05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Vinyl Dash Kit,

Search this Thread

Old 10/24/09, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vinyl Dash Kit,

Hello everybody. I want to change up my interior a bit by adding some style to it. I was planning on purchasing the rVinyl dash kit for the mustang, but I don't know what style to chose. I have a 2008 Mustang GT. It is Vista Blue Metallic with white racing stripes. The interior is all black except the dash and airbags: they look stainless steel with lines going horizontally across it. I was leaning towards carbon fiber, but is it too ricerish? Can someone help me choose a color (like matte black or white?) or give me some advise on what to choose? I am indecisive. I have been thinking about it for a week, and I can decide. Please Help. Thanks.

My interior is BONE STOCK and looks like this
CLICK HERE
Old 10/24/09, 10:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Don't do anything. The IUP dash is nice, and you should leave it. The carbon fiber isn't terribly ricey, but using vinyl stickers is. Get the real carbon fiber or don't bother.

/And *don't* get white... geez, that'd be horrid.
//The matte? *shrugs* I'd have to see it first.
Old 10/25/09, 01:53 PM

Yup, your right. I'm better off leaving it stock. It looks pretty good, and I wont have to go through all the hassle. Thanks for the help on your opinion.
Old 10/25/09, 02:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

+Good deal! leave it stock, why would anyone want to cover up the great looking aluminum with carbon fiber? Carbon fiber is not very attractive IMO.
Originally Posted by vistabluegt
Yup, your right. I'm better off leaving it stock. It looks pretty good, and I wont have to go through all the hassle. Thanks for the help on your opinion.
Old 10/25/09, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally hate the silver IUP. It is actually a vinyl sticker itself, and not even CLOSE to aluminum I switched out to the base black panels. It's cheap material, but at least it blends.

However, I advise against a CF sticker kit. If you really want the CF look, which I like, then send out the panels to be printed with the pattern of your choice. The pieces will actually be wrapped, not just covered with a sticker on the front.
Old 10/25/09, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
I personally hate the silver IUP. It is actually a vinyl sticker itself, and not even CLOSE to aluminum
No. Well, no with a maybe attached:

I have an extra set *in my hands right now.* They are all black plastic with a metal cladding on them. The thin lines are the actual aluminum (or whatever the metal is) showing through the unpainted portions, and the thick bars are a silver paint.

Scribing it just produces more metal underneath the scratch. Trying to pry the thing up produces no lift, no separation... it's metal. Non ferrous, but metal nonetheless.

What I don't have in my hands (but can look on my car in the morning and report back) is the actual airbag cover. But I do believe it's also two metal cladding caps on the black plastic/rubber.

In any case, WAY not vinyl.
Old 10/25/09, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, maybe they changed it from what you have in your 2006, but in my 2007 I literally PEELED it off the corner of my airbag cover after I took it off. This is the only reason I know...I wanted to paint the panels Vista Blue, but the bars (whatever they are) are indeed raised and were messing with my idea of how the finished product would look.

So whatever it's made out of, it has a "sticker" quality and is very thin, not much unlike vinyl.

Last edited by BlueSkyVert; 10/25/09 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10/26/09, 11:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll grant that a sticker would be a cheaper solution.. maybe they did. I dunno what year these are, but likely an 05-06 V6 was the donation wreck. Running changes I guess... kinda disappointed to hear that.

/Soon won't matter what they have on mine... plans are afoot!
//it's gonna be *sweeet*
///yes, that's 3 e's.