Old 8/26/05, 07:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll have to try at a more sober time
Old 8/26/05, 07:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enough already!
Maybe it has a lavender quality maybe it doesn't. People can decide for themselves when they see the car in person.

Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to do that as I'm stuck in Korea right now. I'm being optimistic and taking both sides of this subjectively. I've already ordered so I hope I like it. I think it's a bit much to say it's a lavender color though. Every picture I see has a different quality to it depending on the lighting. If it does have a lavender hugh I have a feeling it has to be under the correct conditions.

I'll find out in November. Current owners start striping you tungstens! I'm really anxious to see what color stripes look best.

Enjoy your cars and stop female ******* about coloring them. Believe me there's more in the world to worry about.
Old 8/26/05, 07:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here are a couple tungsten pics I took today.
[attachmentid=31833]
[attachmentid=31834]

First time posting pics, I hope this works...
Old 8/26/05, 08:38 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Scott@August 26, 2005, 9:30 PM
Here are a couple tungsten pics I took today.
[attachmentid=31833]
[attachmentid=31834]

First time posting pics, I hope this works...
sure looks like gray to me
Old 8/26/05, 08:48 PM
GT Member

It is a gray car. I saw a Tungsten GT tonight. It's really beautiful. So, don't worry! -Marci
Old 8/26/05, 09:10 PM
GT Member

ok......heres some good pictures for you of what tungsten really looks like whether u say it does or doesn't .....there is a post on intros and car photos.....its titled "my tungsten" scroll down on that post and look at those pictures and thats the reason why i love my tungsten gt
Old 8/26/05, 10:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Going_Gray@August 26, 2005, 3:36 PM
06GT4me,

Sweet ride. I think it is pretty much the same one that is being built for me next week! Heck I might even see you out driving around as I live about 5 miles from RSM.

:banana2: :banana2:
Great to hear... hope it gets here soon for you. I can't stop driving this car... Got to go... I think we're low on milk.
Later
Old 8/26/05, 10:13 PM
V6 Member

After reading this thread I'm so paranoid about the Tungsten color, I'm thinking about calling my dealer in the morning and seeing if I can change my color.

I'm so worried that it would be like people are saying lavender / pink / purple whatever, last thing I want is to spend all this money on this car and it to be called lavender.

I can just see it now...pull up to a stop light...guy says "nice LAVENDER Mustang you got...
Old 8/26/05, 10:35 PM

I haven't seen it in person yet. Maybe tomorrow. I pick up mine from the dealer. YES! But anyway, from all the pictures, it looks like a good colour to me. But I have to wonder if it's a better colour than Mineral Gray. Maybe not, Mineral Gray is awesome but I like warm grays better than cool grays and Tungten looks like it's on the cooler side.
Old 8/26/05, 11:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
TG parked next to MG.
Old 8/26/05, 11:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Close up of TG

I like it, sticking with my order.
Old 8/27/05, 05:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by jgray5@August 26, 2005, 11:13 PM
ok......heres some good pictures for you of what tungsten really looks like whether u say it does or doesn't .....there is a post on intros and car photos.....its titled "my tungsten" scroll down on that post and look at those pictures and thats the reason why i love my tungsten gt
Let me sum up my view as this has become circular: It isn't a question of what anyone says it is. Heck, it's even possible that like the two WVB cars I saw which were distinctly different shades, that there's some variation in TG and the ones I saw (three of them) were more lavender than they were supposed to be. They were all the same build date, the WVBs were not.

I thought it was ridiculous to think that Ford would make a color that went from grey to lavender. Before I saw it in person I was thinking, "come on, these people saying it's pink or lavender are nuts, looking at it under the wrong lighting, or just exaggerating. Ford says grey, it's grey. I've seen plenty of grey cars and never saw one shift to lavender".

Don't go by a paint chip, don't go by a picture. If you're going to order it, go see it in person.
Old 8/27/05, 05:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I recently attended the Ford Racing Innovation Drive at Shea Stadium in NY. Although they only had 05 Mustangs at the event, here are a couple of shots I took of a 2006 Fusion in Tungsten.
Old 8/27/05, 09:56 AM

Diamond Blue said it right.

"Don't go by a paint chip, don't go by a picture. If you're going to order it, go see it in person."

That is the only way to be certain.
Old 8/27/05, 04:55 PM
GT Member

Who cares if the show car pics LOOK different than the real TG. The fact is that it LOOKS different and people are dissapointed as I am that the final product ISN'T what Ford said it would be and that it doesn't LOOK like the show car. Am I right here????????????

Instead of the nice bright metallic silver that the show car LOOKS like, they came out with this lavendar grey crap!

I ordered this car thinking at the time that it was the same color as the show car. Everyone said it was. Ford people said it was. But it is NOT. I spent an hour at a dealer yesterday and several today running around to different dealers today and I have made my decision to change my VINed order on Monday ASAP! I DO NOT want a lavendar mustang! The color is not bad, but it DOES NOT look like the show car.

I think I will go with the Vista Blue because it is a nice metallic BLUE and not some girly powdery blue like the WVB is. My second color choice is Torch red. Although a true sports car color, kinda boring when you think about it. Not metallic just a bright red.

Some people like this TG, I do not. I want the show car! I want that bright metallic look. This may sound funny, but while at the dealer yesterday, on the showroom floor I saw a Focus that had a BEAUTIFUL metallic grey paint. It was darker than the show car but it was EVERY BIT as shiny and metallic!!!!!!!!!

I think they called it liquid grey but it was very bright and shiny as apposed to the TG Mustang color. It makes me almost want to cry because I have been wiaiting on my order since Feb 2 and now I have to change it yet again!

F'ing FORD!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 8/27/05, 05:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey... if you don't like the color, that's just fine. But I think you need to take another look at ALL of the show car photos.

Tungsten on the show car took on many different shades, all depending on the way the light fell on it... as it also will on the 06s.

There are a number of pictures of the Tungsten/Titanium/whatever you want to call it car from a number of auto shows...

A few are attached... the car looks completely different in different lighting situations - as the majority of metallic colors (all colors really) do. I'd say the third picture appears to have a "lavender" tone to it, wouldn't you? Of course, the show lighting is most likely the culprit there.

IMO if someone saw the show car in person and liked it, they'll like the 06 Tungsten. If someone liked the show car PICTURES, well, you may like it, you may not. Almost all of the colors look differently when photographed by our digital cameras. When I take a picture of my car, it turns out nothing like it looks in "real life."

Anyway... enough of my little "rant." In the end, it all comes down to whether you like the color or not. If you do, get it. If you don't, don't get it. There are plenty of colors to choose from.
Old 8/27/05, 05:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Dealers are idiots. I found a Tungsten on an online inventory at a dealer about 30 minutes from me and called to confirm it was in stock. "Yeah sure we got one of those here." An hour of wasted time later and all I saw was a bunch of mineral grey. I need to see this color in person stat in case I need to change my order!

(my apologies to the dealers out there who actually know their product)
Old 8/27/05, 07:57 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by packhater@August 27, 2005, 4:58 PM
Who cares if the show car pics LOOK different than the real TG. The fact is that it LOOKS different and people are dissapointed as I am that the final product ISN'T what Ford said it would be and that it doesn't LOOK like the show car. Am I right here????????????

Instead of the nice bright metallic silver that the show car LOOKS like, they came out with this lavendar grey crap!

I ordered this car thinking at the time that it was the same color as the show car. Everyone said it was. Ford people said it was. But it is NOT. I spent an hour at a dealer yesterday and several today running around to different dealers today and I have made my decision to change my VINed order on Monday ASAP! I DO NOT want a lavendar mustang! The color is not bad, but it DOES NOT look like the show car.

I think I will go with the Vista Blue because it is a nice metallic BLUE and not some girly powdery blue like the WVB is. My second color choice is Torch red. Although a true sports car color, kinda boring when you think about it. Not metallic just a bright red.
Some people like this TG, I do not. I want the show car! I want that bright metallic look. This may sound funny, but while at the dealer yesterday, on the showroom floor I saw a Focus that had a BEAUTIFUL metallic grey paint. It was darker than the show car but it was EVERY BIT as shiny and metallic!!!!!!!!!

I think they called it liquid grey but it was very bright and shiny as apposed to the TG Mustang color. It makes me almost want to cry because I have been wiaiting on my order since Feb 2 and now I have to change it yet again!

F'ing FORD!!!!!!!!!!!! AAARRGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think you need to chill out...and by the way it is the same color as the mustang at the car show...its just not constantly under those shiny bright lights....i mean even you can figure that out by now
Old 8/27/05, 07:59 PM
GT Member

Oh and by the way....two years ago at the Minnesota state fair they had that exact show car of the titanium mustang....It looks exactly like it does now....can anyone vouch for me on that that livesin minnesota ??????
Old 8/27/05, 10:12 PM
GT Member

sorda off topic but not really .... i justed watched gone in 60 seconds and when Nicholas cage is first looking at eleanor in that tunnel area.....its the exact same color as the new Tungsten 06's i found that to be pretty sweet...its got that slight hue to it