, I did decide on tires Patrick.. My choices were between the Nitto Invo and Nitto NT555 G2 tires.. In the end, I decided on the Nitto G2's due to all the positive reviews and 320 treadware rating..

Anyway I went ahead and placed my order with Steeda yesterday for the Spyder wheel and Nitto tire package and should receive them by Friday at the very latest..

-Rocky
Old 5/11/16, 05:42 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finished the carbon fiber wrap on the steering wheel, radio dash, and console trim pieces. What do you all think? I'm liking the look!

Old 5/11/16, 05:49 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
It looks like it came installed from the factory.. I like it a lot
Old 5/11/16, 06:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Originally Posted by mkj5013
Finished the carbon fiber wrap on the steering wheel, radio dash, and console trim pieces. What do you all think? I'm liking the look!
Looks good!
Old 5/11/16, 06:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
It looks like it came installed from the factory.. I like it a lot
Thanks! I really took my time to try to make it look clean. I'm not a patient person with things like this but I think they turned out well!

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Looks good!
Thanks! So many good looking cars in here, I gotta try to keep up! Hard to do with an automatic V6 lol
Old 5/11/16, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mkj5013, it looks good! It kind of goes with my seats, door pans and dash. I might consider doing just my steering wheel if I can find a good match. Thanks for the idea.. Jacked. Lol

Name:  image_8.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  200.6 KB
Old 5/11/16, 07:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BlackGTCS
Mkj5013, it looks good! It kind of goes with my seats, door pans and dash. I might consider doing just my steering wheel if I can find a good match. Thanks for the idea.. Jacked. Lol

Looks good! I think it will be nice when my dash look like that too. Hope you can find something that matches well for your steering wheel! This is 3M's 1080 series wrap and they offer it in a few colors. I know there are some other companies out there and hydrodipping is always an option too if you can find the right stuff. I thought about doing that but it was a little more nerve wracking and less un-doable and more expensive but i've seen it done and it looks good like Gabe's engine compartment parts
Old 5/12/16, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good, did you have this cut from a pattern, or did you just overlay it and trimmed it by hand?
Old 5/12/16, 03:08 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,733 Likes on 1,232 Posts
Thanks! So many good looking cars in here, I gotta try to keep up! Hard to do with an automatic V6 lol
You're welcome.
Just because it's a V6 doesn't mean it isn't a nice car. Enjoy!
Old 5/12/16, 07:17 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
You're welcome.
Just because it's a V6 doesn't mean it isn't a nice car. Enjoy!
Oh I still love her! Still plenty of fun to drive and it's left me with more money to make her look pretty

Originally Posted by bdtaylor70
looks good, did you have this cut from a pattern, or did you just overlay it and trimmed it by hand?
Thanks! It comes in 12" by 60" rolls (I think you can get it wider) but i just unrolled some and overlayed the pieces and then did each one custom and by hand. Took some time but i think it's worth it to have the material wrapped around the parts and not just laid over the face of them. I'll post more pictures later, i finished the upper dash tonight so it's not silver now
Old 5/12/16, 08:08 PM
GT Member

So update: I finished the upper dash trim (all the silver pieces around the gauges, vents, and passenger airbag) and I think it really ties in well with the radio, console, and steering wheel! I think I'm done working with the stuff. Too much more on other pieces and it might be overkill.

Old 5/12/16, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
The wrap looks great! Did you remove the silver pcs from the steering wheel, then replace them with the new wrap?
Old 5/12/16, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BackroadGT
The wrap looks great! Did you remove the silver pcs from the steering wheel, then replace them with the new wrap?
Thanks! Yea, they feel really tight to pry off at first but once you start them, they pull of pretty easy. Having a set of plastic pry tools for dash trim is pretty clutch. I wrapped each one individually and then slide the controls back in the middle and pressed them back onto the steering wheel! Even though those pieces are two toned, I just wrapped the whole thing.

The longest part was the upper dash. The gauges come off with pry tools no problem but the center vents and the passenger vent are held on by bolts underneath the gauge cluster trim and passenger airbag trim. Had to move the sync module out of the way under the glove box, and unbolt the airbag and slide that forward to access bolts. If you do this, whether you take out the airbag completely or leave it plugged in and just move it enough to unscrew the bolts, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery as a precaution.
Old 5/13/16, 06:43 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Thanks! Yea, they feel really tight to pry off at first but once you start them, they pull of pretty easy. Having a set of plastic pry tools for dash trim is pretty clutch. I wrapped each one individually and then slide the controls back in the middle and pressed them back onto the steering wheel! Even though those pieces are two toned, I just wrapped the whole thing.

The longest part was the upper dash. The gauges come off with pry tools no problem but the center vents and the passenger vent are held on by bolts underneath the gauge cluster trim and passenger airbag trim. Had to move the sync module out of the way under the glove box, and unbolt the airbag and slide that forward to access bolts. If you do this, whether you take out the airbag completely or leave it plugged in and just move it enough to unscrew the bolts, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery as a precaution.
looks good! Did you swap out your entire center dash instrumentation for a custom tablet/touch screen? How's that all work with sync, etc? Any issues?
Old 5/13/16, 08:44 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
looks good! Did you swap out your entire center dash instrumentation for a custom tablet/touch screen? How's that all work with sync, etc? Any issues?
Whoa...I got Z to comment on my stuff! Thanks! Gorgeous car yourself btw, always looks fantastic!

Anyway, it's the Kenwood DDX9702S head unit with the Maestro RR module and MUS-1 dash overlay kit. It works perfectly well with sync and was relatively easy to install. The old stuff comes out pretty easily and the new radio, RR unit, and dash overlay are mostly plug and play. I used quick tap connectors (the ones that snap shut over 2 wires) to tap into the Sync line and the OBD wires but everything else used plugs so I didn't really have to cut anything. You do have to cut the Sync wire on the Sync module side once you're tapped into it or the system has some weird feedback where the steering wheel controls don't work quite right. The Maestro RR unit basically emulates the Sync's capabilities so it was like having 2 Syncs trying to run at the same time. When you flash the module, some of the radio control buttons on the steering wheel have to stay the way they are but you can customize the other ones (not cruise control side) and the buttons on the dash trim itself where I have fan+/-, climate, and defrosters. It comes with different buttons to match what you program it to as well. The final product was great and I don't work with electronics and wiring too much but with a little prep and patience I did it in an afternoon without having to redo anything. I like the look a lot better than the stock radio.

http://maestro.idatalink.com/product...product_id/102 - Navigating this page allows you to see compatible radios with their products. There are some other options available like the Scosch and Metra which both have separate climate controls. I thought the MUS-1 had the cleanest look. I believe Kenwood, and Alpine radio models are compatible and Pioneer as well but pioneer does not support gauges, climate, or OBD info.
Old 5/13/16, 08:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I'll just leave this right here. The sound is so intoxicating now!!! I uploaded my updated tune from AED too. Next step is the Cobra Jet intake setup.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-photo828.jpg  
Old 5/13/16, 08:51 AM
GT Member

I'll just leave this right here. The sound is so intoxicating now!!! I uploaded my updated tune from AED too. Next step is the Cobra Jet intake setup.
Mmmmm, looks pretty and probably sounds even better! Been thinking about the exhaust on my sixxer lately too. I'm thinking shorty headers and catted h-pipe. From everything I read, x-pipes will be too raspy while h-pipes add a lower tone to the exhaust and that shorty headers help to deepen that toan as well. The last thing I want from my V6 is rasp since it's not as deep of a growl anyway and I already of the Roush Axlebacks.
Old 5/13/16, 09:02 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts

umm i clicky click on it but no sound Patrick! c'mon...let's hear it
Old 5/13/16, 11:52 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's gonna be a monster when you're done.

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY