2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

'14 Mustang GT Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 10/8/14, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'14 Mustang GT Suspension

I know this subject has been touched on several times but I would like to get some recent input. Currently I have done Roush A/B's, MGW Shifter and Tint.
Now I'm looking into suspension. I have been researching Koni STR.T (orange), Steeda, FRPP, BMR, Eibach, Roush, etc. As well as the combos that forum members are currently running. (But a Sig isn't very informative on drivability).
My goals are this, want to keep the "rake" stance, and maintain fairly good drivability. That is something that isn't going to beat my kidney's to death. This is my DD and most time will be street with trips to the hills for some curve carving driving as well as wanting to keep my Stang planted to the asphalt while sucking the doors off of the Ricers that need the occasional spanking. I really don't want to go adjustable except for the panhard. Wheels are coming in the Spring but will either go with a 19" wheel like my stockers or a 20" wheel while keeping the wheel/tire height the same as stock which I believe is in the 26-27" range. I don't want to end up getting things I don't need and also leave anything out. Things I am looking at are Springs, Dampers, Panhard, LCA's, LCA Reloc., Sways, Strut Mounts, Camber Plate...etc. definitely trying to stay away from a drop that would require new Ball Joints or Bumpsteer rod ends and at the same time not sure if just a 1" drop like FRPP p Srings will quite give me the lowered look but that is why I am asking for input. I am also aware that an alignment will be needed after installing new suspension parts. Any input on combo's/kit's or a piece together system because a complete kit of one brand may leave something lacking in a particular area. I will be checking in a couple times a day so if anyone would ask any questions before giving an opinion, I will try to answer as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any input. And as for price, I am realistically in the $1500 - $2000 range at most. But of coarse less with the desired end game would be great too.
Old 10/8/14, 11:07 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did the FR adjustable suspension from American Muscle for about $1,800. It cost me another $700 to get it installed at a Ford Dealer but it is warranted with the factory warranty because I had the dealer install. This basically gives you a Boss suspension setup I believe. It has a 1" drop and comes with caster bolts so you don't need to buy them or caster/camber plates. I was a little disappointed with the adjustable shocks - I though they had click stops but they just turn and will go beyond the point of adjustability as there is no stop at the 6 turn limit so you just have to take them to full hard and back them off counting turns. I've been running them at 50% and it is firmer than my OEM Track Pack setup with no brake dive and it takes hard turns without leaning but i haven't pushed it very hard either. there are cheaper options out there but i liked the fact that it is a complete package set up by FR rather than a bunch of parts that my not work well together.

Scott
Old 10/9/14, 06:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Here is a video that we did on a 2012 GT ... that we can do on your 2014 GT ... very good results:

We can take your car to the same level.

Let me know if you would like to talk about your suspension package & take advantage of our forum discount. You can reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 10/9/14, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by maniac95
I know this subject has been touched on several times but I would like to get some recent input. Currently I have done Roush A/B's, MGW Shifter and Tint.
Now I'm looking into suspension. I have been researching Koni STR.T (orange), Steeda, FRPP, BMR, Eibach, Roush, etc. As well as the combos that forum members are currently running. (But a Sig isn't very informative on drivability).
My goals are this, want to keep the "rake" stance, and maintain fairly good drivability. That is something that isn't going to beat my kidney's to death. This is my DD and most time will be street with trips to the hills for some curve carving driving as well as wanting to keep my Stang planted to the asphalt while sucking the doors off of the Ricers that need the occasional spanking. I really don't want to go adjustable except for the panhard. Wheels are coming in the Spring but will either go with a 19" wheel like my stockers or a 20" wheel while keeping the wheel/tire height the same as stock which I believe is in the 26-27" range. I don't want to end up getting things I don't need and also leave anything out. Things I am looking at are Springs, Dampers, Panhard, LCA's, LCA Reloc., Sways, Strut Mounts, Camber Plate...etc. definitely trying to stay away from a drop that would require new Ball Joints or Bumpsteer rod ends and at the same time not sure if just a 1" drop like FRPP p Srings will quite give me the lowered look but that is why I am asking for input. I am also aware that an alignment will be needed after installing new suspension parts. Any input on combo's/kit's or a piece together system because a complete kit of one brand may leave something lacking in a particular area. I will be checking in a couple times a day so if anyone would ask any questions before giving an opinion, I will try to answer as soon as possible. Thanks in advance for any input. And as for price, I am realistically in the $1500 - $2000 range at most. But of coarse less with the desired end game would be great too.
I recently installed Steeda sport spring's and Koni yellow adjustible sport shocks on my 14'. This is the best set up ive ever had and ive done full coilovers! The Koni yellows are a dream, they ride verry smooth and yet are definitely track ready if you go to full stiff setting. With th Steeda soort springs i dont worry about scraping and the ride is verry sporty but handle great when pushed!
Old 10/9/14, 06:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Astenax
I recently installed Steeda sport spring's and Koni yellow adjustible sport shocks on my 14'. This is the best set up ive ever had and ive done full coilovers! The Koni yellows are a dream, they ride verry smooth and yet are definitely track ready if you go to full stiff setting. With th Steeda soort springs i dont worry about scraping and the ride is verry sporty but handle great when pushed!
I went with the Steeda Boss 302 specific springs, which are a tad stiffer than the Sports and lower a tad less up front. They are definitely firm for a daily driver (I'm also running Koni Yellows), but not unbearable. I just softened up the rear shocks half a turn, and it's not perfect for me. I was afraid the Sports would be too soft compared to what I came from - 03 GT with built IRS swap and full MM catalog of suspension (coilovers, K-member, tubular CAs front and rear etc).

Overall, I probably would've been happy with the Sports too, but I'm very happy with the Boss 302 specific springs. I picked up a BNIB J&M PHB off a member on here, as well as tubular J&M LCAs, but I haven't installed the LCAs yet.
Old 10/9/14, 07:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by laserred38
I went with the Steeda Boss 302 specific springs, which are a tad stiffer than the Sports and lower a tad less up front. They are definitely firm for a daily driver (I'm also running Koni Yellows), but not unbearable. I just softened up the rear shocks half a turn, and it's not perfect for me. I was afraid the Sports would be too soft compared to what I came from - 03 GT with built IRS swap and full MM catalog of suspension (coilovers, K-member, tubular CAs front and rear etc).

Overall, I probably would've been happy with the Sports too, but I'm very happy with the Boss 302 specific springs. I picked up a BNIB J&M PHB off a member on here, as well as tubular J&M LCAs, but I haven't installed the LCAs yet.
Sounds like you have a great set up bro! The Sports are nice to me becouse they ride verry smooth but when i push hard through the corners they Give me great confidence! I didnt to lower my Stang much becouse the roads around were i live are crap! Right now im racking my brain about which sway bars to go with, **** all these choices haha!
Old 10/9/14, 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm subscribing to this! I have the same goals and budget in mind as the OP.
Old 10/10/14, 04:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a ‘14 GT, bare bones, base trim model and went with the non-adjustable, 1/2” drop Roush kit, part #421708. This kit was chosen because it offered me the best compromise between handling vs comfort with a minimal drop. Roush tells me that this kit gives the best handling with a square tire/wheel setup and that's what I currently run. Out-of-the-box, the kit removed the stock suspension float/slop/dive/rise/roll while giving a firmer ride. Adding set of performance tires takes handling up to the next level. This kit isn’t the final word in aftermarket (street) suspension upgrades, but it certainly hasn’t disappointed me. Roush also offers a 1.0 drop (track) kit, part #421156
Old 10/11/14, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the feedback so far. Thinking about Koni STR.T Orange, Steeda Sports, LCA, LCA reloc., Adjustable UCA, Adjustable Panhard bar, Sways, HD Strut Mounts, Camber Bolts. Also thinking about the Steeda Pro Action Shocks & Struts. Anyone running a set up like this that could give some feed-back or info on the Steeda Pro Actions vs the Koni STR.T Orange. Any feedback is welcomed. Drop heights, stance, handling, comfort...etc.