Looking good Jay. That's a nice mod.
Old 4/4/07, 09:41 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Greg.
Old 4/6/07, 03:00 PM

I just read through this all, wanted to see if I had missed anything in my newly re-written signature. And I had, the Autovation Pedals. I still don't have a pic of them, but will get lots of pics tomorrow as I detail the car. Also, I never posted pics in here of the MAG radiator cover extensions, so here they are. Also the new intake, since I don't have the GMS on there any more.
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-intake_radcvr.jpg  
Old 4/6/07, 05:38 PM

Oh yeah, I got some Electric Blue welts from MrMikes, and have installed then in the doors. I'll get pics later and post on Monday.
Old 4/9/07, 04:48 PM

Ok, I got the welting in on Friday, and finally took a picture of the Autovation pedals. I also put the MGW Shifter on this weekend, but didn't get any pics of that. It's a sweet shifter though, a nice improvement over the Saleen adapter I had before.

I'll be getting a new parchment leather boot from Passion Automotive tomorrow, Dean lives just a few blocks away, so I'm meeting him at lunch. Again, I'll get a pic of that once it's in.

For now, enjoy.

Oh, also, I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Nothing outrageous like a Supercharger (although that would be sweet), I'm thinking maybe the SHR rear honeycomb panel, or painting the brake calipers and adding drilled rotors, or maybe wheel spacers, I dunno. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-dvr_door.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-pax_door.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-pedals.jpg  
Old 4/10/07, 11:08 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man that blue welting looks sweet. I ordered some just waiting for it to get here.
Old 4/10/07, 02:25 PM

Got my shift boot today. The color matches the interior perfectly, and looks really good. Dean's going to check on getting me some Aberdeen black vinyl so I can try to do the armrest areas in back like the door panels.

Anyway, here's the shift boot, and Dean is a great guy to work with. http://www.passionautomotivelv.com/
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-shiftboot.jpg  
Old 4/16/07, 02:46 PM

Had the car in a show this weekend, didn't get an award, but I had a good time. Took only a couple pics, 2 of my car, a couple of Roush cars that were there, and a row of Foose (and 1 Roush) that the dealer has for sale.

Also there was an early SN95 car there that the owner had done an engine swap on. Triton V10. He had "Here chevy, chevy, chevy...." painted on the trunk lid. LOL It was pretty quiet too, at least when he was driving around the parking lot.

Took a couple pics of a Black 'vert with the center of the fanblades painted black, too. I was thinking of trying to p'shop these to be Argent or maybe Titanium, but I don't have p'shop. Anyone want to take a crack at it?
Attached Thumbnails Mod an '07 GT with me-fanblades1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-fanblades_2.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-foose_line.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-v10_1.jpg   Mod an '07 GT with me-v10_2.jpg  

Mod an '07 GT with me-car_show1_md.jpg  
Old 4/16/07, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Man those Foose's look awsome!
That is a beutiful stang!
Old 5/8/07, 11:52 AM

Alright, I have put in a factory Nav system. Haven't got everything working yet, the DVD is on the way, and the antenna is sitting on my desk at the moment. I hope to get that installed over lunch, but I'm not going to get the unit re-programmed until the dvd shows up. I'll get pics in a couple days, but it looks just like every other Nav system in a Mustang. This one even has the Ford logo on it already, came out of an Expedition.
Old 5/9/07, 02:49 PM

Man you are on a roll!!! you put me to shame.... Great job!
Old 5/9/07, 03:23 PM

Thanks, Grabber07'

I've got the CMCV delete plates in the garage, waiting on new tunes from Bamachips right now. After finishing the Nav install and getting the delete plates in, I think I'll take a break. Maybe a week or two.

Thinking about the Baer Eradispeed kit using the stock calipers, Hawk HPS pads, and maybe wheel spacers, but I'm going to have to save up a little for those.

It's a never-ending project, I can't imagine ever really being done with it.
Old 5/21/07, 09:18 AM

Put the CMCV delete plates on this weekend, that was pretty easy. Took me an hour, including having to remove and replace the strut tower brace and MGW plenum cover (forgot to put it back on, too). Even got the new tune in. And it works great. Can't tell much of a difference, but I haven't really gotten on it yet. I do need to find a dyno to go to, to check out how much power I'm putting down now, since I haven't done that at all yet.

I think this is it for the car for a while. I've got 2 motorcycles I've been neglecting, and I want to start working on them. One used to be a daily rider, and has kind of been ignored since I got the Mustang, and the other is as old as I am and needs a full restoration. Should be fun!
Old 5/21/07, 06:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jay. You sound like you know what you are doing. I have not modified a car since my 1991 LX VERT. That was heavily modified for racing with 8 point cage, heads and a blower went from 16 secs. in the quarter to 11 after about 13K in mods. For my 07 GT/CS what size flowmaster do you recommend 2.5" or 3" also have you installed the Kand N Air charger yet? I heard that's about a 30 HP gain. Thanks for the help
Old 5/21/07, 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Have you looked into the cross-drilled rotors? Thinking about a set for mine. I drive mine about 3 times a week. The rest of the it is in the garage. I don't ike the rusty-look that comes fron non use. Let me know if you do install them.
Old 5/22/07, 05:18 PM

I haven't tried the K&N, but I've had the C&L (with tune) on my '05, and the GMS (without tune) and Demolet (same as a JLT) with tunes on the '07.

I certainly would never call myself an expert, but fairly simple bolt on parts (and even the delete plates are a simple enough add-on) I can do.

I've got the FlowMaster American Thunder mufflers on, I think they're just 2.5 inches. Unless you're adding a blower, I think that's plenty big for this car, the stock exhaust is pretty good as it is. I only wanted the sound improved abit.

I do want to go with cross-drilled rotors, and maybe the relocated stock calipers instead of getting new calipers, but I think I'll wait for a while. I drive my car every day, so I don't get the rusty rotors like you do (although I have seen them get a little rusty occasionally).

I still haven't had my car dyno'ed or on the track, but I really like the improvements on the street.

If you can do all that to an LX, I don't think you'll have a problem with the mods available for these new cars.
Old 5/23/07, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

Thanks for the confirmations Jay. By mid June I should have at least 1000 miles on the odo. I will then take it to the track and baseline it. I expect at least 13.8 or 13.9. Then I'll go for the exhaust. the 2.5 with high flow X-pipe with cats I like the sound of flows too. The stock muffs don't really pump unless you are on the gas. I will bolt on the Kand N myself. The rotors..... probally a professional will assist. Thanks for creating this thread.
Old 5/24/07, 10:43 AM

You'll have to start your own thread to put up all your mods as you do them.

I love this internet thing, let's me show off what I love doing.
Old 6/5/07, 05:19 PM

Just thought I'd update this thread, it's been a couple weeks. I've added the door trim chrome to the front grill, and the more I see it, the more I like it. It really pops on the front of my VB car, and highlights the shape of the grill nicely. I left the camera at home, but I'll try to get a pic in the next couple of days, soon as I can wash the car again.
Old 6/5/07, 06:16 PM
GT Member

Lets get some dyno numbers, should do very well.

Quick Reply: Mod an '07 GT with me