SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

My 98 Cobra Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12/13/09, 05:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boduke0220
saw your car on SVTP, sweet car man! i bet that X pipe and bassani will sound good. my friend has H pipe and bassani on his Mach 1 and it sounded soo good. Im actually in the market for a 96-98 cobra myself!
Thanks Trey, I think it will sound pretty good, and hopefully with a good tune it will help pick up a few ponies too.
Good luck with your search for a Cobra, there are lots of goods ones out there for sale right now.
Old 12/14/09, 01:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The only problem I'm having is that I can't really sell my car to buy a Cobra because I use my GT as my daily driver. I figure, though, that once I save enough money to buy my 96-98 Cobra I can then sell my car and have 2.5k of mod money.

A boy can dream, right?

I saw your post over at SN95 forums, I think, and that car just looks so clean.

My only suggestion is to make sure you choose the headers before the midpipe. I know people who have done the midpipe just to realize that they want long tubes and have had to buy another new midpipe to fit. Just trying to help avoid one of those little headaches some people don't foresee.
Old 12/14/09, 10:39 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gotta agree with pete on that one lol. i bet those headers are a pain on the 4v though.
Old 12/14/09, 02:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
I plan on keeping a stock exterior appearance though, but I am always open to suggestions...
White Le Mans stripes the entire length of the car. Your car with those stripes would probably be top 5 on my favorite car list! Maybe paint the trim piece along the bottom of the bumper black as well. Otherwise don't touch it. Again, congrats on the car, it's beautiful!
Old 12/14/09, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by harristotle
White Le Mans stripes the entire length of the car.
Maybe it's just me, but I have never liked stripes on SN95s. They are just too curvy for the stripes to work for me...

Maybe paint the trim piece along the bottom of the bumper black as well. Otherwise don't touch it.
That is always a good choice. Another really cool thing is the CDC gas tank cover. They stopped making it a few years back, but if you can get your hands on one it would look amazing on your car...
Old 12/15/09, 01:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cntchds
The only problem I'm having is that I can't really sell my car to buy a Cobra because I use my GT as my daily driver. I figure, though, that once I save enough money to buy my 96-98 Cobra I can then sell my car and have 2.5k of mod money.

A boy can dream, right?

I saw your post over at SN95 forums, I think, and that car just looks so clean.

My only suggestion is to make sure you choose the headers before the midpipe. I know people who have done the midpipe just to realize that they want long tubes and have had to buy another new midpipe to fit. Just trying to help avoid one of those little headaches some people don't foresee.
Thanks Pete, yep it is on SN95 as well. Selling stuff is how I justify mod money to my wife, so I daydream the same thing, ha, ha. Don't worry, I will be getting the Bassani catted x for sure, and maybe the Bassani mid-lengths, so either way they will bolt right up. I went down that road before years back with my 2000 Corvette, as I put on a Magnaflow x-pipe, but then went with a full race system, and took it off, sold it and put on LT's and a 3" system all the way back. That was before kids, so I have to be much more fugal now.
Old 12/15/09, 01:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by boduke0220
gotta agree with pete on that one lol. i bet those headers are a pain on the 4v though.
Yep, I'll bet putting on headers is going to be a little bit of a pain. I am now leaning on just doing the Bassani catted x, as the KB website said they picked up nothing with LT headers, but did pick up about 10hp with a Bassani x-pipe. They also state that the "dent" in the stock intake tube robs about 10hp, so I want to replace that with a JLT CAI. The mod monster inside of me still want to try the headers though...
Old 12/15/09, 01:09 AM
Bullitt Member

White Le Mans stripes the entire length of the car. Your car with those stripes would probably be top 5 on my favorite car list! Maybe paint the trim piece along the bottom of the bumper black as well. Otherwise don't touch it. Again, congrats on the car, it's beautiful!
Thanks, I think the black on the rear bumper looks pretty good, but I do not like stripes on the SN95s. I just think they are too fluid to look good with stripes, just like I don't think stripes looks good on Corvettes either. JMHO though, thanks again.
Old 12/15/09, 01:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Maybe it's just me, but I have never liked stripes on SN95s. They are just too curvy for the stripes to work for me...

That is always a good choice. Another really cool thing is the CDC gas tank cover. They stopped making it a few years back, but if you can get your hands on one it would look amazing on your car...
My thoughts exactly Pete! I have never seen the CDC tank cover though, but I may have to keep my eye out for one.
Old 12/15/09, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I definitely can agree with you depending on the car. My car has gold stripes (bought it that way) that don't look too bad. If I end up keeping it I'm going to change it to full length blue stripes. It depends on how it is done to look good. I saw a video on youtube a little while back that had a white with blue stripes SN-95 that actually looked really good, and up until that point I was against stripes on SN-95's too. I'll see if I can find it...
Old 12/15/09, 03:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Here's the vid, I remembered it as a 96-98 Cobra, but its actually a Terminator, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NnqpY9xCXU
It's not really a vid worth watching except for the pictures since youtube took the sound off

Also, what is the gas tank cover you are talking about? Do you have a picture of what it is? Thanks!
Old 12/15/09, 05:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Love the car. Couldn't have gotten it in a better color.
Old 12/15/09, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lowblustang00
Love the car. Couldn't have gotten it in a better color.
Thanks, your car is looking good too!