05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

White faced gauges - who has swapped?

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/07, 11:35 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
White faced gauges - who has swapped?

Has anyone done the white gauge face insert install? And if so which one did you use?
Old 10/27/07, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey man, this dude has them:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ght=white+face
Old 10/27/07, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Dave, it's on my list for down the road. I was leaning twords the US Speedo gauges but since I am pretty sure I am going with the new Simco setup.

http://www.simcoltd.com/about/press/...7-ford-mustang

Not sure how it works but it looks like you can have them put on a special logo for you as well. I passed this along to Frank at Wayne Akers about using them and using a custom logo for their W.A.R. cars they build. Not sure how that has worked out though. I also think Simco is who does the gauges for the Saleen Stangs.
Old 10/27/07, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Wow Gary those look cool..... but I wonder since the '99-'04 kits are like $270, how much will the new kits be??
Old 10/27/07, 08:15 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Dave, it's on my list for down the road. I was leaning twords the US Speedo gauges but since I am pretty sure I am going with the new Simco setup.

http://www.simcoltd.com/about/press/...7-ford-mustang

Not sure how it works but it looks like you can have them put on a special logo for you as well. I passed this along to Frank at Wayne Akers about using them and using a custom logo for their W.A.R. cars they build. Not sure how that has worked out though. I also think Simco is who does the gauges for the Saleen Stangs.
Thanks for that thread link Tom!

Dang Gary - custom logo too? That's pretty sweet!

I really just want better daytime visibility - PLUS something cool and new in the interior. Truthfully I would LOVE to do the dash gauge swap with the Shelby GT500 unit and get the TACH where it belongs - but I think you need a dealer to install it. You think Wayne Akers would do that? I heard Kev Casey has a decent price ont he GT500 dash unit
Old 10/27/07, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Burke0011
No problem..... you know I do more than just smell good & look pretty.
Old 10/27/07, 09:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Dang Gary - custom logo too? That's pretty sweet!

I really just want better daytime visibility - PLUS something cool and new in the interior. Truthfully I would LOVE to do the dash gauge swap with the Shelby GT500 unit and get the TACH where it belongs - but I think you need a dealer to install it. You think Wayne Akers would do that? I heard Kev Casey has a decent price ont he GT500 dash unit
Not sure Dave, you can call Frank in the parts department over there and let him know you are on SFS. I would think for the GT500 deal it would have to be the whole pod. The Simco setup if I am not mistaken is just an overlay with a new neddle set. I called a bunch of months back and they said it was like $140-$150 or something? It's not an entire pod swap like they offer on the 04's.

Hmmm if timing is right maybe I would do mine the same time as yours, get some beer and make a day out of it.
Old 10/28/07, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Has anyone done the white gauge face insert install? And if so which one did you use?
What about these? http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/...Mustang+Gauges And you wouldn't happen to be planning this install on Dec 6th/7th - would ya?
Old 10/28/07, 07:28 PM
Big Falken Tires

Yeah that's what I meant - its definitely the whole pod

That Simco set-up seems pretty neat though

and YEAH if timing work out, I'd be up for a little co-install
Sure thing man!

Originally Posted by GPStang06
Not sure Dave, you can call Frank in the parts department over there and let him know you are on SFS. I would think for the GT500 deal it would have to be the whole pod. The Simco setup if I am not mistaken is just an overlay with a new neddle set. I called a bunch of months back and they said it was like $140-$150 or something? It's not an entire pod swap like they offer on the 04's.

Hmmm if timing is right maybe I would do mine the same time as yours, get some beer and make a day out of it.
Old 10/28/07, 07:29 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by MTAS
What about these? http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/...Mustang+Gauges And you wouldn't happen to be planning this install on Dec 6th/7th - would ya?
Nope, not right now - but I'm sure there is SOMETHING we can do that weekend

(besides new video - we can get some at least driving over to the PRI show on I-4)
Old 10/28/07, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Bzzzzzt.....sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but since the dash lights up with white lights during the day, it makes these a major pain to see. I literally can't see RPM's or speed during the day, looks freaking cool when the car's turned off though. I'd be down for a new set if I could find some way around this problem. For me though, I've had it this way for about a year and a half, and I'm about to switch back to the factory black gauges because of this.
Old 10/29/07, 07:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by azoufan
Bzzzzzt.....sorry to rain on everyone's parade, but since the dash lights up with white lights during the day, it makes these a major pain to see. I literally can't see RPM's or speed during the day, looks freaking cool when the car's turned off though. I'd be down for a new set if I could find some way around this problem. For me though, I've had it this way for about a year and a half, and I'm about to switch back to the factory black gauges because of this.
Heard that many times now. I wonder how the Roush cars get around that. Maybe their's are an entire pod sawp because if I am not mistaken the Roush S197's light up lunar at night.
Old 10/29/07, 10:11 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I've got Silver USSpeedo gauges installed in my car. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see how it's done, they did it during SEMA while I was out cruising the show last year.

I know they do the Foose dash overlays, and I thought the guy told me the do Saleen's also, but my memory could be faulty.

azoufan, I've seen the same thing with mine, my fix was to set the dash lights to a darker color (blue) and use the driving lights even during the day. If I don't turn them off, I can't read the numbers on the gauges when the light hits right.
Old 11/2/07, 12:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh, the cool factor overides my need to see the numbers. I've had them on for about a year as well and got used to it real quick.
Old 11/2/07, 12:35 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The GT500 guages are also hard to read in the daytime I've heard. As for the Roush guages as night they light up a greenish color. Couldnt find an actual pic, but they are a little more green that this.
Old 11/7/07, 03:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azoufan
^^^the EXACT reason why I have never done this^^^