Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2009 Mustang first pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/06, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the fron page of the R&T article. The refferance to "Shank Nose" is a little worry some.

Old 10/7/06, 11:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm sure the 2010 will look awsome...
No worries
Old 10/11/06, 12:25 PM

Hi Embalmer,
I read that nice article.By whom the article was written?
Old 10/12/06, 10:18 AM
Bullitt Member

well i thought about how were supposed to get some hips so i made a realllllly quick image of what im thinkin we might get as far as the rear 1/4's go lemme know if you like how subtle it is

blurr your vision a little bit it looks better lol
Old 10/12/06, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by fordboy97f150
well i thought about how were supposed to get some hips so i made a realllllly quick image of what im thinkin we might get as far as the rear 1/4's go http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...50/gothips.jpg lemme know if you like how subtle it is

blurr your vision a little bit it looks better lol
Definitely makes for a more interesting and evocative beltline rather than the current, rather generic nose-to-tail single arc swoop. I would doubt that much bodywork change for the '09 freshening but might be more likely for the next total redo.
Old 10/12/06, 09:04 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,955 Likes on 1,583 Posts
I don't know if I'm just looking at it in the wrong way ?? but in my opinion, the height of both quarter panel and trunk area's would look way too high, unless somehow both the height of the doors and front fenders could be lowered down a bit.. At least that way, the quarter panels(beltline) and trunk could remain at their present height...
Old 10/13/06, 10:44 AM
I Have No Life

is that 1.5" really that much of an addition to think its too high?
Probably wouldn't notice too much.

I think it looks sweet
Old 10/13/06, 11:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Road and Track (all the mags for that matter) are usually quite far off in their estimates. I doubt the 2009 (or 2012) will look anything like the pictures they had made up. I hope not at least. I find it funny that the chop on the inside sucks but the chop on the cover was done really well.
Old 10/13/06, 12:00 PM
I Have No Life

Just to make a statement...

I've noticed around a lot of mustang sites how a lot of speculation and rumours have been jumping around. Don't believe all of them.
Especially car rags who have lead times so far into the future that their info is quite often WAY off base.

The 09 was originally going to be the redesign/skin change
It was pushed back to 2010MY

Now think about this.
Would ford really just extend out the 05 design with an extra 3 years (09,10,11)...to compete with a camaro coming out in the 2009ish timeframe by just redesigning the front end?
The car is great looking, but 5 years in, will start to look ... I don't want to say stale or dated, but... you get the idea, as it would have been around since 04.

There will be a reskin in 2010MY
All but the greenhouse.

I also...very highly doubt unless for reasons unseen ... there would be a complete ground up redesign anytime soon.
By this i mean the whole chassis...quite literally ground up.
To me I read ground up, thats what that means.... in the R/T article it seems like full reskin is considered a ground up....which its not.

THe D2C platform is new and like I stated, unless for unseen reasons they are ditching it, it will be around for a while.

End of the line:
2010+ = reskin and added horsepower/engines
2005-2009 = body lines/style we have now

Do not believe R/T their timings are off, their drawings are hackjobs and even if the info was true at one time..is not anymore.
Old 10/13/06, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I don't know if I'm just looking at it in the wrong way ?? but in my opinion, the height of both quarter panel and trunk area's would look way too high, unless somehow both the height of the doors and front fenders could be lowered down a bit.. At least that way, the quarter panels(beltline) and trunk could remain at their present height...
Quite possibly as the rear end of the Stang already sits up a bit.

My ideal would be, as you suggest, to lower the beltline a bit as it comes back towards the B-pillar. The beltline is a bit high, as is the style these days -- and I'm not much of a fan of this current high-waisted, slab-sided panel-van vogue. Lowering it a touch would open up the greenhouse, lessen and lower the side visual mass/weight and elongate the visual length -- all desirable effects for a performance car IMO.

Having haunches would raise the line, of course, even a bit above the current beltline, but then I would again taper it downwards slightly, as in the '69-'70, with perhaps a subtle "ducktail" upturn for a bit of pertness.

Imagine a slightly more subtle, chiseled and modern interpretation of the '69-'70 rear quarter.
Old 10/13/06, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

i used pyrats car, i hope he doesnt get mad, if so i can take it down, but i felt the color and the convert. shows the change the best it was a quick chop but i wanted to get what i was thinkin out there

also i softend the bodyline some to give it more rounded look
Old 10/13/06, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

opinions? anyone?...
Old 10/13/06, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by rhumb
Quite possibly as the rear end of the Stang already sits up a bit.

My ideal would be, as you suggest, to lower the beltline a bit as it comes back towards the B-pillar. The beltline is a bit high, as is the style these days -- and I'm not much of a fan of this current high-waisted, slab-sided panel-van vogue. Lowering it a touch would open up the greenhouse, lessen and lower the side visual mass/weight and elongate the visual length -- all desirable effects for a performance car IMO.

Having haunches would raise the line, of course, even a bit above the current beltline, but then I would again taper it downwards slightly, as in the '69-'70, with perhaps a subtle "ducktail" upturn for a bit of pertness.

Imagine a slightly more subtle, chiseled and modern interpretation of the '69-'70 rear quarter.
I couldn't agree more, for I'm also not a fan of the current high-waisted beltline.. from a visual standpoint whenever I look at the side and rear panels ? in my opinion, it seems as though the car's beltline has the appearance of looking too porky ?? I also agree that if the beltline could be lowered down a bit as rhumb suggested ?? would open up the greenhouse, lessen and lower the side visual mass/weight and enhance the car's visual length..
Old 10/13/06, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...9&postcount=18 i lowered the beltline some, i know what you guys are sayin tho, i just wish i had more talent lol
Old 10/13/06, 10:17 PM

You've got it all wrong ?? I think you did a fine job with your photochops..I'm just trying to get across that I don't like the current high-waisted beltline for the reasons that rhumb and myself stated ?? and hope that when the 2010 re-design takes place ?? Ford will take into consideration the suggestions that were mentioned..However, if Ford raises the beltline ?? I just think the car will look even more porky than what the current 05-09 does now..
Old 10/13/06, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

i agree completely, i just meant if i was more talented i could make more of what were all dreaming of lol, im not offened or anything reallythe car in my opinion, not only looks porky but is porky, i think maybe not so much of the hips goin up as i am thinkin more of the doors being shorter, know what i mean? i think mustangs are amazing for not only lasting this long but being attractive through most of its years, and i hope ford keeps bringing these designs to the table
Old 10/13/06, 10:35 PM

You also brought up a very good point about the doors looking shorter and your absolutely right ?? and if Ford ends up rasing the beltline when the hips get added on the 2010 ?? it's like you just said..not only will the car look even more porky but the doors will look even shorter as well..Anyway, I just wish that I had some of your talent..Btw ? what software do you use and where can you find it at the best price ??
Old 10/13/06, 10:47 PM
Bullitt Member

i used jasc paint shop pro 8, a pretty basic program but it works good enough, and as far as price...well i have a freind that has lots of thing on disc's that he made, and he put it on my pc for me, it has lots of nice little features, thanks tho!, really!, i wasnt thinkin it would be up to par compaired to most i see lol heres a good reference tho http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...05040688&lc=en have a nice night, i gotta hit the hay soon, good night folks!
Old 10/14/06, 06:05 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to tell you guys this, but changing either the greenhouse or the beltline (they often affect each other) is VERY expensive to do in terms of engineering & tooling costs. I highly doubt that the next version of the Mustang will have a different beltline as rumors are the greenhouse is not changing.
Old 10/14/06, 09:01 PM

And I hate to tell you this ?? but the beltline is going to be changed due to the addition of hips that's going to take place on the 09-10 as a result of the first re-design of the S-197 Stang...Perhaps not in the sense as a complete change ? but none the less just by adding hips on the quarter panels alone will change the current beltline and trunk area..And the way I look at it is this ? how much more of a difference in cost is it going to make by changing the entire waistline or just part of it ?? I really don't think engineering and tooling costs are going to be that more of an additional expense..

Quick Reply: 2009 Mustang first pics!!!