2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/13, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what that means
Old 12/4/13, 11:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Derrick, no hate, but take that garbage off.

Clean and simple is always the best look.
Old 12/5/13, 04:39 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Derrick, no hate, but take that garbage off.

Clean and simple is always the best look.
Lol thats cold bro
Old 12/5/13, 04:41 AM
V6 Member

Ive always like red stripes on black but thats my taste. Once again Derrick if you like em keep em. Dont let the peer pressure get to you lol
Old 12/5/13, 06:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
You guys are harsh. Derrick already said he's thinking of removing the side stripes, and yes that would be a great move.

Personally I kinda like the hash marks.

I would remove the "MUSTANG GT" stuff and see how she looks then
Old 12/5/13, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^agree... rocker strips is the one i dislike most.
Old 12/5/13, 01:47 PM

Lol it is all with good intentions I guess.

I'll probably take the GT lettering off today or tomorrow. I'll post more pics. I think the reason it looks so busy is that the white stands out so much because it is such a bright white. Maybe a grey or darker color would have looked better. Maybe even a smaller solid rocker would have sufficed.
Old 12/5/13, 02:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Derrick J
Lol it is all with good intentions I guess. I'll probably take the GT lettering off today or tomorrow. I'll post more pics. I think the reason it looks so busy is that the white stands out so much because it is such a bright white. Maybe a grey or darker color would have looked better. Maybe even a smaller solid rocker would have sufficed.
No, it's not the color… It's just big and unnecessary.
Old 12/5/13, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Personally I think this body style needs the rocker stripes if the rally stripes are applied. It balances the car. Just my opinion...

John
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-236.jpg  
Old 12/5/13, 02:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by ..MIGUEL..
Ive always like red stripes on black but thats my taste. Once again Derrick if you like em keep em. Dont let the peer pressure get to you lol
Something like...?
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image-2077715006.jpg  
Old 12/5/13, 02:12 PM
Banned

I'm fine w/ the rocker stripes, but they need to be solid and not have M U S T A N G G T plastered across.
Old 12/5/13, 02:55 PM
GT Member

All the folks whining about derricks car are more than welcome to start making the payment... It's his car, his taste...

Last edited by Bullitt 3309; 12/5/13 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12/5/13, 03:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309
All the folks whining about derricks car are more than welcome to start making the payment... It's his car, his taste...
Oh everyone knows that, and we agree. We were just offering opinions. We all know with opinions, no one is right. He is more than welcome to make no change at all... Or change it all. Like you said, in the end, it's his car.
Old 12/5/13, 03:07 PM
Banned

/whines
Old 12/5/13, 03:08 PM
GT Member

It's pretty much a given that any possible body appearance scheme, on any model of Mustang, is going to have lots of people who hate it, no matter how good it is. That's just human nature, and as it should be. I know there are undoubtedly lots of people out there who hate the look of my GT. That's fine with me, because I like it, and I've gotten far more compliments than detractors. I say, feel free to ask for opinions, but in the end do what you like.

That being said...

Derrick, I think the hash marks and the hood vents look cool to me. If it were my car, I might go with some other color like red for the accents, but that's just me. I agree that I don't particularly care for the "MUSTANG GT" on the rocker panels, but again that's just me. There are people out there who will love it.

Horspla, there's nothing about that photo you posted that I don't like.
Old 12/5/13, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lothar
It's pretty much a given that any possible body appearance scheme, on any model of Mustang, is going to have lots of people who hate it, no matter how good it is. That's just human nature, and as it should be. I know there are undoubtedly lots of people out there who hate the look of my GT. That's fine with me, because I like it, and I've gotten far more compliments than detractors. I say, feel free to ask for opinions, but in the end do what you like.

That being said...

Derrick, I think the hash marks and the hood vents look cool to me. If it were my car, I might go with some other color like red for the accents, but that's just me. I agree that I don't particularly care for the "MUSTANG GT" on the rocker panels, but again that's just me. There are people out there who will love it.

Horspla, there's nothing about that photo you posted that I don't like.
Thanks for the feedback without just straight bashing my car. I thought about red as the accents as well but don't they fade to pink? The colors I had in mind when choosing the decals were the turquoise , red, white and grey. And I would only choose a dark red.
Old 12/5/13, 03:31 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Lothar
It's pretty much a given that any possible body appearance scheme, on any model of Mustang, is going to have lots of people who hate it, no matter how good it is. That's just human nature, and as it should be. I know there are undoubtedly lots of people out there who hate the look of my GT. That's fine with me, because I like it, and I've gotten far more compliments than detractors. I say, feel free to ask for opinions, but in the end do what you like. That being said... Derrick, I think the hash marks and the hood vents look cool to me. If it were my car, I might go with some other color like red for the accents, but that's just me. I agree that I don't particularly care for the "MUSTANG GT" on the rocker panels, but again that's just me. There are people out there who will love it. Horspla, there's nothing about that photo you posted that I don't like.
I hate your car.

Kidding sir. Love it
Old 12/5/13, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the feedback without just straight bashing my car. I thought about red as the accents as well but don't they fade to pink? The colors I had in mind when choosing the decals were the turquoise , red, white and grey. And I would only choose a dark red.
There's definitely nothing about your car that deserves bashing--it's a nice machine, however you enhance it.

I sat here for a couple of minutes thinking about your options, Derrick... It's hard to envision them without seeing a photo mock-up, like on the Mustang Customizer website. My impressions of your options, in my imagination, are:

Gray, could be cool--a stealthy look. Maybe silver would work too, or some shade in-between.

White: seems like too much contrast to me, but it is striking.

Turquoise: I'd have to see this one to envision it. I think some darker shade of blue might look better. I very nearly went with a blue-on-gray scheme on my GT. I let peer pressure talk me out of that one, breaking my own rule.

Red: just works for me, especially a dark red as you noted. I don't think you could go wrong with that one.

Ya gotta love vinyl decals, huh? You can just peel them off if you don't like them.
Old 12/5/13, 03:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
I hate your car.

Kidding sir. Love it
Thank you sir.
Old 12/5/13, 03:36 PM
GT Member

I thought about red as the accents as well but don't they fade to pink?
I meant to address this comment... not to me they don't. I think the shade of red makes a difference--a darker red like you were considering would look awesome, I think. I'd have to see it though.

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY