Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

Mod an '07 GT with me

Search this Thread

Old 6/7/07, 09:26 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok, this isn't the greatest pic, but I had to get one on here somehow. I forgot my camera, so I took this with my phone when I got to work this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-front.jpg  
Old 7/26/07, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removal of Shifter Hood

I want to change my shifter ****, and need to remove hood. How??

Peter
Old 7/26/07, 12:16 PM

Are you just changing the **** ? It unscrews from the shaft. The leather boot can be pulled off of the base of the ****, it has an elastic ring sewn into it to fit into a groove at the base of the ****. The bottom of the boot is glued to a plastic frame, you just have to push in on the sides of the frame and lift up to get it off of the console.

Not sure if that covers what you mean by hood.
Old 8/13/07, 10:43 AM

Alright, got some new pics. Met up with Dean from Passion Automotive Accessories on Saturday so he could take some pics of his stuff (head-rest wraps, armwrest wraps, console covers, and the shift boot I bought from him), and then took some pics myself of the car. Finally.

Here are my pics, Deans might be showing up on a retail site soon.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-8_11_07_fl.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-08_11_07_fr.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-08_11_07_rl.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-08_11_07_rr.jpg  
Old 10/22/07, 02:29 PM

Took 1st place in my class this weekend!

I was entered in Street Stock - '81 to Present, and took first!

My first time placing ever in any show.

I'm psyched. There's another show this weekend, can I repeat? Different classes for this one though, and I'll be lumped in with all '05 and up Mustangs this time.

Should be fun though, we'll be under the awning on Freemont Street, downtown Las Vegas. We won't be there at night, when the display is going, but it should still be fun anyway and there should be a good crowd around all day.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-trophy.jpg  
Old 10/23/07, 07:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

Very nice looking stang you've got there.
Old 10/31/07, 04:02 PM

Thanks.

I was in another show this past Saturday, but didn't get anything this time. There were at least 27 cars in my class though, everything from '05 up. But it was fun anyway.

I got a new air filter today, blue, instead of red, to match the car a little better. And I bought used cam covers from another TMSer, and will be getting them powder coated and installed in the next few weeks. I've been wanting a set to put the new SAI "Powered by Ford" emblems that I have on, instead of sticking them on the outside like a lot of others have. Just want to be a little different, which is why we all mod our cars anyway, right?

When I get the new cam covers ready I'll put up more pics of them. Until then, here's my car on Freemont Street this last weekend, and the new air filter.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-1st_spot.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-2nd_spot.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-2nd_spot_again.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-blue_filter.jpg  
Old 11/12/07, 12:34 PM

Had an interesting question asked about my car last night. I was asked first what year it was, then if it had the Roush package on it. After I told him no, it was a regular GT with my own aftermarket choices made, he told me I had a really good looking car.

There are a lot of Roush cars here in town, I see them all the time. Not really sure how mine could be confused with one, but hey, there are people out t
here who don't know the various trim packages and aftermarket parts available like I do, so I'll cut the guy some slack. After all, he did compliment the car (and me, since I put it together).
Old 1/14/08, 11:00 AM

Well, I finally got something else done to the car. I've had the pieces for a while, just never got around to doing anything about them.

I bought a set of take-off valve covers from an F-150 and had them powder-coated Agean Blue, the closest I could find to the old blue engine color. I've also had the Shelby "Powered by Ford" emblems sitting in the garage forever, and the plan was to put them on new valve covers. So that's what I did this weekend.

I also wanted to put the CMCV plates back in, I wasn't all that happy with the delete plates. I'm not racing the car, so top end isn't as important to me as the feeling at the lower end, and although I have no dyno numbers to back it up, there was a definite surge in power at 3000 RPM with the delete plates in that wasn't there with the stock plates in, so either the car ran stock power up until then and then the increase went way up, or there was some power (torque) lost at the lower end and some gained higher up, making the difference more noticable.

Anyway, that's why the whole intake is off, I was putting the valves back on as well.

You might also notice I started with the Tuned Induction intake, and ended with the stock stuff back on. That's because the tune I put back onto the SCT for the intake with the stock plates doesn't seem to be the right one. I know I have it somewhere, I will just have to look for it. Until then, I'm back to the stock tune, which actually doesn't feel that bad.

It's amazing how much that little bit of color changes the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_all_done1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_all_done2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_all_done3.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_alldone4.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_alldone5.jpg  

Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_both_installed.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_drivers_on.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_emblem_r.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_intake_off2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_intake_off.jpg  

Old 1/14/08, 11:01 AM

A couple more pictures of the progress.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_old_new.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-vc_preinstall.jpg  
Old 1/14/08, 02:11 PM

Looks like it's just the 87 tune I had that's bad, the other ones work. Sent a note off to Doug, and tonight I'll probably put in the 91 Torq tune and the intake, just for fun.
Old 9/17/23, 02:41 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,796 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Welcome Back Jay!

I Really Enjoyed Catching Up on The Phone & I am Glad You Still Have & Are Enjoying the Vista Blue Gt! Tell The Tale My Friend!

All of Jays Build & Adventure Threads are in a Sticky at the Vista Blue Section! We Look Forward to The Updates! He Has No Plans To Sell his Prized S-197!

I Gave Him An Updated Title as a Legacy Brad Barnett Member!

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/18/23, 04:10 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,699 Posts
Welcome back, Jay!