Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

So Long SVT

Search this Thread

Old 3/4/06, 11:25 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 4, 2006, 12:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's business. Ford still has emotion, but that emotion needs to be in its mainstream cars. If Ford can start building better cars that are profitable, I have no doubts that SVT will be back one day better than ever. HTT is getting a bashed in this thread for no reason. It's not his fault and we all know that he has a passion. Anyone whom disagrees should take a look at the S197.
[/b][/quote]

I don't mean to come off as talking bad about HTT. When i met him he is an extremely nice guy and you can tell he really cares about what he does. But he doesn't seem to be someone that would be outspoken enough to have effected what Ford did with SVT.
Old 3/4/06, 11:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight @ March 4, 2006, 12:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
But he doesn't seem to be someone that would be outspoken enough to have effected what Ford did with SVT.
[/b][/quote]

That wouldn't be a good politcal move. Again, HTT can't change what's happening. It's silly to blame him.
Old 3/4/06, 03:03 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
SVT has been instrumental and involved in all mayor Ford high performance projects. If Ford is planning to continue in this market, it would not make much sense to dismantle a group of experienced personnel. If the plan is the opposite, the GT500 might be the last harrah on the high performance end, which would lead to the question of SEs. It will be interesting what projections Ford has for Mustang SEs, if any.

Next year's show at Detroit should be a good indication of Ford's direction.
Old 3/4/06, 03:12 PM
Cam Tease

I doubt Ford will call it quits on SE Mustangs, not with Chevy and Chrysler bringing their toys to the fray.
Old 3/4/06, 08:23 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 4, 2006, 1:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's business. Ford still has emotion, but that emotion needs to be in its mainstream cars. If Ford can start building better cars that are profitable, I have no doubts that SVT will be back one day better than ever. HTT is getting a bashed in this thread for no reason. It's not his fault and we all know that he has a passion. Anyone whom disagrees should take a look at the S197.
[/b][/quote]
I disagree, i think svt will be gone forever, never ever to be known again as svt and never ever led by a great like John Colletti, also HTT didn't fight for svt, so he will get bashed, that is the reality.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight @ March 4, 2006, 1:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I don't mean to come off as talking bad about HTT. When i met him he is an extremely nice guy and you can tell he really cares about what he does. But he doesn't seem to be someone that would be outspoken enough to have effected what Ford did with SVT.
[/b][/quote]
I haven't met him, i have just read most of the stuff he says and i really don't care for the 05 gt, imo the only thing it has going for it is its looks.
Old 3/5/06, 01:34 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ March 4, 2006, 9:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I disagree, i think svt will be gone forever, never ever to be known again as svt and never ever led by a great like John Colletti, also HTT didn't fight for svt, so he will get bashed, that is the reality.

I haven't met him, i have just read most of the stuff he says and i really don't care for the 05 gt, imo the only thing it has going for it is its looks.
[/b][/quote]

I don't understand what fighting for SVT would have accomplished. I guess he could have made himself look like a hero to a small minority, but in the end it wouldn't have done anything. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years.
Old 3/5/06, 07:11 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ March 4, 2006, 9:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
HTT didn't fight for svt, so he will get bashed, that is the reality. [/b][/quote]
How do you know he didn't fight? Just because he didn't win doesn't mean there wasn't a battle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ March 4, 2006, 9:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>I haven't met him, i have just read most of the stuff he says and i really don't care for the 05 gt, imo the only thing it has going for it is its looks.[/b][/quote]
It takes a lot more than looks to sell 200,000 units a year and win the awards that the new Mustang has. As a previous owner of a 2001 Mustang GT Convertible, I can tell you that my 2006 Mustang is superior in every single way--except for the stereo.
Old 3/5/06, 08:30 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 5, 2006, 9:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How do you know he didn't fight?
[/b][/quote]
We don't, not for sure. But it is not difficult to reach that conclusion when his emphasis in his public statements have not been too supportive of SVT and its following instead it has been about his "group". I don't recall HTT looking up to SVT or providing that much credit for their accomplishments as if to imply the gradual Mustang evolution is his creation. If anything, the impression I have is that he has steadily distanced himself from SVT. Why else would Carroll Shelby been place to be the designated face ro represent all of Ford's high performance projects, including the concepts, in the last 2 -3 years and not anyone from SVT?
Old 3/5/06, 08:38 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Because the Shelby name sells.
Old 3/5/06, 09:44 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
A lot of people are talking about it like they know exactly what happened, is happening and will happen.
Old 3/5/06, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ March 5, 2006, 10:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
A lot of people are talking about it like they know exactly what happened, is happening and will happen.
[/b][/quote]

A lot of people don't watch the news or read a newspaper.
Old 3/5/06, 10:50 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 5, 2006, 10:41 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Because the Shelby name sells.
[/b][/quote]

The sad truth.........bean counters and marketing are in control [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/img]
but that's why it's called a bu$ine$$
Old 3/5/06, 11:23 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ March 5, 2006, 11:47 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
If you follow patterns and rely on common sense the answers usually fall in place. Ford cannot be happy with any negative rumor. If that is all it is, one of the its top honchos can request a press conference or grant an interview to the publication of choice to clear matters up. Silence is usually viewed as a confirmation.

Issues do not simply disappear because some do not like the theme. Ignoring a situation by the involved party adds fuel to the fire and bring even more speculations. So here we are.
Old 3/5/06, 11:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 5, 2006, 12:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
If you follow patterns and rely on common sense the answers usually fall in place. Ford cannot be happy with any negative rumor. If that is all it is, one of the its top honchos can request a press conference or grant an interview to the publication of choice to clear matters up. Silence is usually viewed as a confirmation.

Issues do not simply disappear because some do not like the theme. Ignoring a situation by the involved party adds fuel to the fire and bring even more speculations. So here we are.
[/b][/quote]

That's not what I was referring to. Ford's "Way Forward" plan was all over the media last month. It's very simple business why SVT is downsizing or going away. Ford's N/A operations aren't doing well, therefore they need to run lean.
Old 3/5/06, 02:07 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 5, 2006, 1:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That's not what I was referring to...
[/b][/quote]
I would be surprised if you would be since it was Boomer I replied to. If I understood the contents of his comments, his reference addressed and challanged the expertice of some TMS members' thoughts on the matter rather than the issue itself.
Old 3/5/06, 02:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 5, 2006, 3:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I would be surprised if you would be since it was Boomer I replied to. If I understood the contents of his comments, his reference addressed and challanged the expertice of some TMS members' thoughts on the matter rather than the issue itself.
[/b][/quote]

I am not psychic, but I would imagine that he is talking about the people whom think that HTT or Colleti could have fought to save SVT.
Old 3/5/06, 03:07 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
From ProudPony over at CamaroZ28:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I have done some looking, calling, and talking to "buddies", and I really don't like what I'm hearing.

Apparently, the group presently known as "SVT" is going to be absorbed into a larger, more encompassing group that will probably take the name Team Ford Racing - or TFR. TFR already exists, and will simply expand to encompass the 4 other groups Ford has operating independently.

The "new" TFR group will contain SVT entirely, and will also incorporate Ford Racing Performance Parts (FRPP), SVTOA (Owners Association), and Ford Racing (the oval track boys).

I'm not to sure this is a good thing in it's own right.
SVT has created an incredibly loyal following over the years, and their reputation for service is second to none. WHY RISK IT? Why drop this brand (it essentially is a brand within Ford) at a time when everyone else is trying to copy it?!?! (SRT, PAG, AMG, etc.) In my opinion, Ford would be better off to leave SVT alone and let them start releasing new product ASAP (like an SVT Fusion, another Lightning, and another Mustang), and consolidate the other 3 racing groups into TFR - at least in the short term. I'd be willing to bet that SVT generates more public sales and "public fanfare"/"image" for Ford than the other 4 groups combined.

There is an announcement expected on or about July1 of this year regarding this "consolidation". In the mean time, Ford has already begun to realign the SVTOA club with the TFR club. Magazine subscriptions to "SVT Enthusiast" are being reallocated to "Inside The Oval".

A letter written by Mickey Matus, Ford Performance Group Marketing Manager, is published on the SVTOA website that explains some of the proposed details. In the mean time, there are numerous calls for email and snail mail to Ford asking them NOT to do this[/b][/quote]

And more from GuionM:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Colletti did the GT500. They were working on it when I did my 1st interview with him back in early 2003 and were finishing up on what turned out to be the stillborn "Supercooled" supercharged new Lightning. My interview was mainly about (ironically) SVT being adsorbed into Ford Performance.

He was pretty excited (and pretty colorful) about SVT's future at the time. He saw it as a way to get even more resources available, and have more items at his disposal. SVT was so small, they had enough engineers to only really work on one product at a time.

Hau was the guy who was developing the Mustang at the time. He moved to SVT after the Mustang was done. The GT500 was under final development, and he was too late to have any real influence on the car. He would have had more influence on the Adrenialine.

The SVT Fusion and Five Hundred would have been the 1st cars that were all his.

His influence seems limited to getting the all but done GT500 out, and overseeing the adsorbtion (or dismantiling) of the SVT network into FPD.

Kind of fitting moving out an accomplished drag racer & trash talker like Colletti as head of SVT, and replacing him with an very excellent, but low keyed and dispassionate engineer like Hau.[/b][/quote]

CamaroZ28
Old 3/5/06, 03:25 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 5, 2006, 4:49 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am not psychic...
[/b][/quote]
Such disappointing admittance.

Had you not disclosed it you could have impersonated a fortune teller and volunteered your services as Bill Ford's personal media director since there might be a "Way Forward" vacancy in the near future.
Old 3/5/06, 03:42 PM

If GuionM is truthful in his comments that would mean the right people have not received their due credit for their efforts. Someone underserving has.

I have a feeling a lot of trash is about to over flow from Ford.
Old 3/5/06, 06:11 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 5, 2006, 9:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How do you know he didn't fight? Just because he didn't win doesn't mean there wasn't a battle.
It takes a lot more than looks to sell 200,000 units a year and win the awards that the new Mustang has. As a previous owner of a 2001 Mustang GT Convertible, I can tell you that my 2006 Mustang is superior in every single way--except for the stereo.
[/b][/quote]
The mustang didn't reach 200k units in 2005, it was more like 160k units. either way we're all a bunch of speculators...and as for the HTT part, I believe George has thoroughly expressed the same thoughts i have.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1 BULLITT @ March 5, 2006, 5:28 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Such disappointing admittance.

Had you not disclosed it you could have impersonated a fortune teller and volunteered your services as Bill Ford's personal media director since there might be a "Way Forward" vacancy in the near future.
[/b][/quote]
hahah [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rollinglaugh.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: So Long SVT