05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Sync coming as Ford Accessory for 08-09 Mustangs, July 2008.

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/08, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why provide a product to the public if " i cannot provide any surefire facts on if it will work or not. " sounds like the whole sync thing is totally flawed. i think i might go with a pioneer or kenwood etc and leave the sync thing alone.
Old 7/21/08, 02:21 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by skullzero
why provide a product to the public if " i cannot provide any surefire facts on if it will work or not. " sounds like the whole sync thing is totally flawed. i think i might go with a pioneer or kenwood etc and leave the sync thing alone.
It's not flawed. It's stated that it will work on 2009 Mustangs without a nav system. Where is the flaw in that?

It --> MAY <-- work on some job 2 2008's. It's not marketed towards the 2008's, but you could have an '08 with '09 or already compatible electronics in it. If that is the case, it MAY work on an '08. Not a flaw, just a possibilty it would be compatible.
Old 7/24/08, 12:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Partscheap
I just uploaded the Sync kit to the site. Although it is not what was originally announced to us by our Accessory Rep. It will work on 09 Mustangs without nav. If you have nav it may work, but you will not be able to talk to the computer. 08 Mustangs Job 2, may work with the regular stereo's, and the same possibility with nav without voice recognition. The only actual supported vehicle is the 2009 Mustang without Nav. The others are unconfirmed reports from the Ford engineer who has told me "it might work" but i cannot provide any surefire facts on if it will work or not.

Available here:
http://www.partscheap.com/Ford_Musta...z-14d212-a.htm
The whole point of sync is to automate the whole media in your car. It not working with the nav is a huge negative. Droping 400+ bux on sync and it does not work with nav is total crapola. I might as well buy the pioneer unit and it will do all of the above. I was wating on purchasing a nav system because of sync.....

Any idea if the already sync enabled mercury vehicles with nav have the functionality? Is it possible to port the nav system from those vehicles?
Old 7/24/08, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Without the visual touch screen, I am not interested in Sync... We might as well go aftermarket.
Old 7/26/08, 12:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by watchdevil
Without the visual touch screen, I am not interested in Sync... We might as well go aftermarket.
I agree... This is not worth the extra cash and the lame execution... I will go with an aftermarket unit...

Excelon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HVPo...eature=related
Old 9/16/08, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by CarRamRod
Sync only works with microsoft players right? No ipods right?
I had a new Taurus loaner my blackberry & i pod worked