Oh I will, don't you (or TacBear) worry
Old 11/6/10, 06:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not cool.
Old 11/6/10, 07:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Whats this? 99-04 cars are black sheep now? Join the club of 74-78 and 94-98 we have been waiting lol! At the end of the day 05-10 cars are gonna feel like black sheep soon with the huge power difference of the 5.0 cars coming out now.

At the end of the day you have to be happy with what you have or you will never be happy. I have to admit there are a lot of smug 05-09 owners out there but oh well what can you do...
Old 11/6/10, 07:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
Whats this? 99-04 cars are black sheep now? Join the club of 74-78 and 94-98 we have been waiting lol! At the end of the day 05-10 cars are gonna feel like black sheep soon with the huge power difference of the 5.0 cars coming out now.

At the end of the day you have to be happy with what you have or you will never be happy. I have to admit there are a lot of smug 05-09 owners out there but oh well what can you do...
Oh pish tosh ol' chap, pish tosh.
Old 11/6/10, 10:41 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Id take a SN95 GT over a S197 anyday
Old 11/6/10, 05:54 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by BA Mustang
This
Old 11/6/10, 07:02 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wanna talk about a black sheep??? lol, I dont think anybody ever notices my Lincoln...
Old 11/7/10, 09:01 AM
V6 Member

I don't care what anyone says, my SN-95 is the best car ever to me and nothing anyone is going to say to me is going to change that.
Old 11/7/10, 11:45 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Autotooner
wanna talk about a black sheep??? lol, I dont think anybody ever notices my Lincoln...

well... you did paint it black :P
Old 11/7/10, 11:53 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by future9er24
well... you did paint it black :P
hahaha

reminds me of my 8th grade teacher. It was unusual to have a man lay teacher at Cath school, but then he taught English/poetry by having class analyze his fav music like Dylan, Stones, etc...

Oh the darkness and despair behind Paint in Black...

Old 11/7/10, 12:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by tacbear
I still love my unwanted model year 2000 GT.
Old 11/7/10, 08:29 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I still miss my 2000 GT Vert....
Old 11/7/10, 08:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BA Mustang
Old 11/7/10, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think he was skurred of my cams
Old 11/8/10, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know I think any person who claims to be a "car guy" that can't appreciate another car simply is not a car guy.

If I see a car, any car, and the paint is clean and the car is obviously taken care of I appreciate it. I don't care if it's a truck, car, moped, whatever.

What I don't appreciate are people who don't take care of their cars.

I saw a Mistubishi 3000GT the other day with bird crap that looked like it had been on the roof, side of the car (running down the drivers door) and rear deck of the car for months... maybe years.

When these cars came out I wanted one so badly, and when I saw one that had been so obviously neglected it made me very sad.

In contrast one of my neighbors had a Toyota Camry (I think) it was some type of Toyota, but the car was an 86 and it practically looked brand new. Because he took care of it. He appreciated it-- and it showed.

To me he was more of a "car guy" than most other self-branded car guys because no matter what he drove he appreciated it and took care of it.

I have a '91 GT and the car looks almost new and I get compliments all the time, but I can't tell you how many fox body cars I see that are ragged out to hell on the road.

I bet the guy that made that ridiculous remark doesn't care and has never REALLY cared about his cars otherwise he would never make a stupid comment like that.
Old 11/15/10, 03:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Imatk
I have a '91 GT and the car looks almost new and I get compliments all the time, but I can't tell you how many fox body cars I see that are ragged out to hell on the road.
im doing my part keeping the foxes minty ;-)

Old 11/15/10, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Imatk
You know I think any person who claims to be a "car guy" that can't appreciate another car simply is not a car guy.

If I see a car, any car, and the paint is clean and the car is obviously taken care of I appreciate it. I don't care if it's a truck, car, moped, whatever.

What I don't appreciate are people who don't take care of their cars.

I saw a Mistubishi 3000GT the other day with bird crap that looked like it had been on the roof, side of the car (running down the drivers door) and rear deck of the car for months... maybe years.

When these cars came out I wanted one so badly, and when I saw one that had been so obviously neglected it made me very sad.

In contrast one of my neighbors had a Toyota Camry (I think) it was some type of Toyota, but the car was an 86 and it practically looked brand new. Because he took care of it. He appreciated it-- and it showed.

To me he was more of a "car guy" than most other self-branded car guys because no matter what he drove he appreciated it and took care of it.

I bet the guy that made that ridiculous remark doesn't care and has never REALLY cared about his cars otherwise he would never make a stupid comment like that.
I agree with this. Just about any car that's ragged out is hard to appreciate. Though I do still appreciate a lot of junk yard rotters, I know what you mean. Any time I see a clean SN95 I just love it. I really do like the body style a lot. I didn't like the interior at all but that's not too big a deal. It make a huge difference when the car is well taken care of. My wife doesn't think so but I do. I was contemplating an SN95 for a while, Cobra in fact but my wife kept nagging me about the idea and how it looked like a high school girl's car. Finally I just couldn't take it. I did the smart thing and bought the Civic Si, but I feel more like a Justin Beiber looking douche just as much in my Civic as I would have in anything else. I don't look anything like Justin Beiber by the way but every numskull I see driving one does with their sideways flat billed cap with the stickers still on it. They embarrass me. Thus the reason I chose a sedan. Just to let people know that I intentionally chose the sedan because of its utility and un-coupeness like I'm an old man. A buddy of mine is dead set on coupes but I'm a sedan lover. Something about *** hauling utility that is sexy to me. I like the Mustang though, just something about that coupe that drives me wild.

Anyway, back on topic, I support the fellow SN95 model Mustangs.
Old 11/16/10, 11:57 AM
Cobra R Member

I have to admit that the 94-98 cars look tame by today's standards but I feel it looked quite aggressive and cutting edge next to the fox body cars. I think the idea of these cars looking like "high school" cars is the fact that they are old and affordable now. When I was in high school a fox body was a "high school" car. Its sad to get old I guess.

Though I like the look of 99-04 better I think a 98 Cobra looks awesome even to this day. I'd take a 98 Cobra over a newer 99-01 Cobra!
Old 11/17/10, 12:55 PM
Cobra R Member

I thought the Early SN's always was. I now drive an '11, but will always love my 95! It being a 5.0, even more I think.
Old 11/17/10, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
that guy must suffer from being a dick
+1
Originally Posted by fdjizm
I love all mustangs, but the S197's just hit the spot...
I do have to agree with you on that. I really like the look of the New Edges not the SN95s but still wouldn't dis a SN95. The New Edges can look really really good and I wouldn't mind one of those unwanted cars
Originally Posted by cdynaco
hahaha

reminds me of my 8th grade teacher. It was unusual to have a man lay teacher at Cath school, but then he taught English/poetry by having class analyze his fav music like Dylan, Stones, etc...

Oh the darkness and despair behind Paint in Black...

You mean Paint it black??

Quick Reply: Are we the black sheep now?