Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/20, 04:12 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,748 Likes on 2,035 Posts
12/16/20
Hello,
It's great to see Andrews Tribute Still here after all these years. What a Rough Year Folks with all that is going on. I shared this Forum today with a new friend so I thought I would post as I don't know if I would be able to on Andrews Birthday. It's a big 10 Year Mark since we Lost Andrew and honestly we are still numb.
I am retired on disability now for a few years and it's difficult with all the Isolation not just for Terri & I but I know for many of you out there. I had the opportunity to help someone online last night who was dealing with a Loss situation and having financial issues as well. He is someone whose entire life is dedicated to helping others and it felt real good to encourage and send some dollars for his families Christmas. Much as so many of My TMS Family did for my family back in the day. It was just doing what I could for somebody in need and deserving of help.
My point is I know many out there are hurting and I encourage all to keep your eyes open and look for an opportunity to help somebody in whatever way you can. A random act of Kindness could make somebodies day. It will likely make yours as well!

May God Bless America!
KC

P.S. I still have my 07 GT-500 though I seldom Drive it. I really Should but I do keep it insured & tagged if the mood strikes. I think she has 31k on her and she is a good detail away from being a star! So I guess I am still one of you and hard to believe she will be a Classic before you know it the way the years fly by!
Everybody be Good so your Santa will bring some Stang Goodies your way! I hope you all have the Best Christmas Possible!

K

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/16/20 at 04:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
garyb900 (12/17/20), shaneyusa (12/17/20)
Old 6/22/21, 01:11 PM

06/22/21

Time to Start Enjoying My Gt-500 While I'm still able to Drive. I'm Fixing all the Little things that I can to make her like New as Possible! She is now my Mostly Daily Driver which is not a lot of Driving Compared to Most since Retiring but now she will always be Clean and Ready to Roll! Starting to think about a Few Select Mods I Dreamed of Before Andrews Journey that I had Completely Lost Interest in. Better Wheels, KR Style Hood. Center Mount Fogs, Kicker Subwoofer and Upgraded Speakers All Around. I also will put Together a Spare Wheel Package which is Brembo Friendly as I Just Don't Care for the Compressor/Sealant setup the 500's Came With! Only 34k on the Odometer! Time to Put a Few Miles on Her!

MGB,
KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/24/21 at 08:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
houtex (6/22/21)
Old 8/29/21, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We have a new addition to the Family. He is a much needed distraction & source to focus our attention. GIZMO! as you can see he bears a resemblance to the movie character from Gremlins. He is a Pappion! He is great we just can't feed him after dark!

KC
Lost Gizmo Yesterday! Sad Times!
POST 771 Pics
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...9/#post6047090

K

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/29/21 at 12:26 PM.
Old 8/29/21, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 464 Likes on 306 Posts
So sorry for your loss, it always tough losing a pet.
Old 12/31/21, 01:25 PM

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=21057032

Scroll to Bottom of Obit Link for Comments!

I don't know if I ever Posted a Link to Andrews Obit Page But I felt Drawn to it this Year! December is a Hard Month as We Remember His Birthday & Loss. Grandpa 4 Years Back Now & Grandma 3 Years ago as well! Take a moment to read some of Andrews Visitors Comments!

Wishing You All a Blessed New Year!
K

I see my other downloads disappeared lets see if this works!
Andrews Car
Andrew Drive By
Andrews Funeral Procession
Andrews Memorial Dvd

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/31/21 at 04:32 PM.
Old 1/15/22, 03:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Kevin. Back on the forum now.. How have you've been?
Old 5/29/22, 12:50 PM

Holding on Test Pattern!
I do Manage to Drive the Shelby Enough to Keep The Battery Up which is a Move Forward!
Thanks For Asking!
K
Old 10/22/22, 11:52 AM

Update

Andrew has never rode in anything faster than my low 12 Second 63 Polara 440 4speed and he was just a wee lad then. Closest thing after that was the Gt-500.

I just had to get him a good ride while he is still able to get around. My old friend Elroy the Coffin Mufller Guy stepped up with a ride in his 10 second Nova. It really was appreciated by Andrew and myself. The Slicks leave a real nice patch Btw. Wish you could see the smile behind the mask. It was only an hour ago.

We hope to have the Daytona Charger for him to drive tomorrow. It is his dream car to drive. Just praying it all comes together.

MGB,

KC
12 Years to the Day Since Andrews Great Ride. And Tomorrow is the Twelve Year Anniversary of Andrew's Dream Car The 69 Daytona Replica Coming To Our Home. After Andrew Passed It Went Back and Has Sat in the Same Spot for the Last Twelve Years.

Uncle Jorge Moved to Texas a Few Years Back But Still Has a Shop Full of Cars in California. He Just Happened To Call Yesterday and is in Town for a Few Days Ironically Selling a 70 Charger That Andrew Wanted when he was 15 {LAST PIC}But Ultimately Getting his 72.

Going to Make the Drive Over to see Him and Try & Get the Car Back Somehow. Just Would Like to Have it Around for awhile! The Timing Of This is Just Unreal.

Daytona Story
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...0/#post5967939

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/22/22 at 01:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
m05fastbackGT (10/22/22), shaneyusa (11/5/22)
Old 12/23/22, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Gaspi101
I just saw this thread for the first time. I spent a couple of hours and read every post. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I think what you did with this thread is very special. Although many of us don't know you or Andrew, you allowed us to join you on your journey and participate in the trial of faith God put before you. You showed the rest of us, and the world, that there is good in the world and through even the most painful of life's tragedies, good people are still capable of tremendous strength and courage. More than that, your son had a powerful impact on not only our mustang community but will do so in the future, to the whole world, as this thread will likely be preserved for ever. As he lives in eternal life and love with Jesus our Lord, he also will live with all of us. For that, we thank you.
I scanned some of the old posts today and this one by @Gaspi101 really grabbed me. So I thought I would post it. He has not been on TMS since 2012 But maybe he will get an Email I mentioned him so He Knows I appreciate the Post! It's Really Beautiful!

Today is Andrew's 33rd Birthday & Yes it Still Hurts. I wish I had his Courage During these Crazy Days the World is Going Through Presently. I could really Appreciate his Company about Now. What a Family we Had at Tms Back Then! I sure Miss all the Folks That have Gone from Here! The Best of The Best Watched Andrew's Story. What an Impact He Had as This Story Exceeds 100k Views

Mgb, to All the Folks who Shared this Journey and Those Who will Come to Know of Him Through this Journal!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/23/22 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12/23/22, 12:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I scanned some of the old posts today and this one by @Gaspi101 really grabbed me. So I thought I would post it. He has not been on TMS since 2012 But maybe he will get an Email I mentioned him so He Knows I appreciate the Post! It's Really Beautiful!

Today is Andrew's 33rd Birthday & Yes it Still Hurts. I wish I had his Courage During these Crazy Days the World is Going Through Presently. I could really Appreciate his Company about Now. What a Family we Had at Tms Back Then! I sure Miss all the Folks That have Gone from Here! The Best of The Best Watched Andrew's Story. What an Impact He Had as This Story Exceeds 100k Views

Mgb, to All the Folks who Shared this Journey and Those Who will Come to Know of Him Through this Journal!

KC
Every time I see a post come up from you or see your screen name and avatar, first thing that pops in my mind is Andrew and this thread and following it when everyone was around here back then.
05stangkc (12/23/22)
Old 12/23/22, 01:11 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Every time I see a post come up from you or see your screen name and avatar, first thing that pops in my mind is Andrew and this thread and following it when everyone was around here back then.
Thanks For Honoring His Memory with a Post on Andrew's Thread! I Really Appreciate it! I know some of the Inactive Old Timers are Still Subscribed to this Thread! I Hope Some will Visit & Share as Well!

Kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/23/22 at 01:13 PM.
Old 1/6/23, 08:46 AM

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries...ry?id=21057032

12 Years to the Day!

Again Today I read the Repost of #949 and it Brings Some Comfort.

Thanks Brandon for Posting on His Legacy Site.

Love You Son,

Dad
Old 3/5/23, 09:10 PM

Thinking of Andrew & Other Special People I Have Lost!

May These Words Touch Someone Who is Grieving in Their Heart!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 3/5/23 at 09:12 PM.
1 COBRA (3/6/23)
Old 3/6/23, 03:49 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
KC: I just went thru the first 400+ posts of this topic, I felt compelled to refresh my memory. You might not remember but back then I posted as "1 BULLITT".

I completely understood what you and your family were going through and the pain all endured, a similar sad stage that unfortunately my family and I experienced several times since 2010. It is indescribable the feeling of losing such a close relative. On a positive note, I observed the perseverance, intimacy, and love you and your family displayed during those trying times, that was commendable to say the least. I felt helpless to only be able to assist in limited basis instead of being part of an actual happy solution.

I was gone from TMS for a long time mainly due to personal loses and missed a lot of what you went through so I was not able to offer my condolences. It is kind of late but I am truly sorry for your loss.

My best to you and your family.
Old 3/7/23, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 1 COBRA
KC: I just went thru the first 400+ posts of this topic, I felt compelled to refresh my memory. You might not remember but back then I posted as "1 BULLITT".

I completely understood what you and your family were going through and the pain all endured, a similar sad stage that unfortunately my family and I experienced several times since 2010. It is indescribable the feeling of losing such a close relative. On a positive note, I observed the perseverance, intimacy, and love you and your family displayed during those trying times, that was commendable to say the least. I felt helpless to only be able to assist in limited basis instead of being part of an actual happy solution.

I was gone from TMS for a long time mainly due to personal loses and missed a lot of what you went through so I was not able to offer my condolences. It is kind of late but I am truly sorry for your loss.

My best to you and your family.
George,

May I offer My Condolences for Your Losses. We Too Have Lost Others since Andrew as Well!

It's Always Great to Hear that His Thread Still Inspires People after all these Years. It Means the World to Me. Like Yourself I was Gone From TMS for Many Years as Well. I wonder about All the Folks who Posted in this Thread and Where they Went and Hope Life Was Good to Them! If Only They Knew How Much We appreciated Their Support!

May You,

George & Your Family Be Blessed in The Coming Days!

Thank You So Much!

KC

Andrew Says Thanks for the Smile!
1 COBRA (3/7/23)
Old 3/7/23, 11:44 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
05stangkc (3/7/23)
Old 4/8/23, 09:25 PM

Read the Link First and Note the Date Posted!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...0/#post6048658

Well Exactly 12 Years to the Day of the Link Post We Got Another Bee Colony! When I Saw them I Just Had a Weird Feeling it Was Close to the Time of Year of The First Bee Experience. I Called a Local Bee Keeper and He Just Left after Picking up the Colony. I told Him the Story as Well and He Was Pretty Amazed at the Circumstances. We Chatted Quite A bit About Andrew and It Still Has Me in a Bit Of Shock. It Was about as Easy Retrieval as It Gets He said.

They Were Next to My Mail Box on Some Oleander Branches. In the Second Pic you can See a Blue Truck which is Next to Andrews Charger. That's How Close it Was to the First Colony. His Charger is still in the Same Spot 12 Years Later.

Well They are Special Bee's No, SUPER BEE'S To Me and They are Going to a Good Home. I Asked If at some Point They Produced Honey if he would Bring me some and he said he would be Honored to do so. He Also Said it was About 10,000 Bee's in his Estimation. That's a Big Family! It was About the Size of a Basket Ball I would Say!

During the Process the Mailman Came By and I told Him the story and He said he got Got Chills! The Amazon Delivery Driver also came By and Was Petrified and Barely Cracked His Window to Give me a Package and Quickly Rolled it Back Up and Speed Off!

Funny The Wife & I Had No Fear of the Bee's Whatsoever. She Even Took a selfie With them!

What a Day! Well Make of It What you Like But I Will Take it as sign From Andrew!

Praise The Lord!

KC

Look Dead Center Of Pic!

New Bee Hive on 04/08/2023

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/8/23 at 09:33 PM.
Old 4/11/23, 01:36 PM

Update to Above Post!

Late Saturday Night April 8th I Heard a Loud Car Sounding Out of Control in front of the House. It's Not Unusual as We Are The Second House past the City Limits on a Inviting Country Road. For Whatever Reason it's Hammer Time When They Hit the Country. What was Odd Was How Close the Noise Was But I Was Half Asleep and Judging By the Sound They would be Long gone By the Time I got to the Front Door.

Well I was Dead tired from all the Yard Work & Excitement Saturday & Did Not Do Much on Sunday and Since it was Sunday I Did Not have to go to the Mailbox. I felt I could Do a Little yardwork on Monday and came Around the Front Yard on the Lawn Tractor and Discovered Why the Noise Was So Loud. The Out of Control Car Ran into the Very Same Oleanders as the Bee's were in. In Fact Looking at the Tracks and They Way Dirt Was Flung The Car Got Scraped & The Drivers Window Would Have Been Invaded by The Bee's if the Bee Keeper Would Not Have Removed them So Quickly! That is if the Window was Down & it Likely Was as The Weather Was Warm. What a Surprize to get a Face Full of Riled Up Bee's

Anyhoo Believe it's Just a Bizarre Deal! The Car Missed The Mailbox by a Few Feet and The Tail of The Harley Truck By About Six Feet. The Shelby Was Parked in Front of the Truck! Could Have Been a Real Mess! I will Count it as a BEElessing!

Today is the 12 Year Anniversary of the First Colony Queen Bee Being Removed From Our House and The Bee Keeper Said It Would Be a Day or So And All The Bees Would Be Gone. That Would Be the 12th Which is Ironically the 13 Year Anniversary Of This Thread and Andrew's Diagnoses of Leukemia.

Just Seems Mighty Strange!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/11/23 at 01:40 PM.
Old 4/11/23, 01:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
It may seem strange to some folks, but I don't really believe in coincidence. I think everything happens for a reason and we're not the ones in control of them and we may never understand why in this life.
Old 4/21/23, 05:30 PM

BEE all you can BEE!

KC

shaneyusa (7/12/23)

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle