SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Are we the black sheep now?

Search this Thread

Old 1/3/11, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

I really apologize. I was just testy and pissy last night. She's a 30 yr old Foundation Appaloosa. I can't believe she's even standing this morning. Even ate fine. Going to head to town for some penicillin and run a course. Never seen a horse throw up before.

Oh, and the gal at the vets office drives a.... drum roll please... SN95!
Haha yea horses throwing up is on strange sight and an even stranger sound. Im not a passionate horse guy but my buddy has 3 clydsedales (i forget how to spell) and those things r monsters! And where ya from? Cuz im tryin tinget a mustang crew together around south texas
Old 1/3/11, 09:41 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed
Around here it's mainly SN95's and foxes, followed by S197's and a few classics here and there. Camaro's are rarely seen, old & new. Wonder why.
However here, the fifth gen Camaro is very popular. Then again I'm in the middle of Brand-X land.

How bad is it? I'm glad you asked. Brand-Xers around here will save a useless rusted out GM 4-bolt SBC engine block and throw a completely good 5.0 pushrod motor away because they dont know anybody who'd use it.

To add insult to injury the same guys would be happy to sell me said engine for a coupla hundred dollars and if I dont bite, they still throw the **** engine away.

True story, several times!
Old 1/4/11, 02:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0
Haha yea horses throwing up is on strange sight and an even stranger sound. Im not a passionate horse guy but my buddy has 3 clydsedales (i forget how to spell) and those things r monsters! And where ya from? Cuz im tryin tinget a mustang crew together around south texas
I'd be in Oregon. They say horses can't regurgitate, but I saw her throw up 3 times - once right at me as I was holding a pan of water for her. Weirdest thing I've seen in 23 yrs with horses. What gets me so pissed off is when they have gut problems - because my experiences usually have been that I have to put a .45 in their brain out of compassion. Don't want to get off track on this thread, posted some notes to MCTC:

https://themustangsource.com/f657/mu...4/#post5993392

Originally Posted by future9er24
it had alot of retro cues at the time. remember, it was the return of the pony in the grille, sidescoops, three element tailights etc. alot of that stuff hadnt been around for a long time and while the car itself isnt as retro on the whole as the S197, it was still seen as pretty retro at the time. its a classic examples of retro cues in a (then) modern car whereas the s197 had an extremely retro visual theme with a modern car underneath
Good explanaton.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/4/11 at 02:43 PM.
Old 1/8/11, 11:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
it had alot of retro cues at the time. remember, it was the return of the pony in the grille, sidescoops, three element tailights etc. alot of that stuff hadnt been around for a long time and while the car itself isnt as retro on the whole as the S197, it was still seen as pretty retro at the time. its a classic examples of retro cues in a (then) modern car whereas the s197 had an extremely retro visual theme with a modern car underneath
Have to totally agree with this post.
Originally Posted by bob
However here, the fifth gen Camaro is very popular. Then again I'm in the middle of Brand-X land.

How bad is it? I'm glad you asked. Brand-Xers around here will save a useless rusted out GM 4-bolt SBC engine block and throw a completely good 5.0 pushrod motor away because they dont know anybody who'd use it.

To add insult to injury the same guys would be happy to sell me said engine for a coupla hundred dollars and if I dont bite, they still throw the **** engine away.

True story, several times!
Very true! The rage here has, and always will be, Toyota 1.8L's or rotaries, instead of chevy small blocks, but there are those kind too.
Old 1/16/11, 09:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Love my Mach1.,,, Like the 05-09 and really like the 2010 and newer
Old 1/16/11, 06:21 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
This guy [at the gas station] is not a true mustang fan...if he was...we would have known that there's no such a thing as an "unwanted stang"...I dont care what model or year we are talking about. This guy missed the whole point of being a stang owner...he should be riding a scooter.

Last edited by MadGT; 1/16/11 at 06:24 PM.
Old 1/16/11, 07:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
I was at a gas station filling up when a S197 GT pulled in behind me. I acknowledged his ride and mentioned I did some decent work to mine and praised me for sticking with an "unwanted model year". It kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. Unwanted model year? I mean, I understand the popularity of the Fox bodies and the S197, but since when has the SN95 fallen to unwanted status?
I like 'em; both the "jelly bean" and "new edge" (though prefer new edge). I'm thinking about picking up an '01 Bullitt.
I'll try to wave or give thumbs up to anyone driving a nicely kept Mustang, of any vintage.. That's when I'm paying attention. Sometimes I see them wave, and I don't till it's too late... Not because anyone's is more or less cool, but just 'cause I may not have seen you in time.
Old 1/18/11, 12:04 PM
V6 Member

Perfectly sums up my feelings on the SN95s too. In fact, I like the New Edge versions so much I just picked up a 2003 GT 'vert this last weekend to add to the herd :

My GF and I spent a whole day cleaning and detailing it to our satisfaction and we plan to add most of the same mods I did on my '01 coupe to this one (suspension kit, rear wheel spacers, Mach 1 chin spoiler and blackout panels between the tail lights). The price is right on these models nowadays and this one should make for a very nice weekend cruiser.
Old 1/18/11, 01:22 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts

All my Mustangs have been bought new with 0 miles. I'm on my 5th Mustang. I have loved everyone of my past Mustangs. My first Mustang was a .................................................. .......1976 Mustang II . Believe it or not, i got a lot of thumbs up and waves .
Old 1/18/11, 03:07 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
...1976 Mustang II . Believe it or not, i got a lot of thumbs up and waves .

Are you sure those were thumbs or...?

Old 1/19/11, 12:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
I'm considering on replacing the Protege with a new edge, probably a v6, but if the price is right on a GT...
Old 1/20/11, 01:41 AM
GT Member

Exactly. In fact, that's how Ford marked it in 94. "It is what it was, and more" TV and paper ads compared many of these mentioned features 64 vs 94 to emphasize "old but new". Posters showed mirrored images of a 94 looking at a reflection of a 64, or wad it the other way around, you never knew. Everything from coins to belt buckles to beach towels displayed both 94 and 64 mustangs together to prove that it indeed is what it was and more. I have a HUGE collection of 30th anniversary memorabilia so I know.

As far as being "unwanted," he was just being ignorant. I dont think he intended to be rude. He sees a 17-7 year ford. Not a classic, and not modern. So why take pride in ownership? He saw that and admired that you however, did. He knows that stock a V6 s197 is faster than a V8 SN95 if you get your years right. He may also know that the his car has a better weight distribution, built 100% new while we borrow part of a fox chassis and 70s suspension. And without modern luxuries like a built in GPS, heated seats, mp3 player... You know listing things like this just makes stock 1994s look bad compared to an 04. Not that 04s have all these things, but comparing performance, there's no abs or traction control on my car. My car came with 145hp. I "upgraded" and now my computer is no longer OBDII. My gauges are all analog. My engine uses push rods. ...oh dear, I've depressed myself.

But don't fret. In Aug 2010 a guy in a 2011 Shelby Mustang complimented mine at a gas station. What does that say about SN95s.
Old 2/20/11, 08:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

i love my '04 gt! only one car i want more... terminator... but don't tell her i said that. shes temperamental.
Old 2/20/11, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5.0

I live in Houston area. Pm me with more info
Old 2/23/11, 12:16 PM

I love my '02 V6. Mine turns list of heads, kinda has the look of the old fastback
Attached Images  
Old 2/23/11, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by sinisterbullitt

I live in Houston area. Pm me with more info
I live out in brenham.