Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/10, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Glad to see the good news.
Old 6/17/10, 07:32 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad to hear things are progressing this week. I hope you have a restful weekend.
Old 6/18/10, 11:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am seeing the affects of Chemo on 2 of my close family members as we speak. iTS NOT PLEASANT TO SEE THE TOLL IT TAKES ON THE BODY BUT ITS A SACRIFICE TO GET BACK IN GOOD HEALTH. oNE OF MY RELATIVES (sorry for the caps, I suffer from fat fingers) just was informed the Leukemia has gone into remission but still needs to finish 3 more rounds. Keep your head up brother and call me whenever.
Old 6/18/10, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by houtex
That seems... odd. You'd think they wanna close that up pronto...

Then again, I'm not a doctor by a *long* shot...

Sure hope it heals quickly.
True, but surgery to that area especially when someone's immune system is compromised can be extremely dangerous.

Thinking of your boy, KC!
Old 6/20/10, 01:36 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Better Days!

A new Sister and we did not Know what Leukemia was. Seems like a dream. Circa early 90's, Sister Sarah just graduated High School.Where did the years go???????

KC
Attached Images  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/20/10 at 01:41 AM.
Old 6/21/10, 03:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Aw, man, what a poignant commentary on a precious photo. Yes, the years do seem to fly by. May God Bless Kevin Casey, his wife, and his precious children.
Old 6/23/10, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Talked to the guys at TRUFIBER and this is what they came up with. For the next 20 hoods they sell, they will discount the hood by 20% for the customer/friend. TRUFIBER will then take another 20% off the remaining price and donate it to Andrew's Fund. This is the perfect opportunity to get the hood you have wanted, knowing a generous donation will go to Andrew in your name as well. Just mention Andrew Casey when you call TRUFIBER for your hood. This includes hoods from their Carbon Fiber line.
Offer Extended to 06/30!

Thanks Guys!

MGB,

KC
Old 6/24/10, 10:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Only a few more days to take advantage of savings and help out Andrew at the same time.
Old 6/28/10, 04:16 PM

Update.

I managed to work on Andrews Project car all day saturday. I also Managed to drop the Big Block Mopar Starter on my face . One inch to the Right I would have broke my nose one inch down I would have lost some teeth.One inch up in my eye. One inch to the Left it would have missed me. Count your blessings there. One of the little fun things when you have headers on an old Big Block dodge is the Starter has to be cradled in the Headers and you jockey them Both in place. Usually nice to have a helper or have three hands. I did not.

Andrew has been staying at the grandparents to see if a different environment may help keep him form getting an infection. Also his sister has been sick with a virus so he definetely did not need to be home this week. He wanted to be there to help with the car. I called and updated him with my progress every couple of Hours.

So much for the alternate environment Andrew was admitted to the Hospital this afternoon with a high fever. The wife is having an extremely difficult time coping with it all. Any guess who she vents it all on.

Andrews Doctor put the call in for a Marrow Transplant consultation. We expect to move on this as soon as he is out of the Hospital.

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/28/10 at 04:19 PM.
Old 6/28/10, 04:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am very sorry to hear that. Hopefully the hospital can help and Andrew can be home again very soon.
Old 6/28/10, 06:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I will say a prayer tonight KC, maybe he got a card from me today with a little picker up in it?
Old 6/28/10, 07:45 PM
FR500 Member

Hang in there KC. I hope that you will be able to let your wife's venting roll off your back. I'm guessing that she is missing having you there to help her, and she's coping in whatever way she can. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Old 6/29/10, 02:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Hang in there KC. I hope that you will be able to let your wife's venting roll off your back. I'm guessing that she is missing having you there to help her, and she's coping in whatever way she can. I'll be praying for you and your family.
My thoughts exactly...I have been diligently praying for you all, and will certainly continue. Hang in there, Kevin.
Old 6/30/10, 01:16 PM

UPDATE,

Andrew is only doing fair this week. His Blood tests were not good and he is recieving Blood Transfusions today. He will likely be in the Hospital til Sunday.

We got our Appointment to Start the Bone Marrow Transplant process and will get Sister Sarah checked for a match next week. We are hoping for an Easy Match. How soon the actual process will start I will know better next week.

MGB,

KC
Old 6/30/10, 10:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hey KC. Sorry to hear he isn't doing well this week. Also sorry I never got back to you on those parts we exchanged emails about. The 35th sideskirts and ront end caps. I really want to get them, but I'm unemployed right now. However, I still want to make a small donation to the paypal fund...how do we send it again? As a gift?
Old 7/1/10, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38
However, I still want to make a small donation to the paypal fund...how do we send it again? As a gift?
Yes as a gift.
Old 7/1/10, 11:48 AM

Hey KC. Sorry to hear he isn't doing well this week. Also sorry I never got back to you on those parts we exchanged emails about. The 35th sideskirts and ront end caps. I really want to get them, but I'm unemployed right now. However, I still want to make a small donation to the paypal fund...how do we send it again? As a gift?
Hello,

I updated my sig for the donation info. I redid my sig awhile back and forgot to put it back. I also updated POST 1 for those who do not have signature read enabled. No wonder the Donations stopped cold. DOH!

I really appreciate your wanting to help. I hope your employment needs are met soon! Please don't put yourself in a bind with the donation.

On a side note, I have had some members apologize because they could only send $5.00. If Every TMS member sent $5.00 We would be so golden. It all adds up, So if anybody is thinking a $5.00 Donation is not helpful or Appreciated you would be mistaken. I have sent a personal thank you via the Paypal form to everybody regardless of amount. It is all appreciated.

https://themustangsource.com/f700/an...orters-482487/
All the Supporters Are Listed Here. Post 2 for Members!

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 7/1/10 at 12:16 PM.
Old 7/1/10, 03:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Gotcha I remembered seeing special instructions but when I looked through all your threads I couldn't find it. I've been applying, so I hope something is going to pop up very soon. I'd rather help you guys out in any small way I can than put parts on my car ...
Old 7/1/10, 03:23 PM

Gotcha I remembered seeing special instructions but when I looked through all your threads I couldn't find it. I've been applying, so I hope something is going to pop up very soon. I'd rather help you guys out in any small way I can than put parts on my car ...

You got a good Heart Brother! It will happen!

Mgb,

KC
Old 7/3/10, 07:12 PM
V6 Member

KC, is there another way to contribute to your sons fight? I'm not the most computer savy guy but I can't get my e-mail to work with pay-pal through the link on your page. If there is another way, or if someone could give me instructions on how to do it through pay-pal I would really appriciate it.

I've been away from the forum for awhile so I just found out, but your family will be in our prayers until Andrew beats this again.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle