Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 3/26/11, 07:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of you KC. I hope that you're able to keep yourself busy, and that your memories of Andrew are all fond ones.

Chris
Old 3/27/11, 03:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a thank you card from Terri and the family, but concerned there has been no sign of Kevin? Anyone talked to him lately? I sent a check to the family per his request and has not seen the bank as of Friday?
Old 3/27/11, 03:20 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah I've been thinking about them too. Hope the family is OK.
Old 3/27/11, 04:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My belated condolences to you and yours KC…
Old 4/1/11, 06:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
It's been awhile since I've come through these forums. I am very sad to hear this news, and am a bit ashamed that I had not come along much earlier to.

Full speed ahead, Andrew.

God bless, KC.
Old 4/6/11, 02:05 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,863 Posts
Today is 3 months ago we lost our son Andrew. We are Also a couple of days shy of his Leukemia Relapse 1 Year Ago.

I'm Sure Andrew would have loved the Headstone. It's a 64 Polara and a 69 Road Runner. Sometime back he purchased a 64 Polara for Dad to restore & replace my 63 I sold sometime back to finance an ill fated attempt at college for my daugther & his step sister Nichole. He knew how much I missed that car. He was always so thoughtful.

I am starting to come out of my shell finally and you will be seeing more of me in the forums. I appreciate everyones patience and am sorry I disappeared but it was simply too painful to come back to this site and especially this forum in particular as the wound in my heart was simply too fresh. It was impossible for me to even look at the clevparts emails as it just reminded me of what I had lost.

Now I realize there is strength here from all the support I had recieved and I am anxious to get back.

One of my guys from the old workplace gave out my home number to a Mustang Customer which was a no no. I just did not want my home number floating around the world, but I am glad he did. After taking the call and helping out by answering some questions on a 69 Stang I realized how much I missed helping out and feeling useful. I now have a dedicated number for Mustang Customers in my sig Btw.

While I will certainly never be over the Loss of my son, I am now finding the strength to move forward. I hope Andrew approves!

Mgb,

Kc
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-headstone1165x.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-headstone1167x.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/7/11 at 12:31 PM.
Old 4/6/11, 04:15 PM

Andrew & Dads 64! Just like the Headstone! I went through every book at the monument place to find the best & closest to what he had owned for cars. The one is right on!

He worked on her a bit but never got to drive it. We got it running just enough to drive it from the front to back yard. It's up to Dad & Sarah now to get er on the road. Sarah is taking Art & Auto at Jr College next year. Maybe she will be another Chip Foose!

These pics were taken the day he got her. He found the car & paid for it himself. It was a very happy & proud day for him as well as myself. He really felt like a car man on this day. I just had know Idea how much these times would mean to me such a short time later. We just don't know how life will play out.

Mgb,

Kc
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-dump-013.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-dump-018.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/6/11 at 04:26 PM.
Old 4/6/11, 04:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hi man, glad to have you back around..... gotta keep movin' forward.... just do so at your own pace.
Old 4/6/11, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
Hi man, glad to have you back around..... gotta keep movin' forward.... just do so at your own pace.
It's good to be back.

KC
Old 4/6/11, 05:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see you back here! We've missed you.
Old 4/6/11, 05:23 PM

We have a new addition to the Family. He is a much needed distraction & source to focus our attention. GIZMO! as you can see he bears a resemblance to the movie character from Gremlins. He is a Pappion! He is great we just can't feed him after dark!

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-nitro-124.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-nitro-125.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-headstone1-183.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-headstone1-192.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/6/11 at 07:52 PM.
Old 4/6/11, 05:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
GIZMO! as you can see he bears a resemblance to the movie character from Gremlins. He is a Pappion! He is great we just can't feed him after dark!

KC
He does!
Old 4/6/11, 05:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool dog. Welcome back!
Old 4/6/11, 05:54 PM
GT Member

Welcome back Kevin. Im glad your starting to get back. Its a long and hard process. I wanted to see about some parts and if you could still get them for me. No rush just when ever your up to it.
Old 4/6/11, 05:58 PM

Andrew Always Loved Critters!

Missing you!

Dad
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewcritters.jpg  
Old 4/6/11, 06:10 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
+1 good to hear from you Kevin!
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We have a new addition to the Family. He is a much needed distraction & source to focus our attention. GIZMO! as you can see he bears a resemblance to the movie character from Gremlins. He is a Pappion! He is great we just can't feed him after dark!

KC
Gizmo is adorable and does look like a gremlin
Old 4/6/11, 06:43 PM

A message from Andrew????

Today on the 3 month anniversary of Andrews passing Sarah & I were sitting on the porch earlier today talking about how much we wanted a sign from above that Andrew was ok. After our talk I kind of put it out of my mind.

A couple of hours later Terri called me to the front door to show me a giant swarm of Bee's ,Must have been thousands over our Driveway. You could hear them from 20 feet away. They hung out for an hour or so and then dispersed. I thought how odd as it had never happened before at our place and then kind of let it go.

Oddly Gizmo who hardly ever barks started barking at nothing in the living room. He seemed to be chasing after nothing. This was after they were gone.

After dinner I went and checked to see if the bees were all gone. They were pretty much.

I sat down on the porch and then it hit me. The bee's were all centered over and around Andrews Charger and nowhere else. Andrew had planned on turning his Charger into a Super Bee.

The Letter B has a great significance for his mopar. It is a {B}-Body it has a {B}- engine and he wanted to outfit it with Super Bee Parts. we talked about it shortly before his passing. In Fact I have been getting Super Bee Parts for the car still.

Coincidence? Imagination gone wild? A sign? I don't know but it gives me a chill thinking about it.

Andrew if your sending a sign it sure was creative and gave dad a smile!

Love,

Dad
Attached Images   

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/8/11 at 06:54 PM.
Old 4/6/11, 07:07 PM

Andrew Resting after a Day of working on the Charger!

6 months before the Relapse.

Sporting a FORD shirt no less, He had good taste!

Rest well my Son!

Love Dad!
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-100_0461.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/6/11 at 07:09 PM.
Old 4/6/11, 07:47 PM

Work continues on Andrews Charger.

Mostly getting Parts but I did manage to restore a set of FORD 15x7 Magnum 500's and Grind out the centers to accept some repop Mopar center caps. It's got a motorcraft Battery as well. Darn Dad and his Ford Parts.

I also painted the Calipers and Drums Hemi Orange for a nice contrast.

Stripping the paint on the centers and getting the new paint on correctly is a time consuming but rewarding job. These wheels are circa 1972 and had seen better days. I think Andrew would be pleased. Right Era for Sure!

Even though the tires look great and have a ton of tread they are 13 years old and a bit dry. They will have to be changed.

It is hard working on his car at times due to memory overload. I have a friend who has his Dad's Truck, who passed and he was not able to touch it for over a decade.

I simply have to get er back on the Road as we are all anxious to drive it again.

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-headstone1-182.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 4/6/11 at 07:54 PM.
Old 4/7/11, 02:41 AM
V6 Member

Its good to have you back, you were missed! and about the bee's, I would certainly take it as a SIGN!

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle