This article is not true.
Old 3/2/06, 05:52 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
whew.... thanks brad...i was very worried
Old 3/2/06, 06:13 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 7:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
Well, that seems to clear the whole matter right up.

I guess that by the "not true" statement you will follow to solidify your assessment by elaborating on the facts, plans, and SVT's present state of the union provided to you by someone with a name other than a reliable source.
Old 3/2/06, 06:23 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheMustangSource @ March 2, 2006, 7:53 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I don't know if it is or not... all I know is I just found it on BMC and posted it here...
Old 3/2/06, 06:25 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was another thread somewhere. Brad apparently has a contact somewhere in SVT. Seems like a good enough source for me.
Old 3/2/06, 08:08 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Here's what I know about SVT:

There are going to be a lot of cuts and Ford, and SVT isn't immune.

SVT is being mainstreamed. What made SVT SVT was that it was engineers and marketing guys working directly with the enthusiasts to develop product. Now the SVT marketing group is being let go. Effective April 1, all marketing of SVT product will be handled by the same people that do all of the other Mustang marketing. The same public affairs folks that will handle the GT500 will also do the GT/CS. Before, these models would be handled by two wholly separate groups.

Last year, SVT had three 18-wheelers they took to shows with cool SVT products. They also had a Ford Racing Parts trailer. Now there is one.

The guy that used to do the SVT web site is a member of the marketing group. He's out April 1.

There will be no SVT dealers. SVT products will be available to any dealership that meets the minimum volume and service requirements.

SVT will still be there. Hau still has a strong team of engineers developing high performance products that you and I will want to own.

It's a different time now than it was back in 1991 when work began on the 1993 Cobra, but I truly believe that Hau is the perfect person to make SVT what it needs to be to be financially feasible while producing earth shaking and ground breaking products.

I think you'll see some really cool product across FoMoCo's brands. Hau won't say if SVT is working on the Fusion, but I can't think of a better platform with which to start. And I think you'll see SVT badges on Mercury models soon, like DC does with their SRT8s.
Old 3/2/06, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly, if you think in a business sense the article holds a lot of truth. Ford needs to focus all of it's R&D and resources to its mainstream lineup. We are all enthusiasts here and love SVT, but that's not going to make Ford's NA operation profitable. If I was Bill Ford, SVT would have been dead long ago. I wouldn't be so sure that SVT will be around and IMO it's existence is shaky.
Old 3/3/06, 06:08 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to say it, but I have to agree,

The R&D money should be chanelled to build a strong mainstream model lineup. Once the core model lineups are strengthened, then you can really concentrate on building a strong niche lineup. Its a tough balance because enthusiasts are such a small piece of the pie yet tend to be some of the most loyal customers.
Old 3/3/06, 06:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 3, 2006, 1:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Honestly, if you think in a business sense the article holds a lot of truth. Ford needs to focus all of it's R&D and resources to its mainstream lineup. We are all enthusiasts here and love SVT, but that's not going to make Ford's NA operation profitable. If I was Bill Ford, SVT would have been dead long ago. I wouldn't be so sure that SVT will be around and IMO it's existence is shaky.
[/b][/quote]

Unfortunately, if ford cant turn a profit with its real money-makers, the high-volume sedans and pick-ups, there will be no SVT at all. I'd rather see them scale back now to get back on their feet again, get their mainstream cars selling again, and then bring the enthusiast vehicles back up to full force in a few years.
Old 3/3/06, 07:57 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
It sounds to me like SVT is going to get watered down a bit.
They've Axed the Adrenalin so now SVT only has one car (Shebly)
Basically SVT's downfall started with Coletti leaving. I'm sure Hau is capable of making good decisions but he doesn't seem to hold the clout JC did. He's not about to put his neck on the line. My feelings are that they will water down SVT so much that it will end up being a marketing gimmick or just die a slow death unless some changes are made. It will more than likely take a few years but we'll see.
I will honestly be suprised if SVT becomes a full force entity again.

Just my .02
Old 3/3/06, 09:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burningman @ March 3, 2006, 9:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Basically SVT's downfall started with Coletti leaving. I'm sure Hau is capable of making good decisions but he doesn't seem to hold the clout JC did. He's not about to put his neck on the line. My feelings are that they will water down SVT so much that it will end up being a marketing gimmick or just die a slow death unless some changes are made. It will more than likely take a few years but we'll see.
I will honestly be suprised if SVT becomes a full force entity again.

Just my .02
[/b][/quote]

The downfall started when Ford's financial troubles started.
Old 3/3/06, 11:33 AM
Needs to be more Astony

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 3, 2006, 10:12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
The downfall started when Ford's financial troubles started.
[/b][/quote]
so you think coletti would have let the same thing happen?
Old 3/3/06, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight @ March 3, 2006, 1:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

I dont think john coletti would have been able to do anything to stop ford's financial woes. having a little more experience and clout than hau, he may have been able to limit the reductions to the svt team, but there isnt much he can do with cars like the fivehundred and fusion. obviously, that's not his area to deal with. but i dont blame svt's present problems on coletti's departure.
Old 3/3/06, 01:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight @ March 3, 2006, 12:36 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]

Unless Coletti had millions upon millions of dollars of his own personal money to pump into SVT, nope.
Old 3/3/06, 01:07 PM
Needs to be more Astony

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(max2000jp @ March 3, 2006, 2:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Unless Coletti had millions upon millions of dollars of his own personal money to pump into SVT, nope.
[/b][/quote]
I am not talking about Fords financial troubles... i mean SVT getting ripped apart.
Old 3/3/06, 02:20 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knight @ March 3, 2006, 2:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I am not talking about Fords financial troubles... i mean SVT getting ripped apart.
[/b][/quote]

Ford's financial troubles are the reason why SVT is getting restructured. If Ford had money, this wouldn't be happening IMO.
Old 3/3/06, 02:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My buddy Mike called SVT:

"OK Anyone that doubts can call 1-800-FORD-SVT. They no longer answer the phone as "Special Vehicle Team". They now say "Ford Performance". The person on the phone said "SVT operations will cease on March 31st". "
Old 3/3/06, 02:49 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can vouch for that. They answered "Ford Performance"

Quick Reply: So Long SVT