Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Factory HID's?

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/09, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol. I'm being very technical here. I'm asking how the actual circuit makes contact to the wires from the grey connector box. Does little pins protrude from the bottom of the fuses to allow contact to the wires? I didn't take all the boxes off to be able to see the bottom of the fuse box at the time I did mine
Old 12/2/09, 03:41 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, there's a "middle" plate that receives the fuses then has male pins that stick into the bottom grey connector. So it's a 3pc sandwich.
Old 12/21/09, 07:20 AM

i ve made a search for oem hid install on 2005 stang and i fall onto this very interesting thread,
i ve installed oem hid and make my own wiring harness with relays and diodes, all worked fine with just ignition turned on, but when i start the engine the low beam relay make fast clikclik noise and the hid flashed, it seems the pjb doesn t supply enough power to the relay, the high beam function is ok
my questions:
-i ve connected the relays grounds directly to the body, i ve to connect they directly at the headlights harness factory ground (seems to go through the pjb)
-anyone got the hid headlights schematics??

thanks by advance
Old 12/21/09, 12:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I have them but not on our office computers - they are on my laptop at home.

What you are describing sounds like you have something else going on. The reason for the diodes is to keep the bulb energized when the high beam shutter is told to move to the "open" position. If your high beams are functioning, but not the low, then something else is not right. Maybe you've cut the wires to the low beams rather than just jumpering diodes from them to the high beam side? If your headlights worked before and they don't now, but the high beam does, then it sounds like you've eliminated power where it used to be.
Old 12/22/09, 01:47 AM

thanks a lot for your answer, but as i explain low and high beam work fine under ignition, but the low beam relay made flickering when the engine was started, i don t understand why
Old 12/29/09, 04:10 AM
Legacy Tms Member

That I don't know. If it works when the key is off, they should work when the car is running. If not, maybe you're pulling power from the relay once the ignition is active. Hard to know for sure where the problem is though for you.
Old 1/4/10, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Alex,
Could you draw the circuit for us? You sound like you know a little about electronics. Maybe just enough to get yourself into trouble <-- Like me

Where did you get the power from for the relays??? What about testing the voltage that is powering the relay? Is it jumping up and down?

Marcello,
Does the sjb power stuff and if it doesn't see a load, stop powering the object?

Take for an example, I was running my backup camera off the backup light and I had it unplugged to get the voltage, well, it would never give me a reading until I plugged the harness back in and the switch the lights off then back on. Am I crazy or is this normal behavior.

Last edited by gremlin190; 1/4/10 at 07:44 PM.
Old 1/6/10, 07:08 AM

here is what ive done on the stang:

all worked fine under ignition but since the engine was started the low beam relay made a zzz noise and the hid start to flash

i ll try to connect the relays ground on the factory ground wiring like the original bulb

if anyone got the oem hid ford wiring schematics, i need to understand thanks
Old 1/6/10, 09:04 AM
Bullitt Member

That middle relay looks to be causing your problem. If I'm reading your schematic correctly, when you send the low beam power on, it then sends power to the middle relay which then sends power out to your high beams too. Just unplug the middle relay and see what happens. Also, I do hope you used a fuse on the 12v in.
Old 4/1/11, 12:45 AM

HID retrofit question re: 2008-09 models as opposed to 2005-07

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Ok, you made me get off my butt...

I've had it working on my car over a month now, here's the link to the how-to article, it's at the bottom of the page for now until it gets big enough for us to devote a new page to it.

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/product_info.htm

Enjoy
Marcello,
I have a pair of OEM HID headlight assemblies that were on a 2008 Mustang GT.
I'm planning to install them into my 2008 Mustang GT that was not originally equipped with HID’s. I have purchased the original HID headlight harness from Ford. This is the harness that runs from the fuse box in the engine compartment to the headlamps, fogs, parking lights, etc. and includes the auxiliary relay box for the 2 HID relays. I know this has been done on 2005-07 models by doing modifications to the harness as outlined in your excellent SilverHorse Racing tech article however I am trying to determine if the HID harness needs to be modified to work on a 2008 (as opposed to a 2005-07 models). The fuse box is slightly different on the 2008 models. There are 2 fuses dedicated to the HID headlights that are not present in the 05-07 models. Also the RH strut tower on the 2008’s has the two threaded holes for the HID auxiliary relay box mounting bolts which are not present on 05-07 models. I think it may be possible to just switch the wiring harnesses since the 2008 models had the option offered from the factory. Have you been in contact with any owners that have done this conversion on a 2008 or 2009. Reply to this thread or you can contact me by email at jcaruso100@aol.com. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.